Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wishing someone bad...?

Wishing someone bad...?

Namaste,

I decided to ask you about something that I heard about in September. As some of you might now - I have CP & basically last September I was in boarding school for disabled people [for 2 weeks of testing]. I was living with 2 women in early 40's: one of them was like me - disabled since child; but for other it was way different.
    She married into family & her mother in law hated her. After a while she started get sick & it all became worse. Basically- from person without a disability she became person with group 1 disability (the worst type). I was wondering is it possible that someone can wish bad & it happens? Hating someone that it just gets worse for that other person?

Well, basically, I didn't add personal details & all that she told us. But... I still hope you still can help me understand.

Have a wonderful day,
    ~Alice
    Siva Yogaswami used to say, "It takes courage to be happy all the time."

Re: Wishing someone bad...?

From my perspective--I suppose. But that person would have to have immense negative spiritual powers that I would imagine are quite rare.

If we were to consider this a spiritual thing and not look for any other reasoning behind it I'd offer the following as an explanation:

The negative energy that her mother in law was giving her could have weakened her because she bought into it--she believed it. Being in a stressful environment can be detrimental to your well being, that's proven scientifically.. negative people can build up anxiety and what not.

That negativity felt from the mother in law could have stressed her out to the point where her disease worsened. This could be common--the goal is the outlook--change her out look and allow those remarks to deflect off of her.

This is just my opinion. Thank you for the question, Alice.

Hare Om.
    I am taste in water, son of Kunti,
    I am light in the moon and sun.
    The sacred syllable Om of all the Vedas,
    Sound in ether, manliness in men.
    [vii.8-10]

Vannakkam Alice: As far as the idea of throwing negative energy at someone with intent to injure, I don't think that's possible personally. But causing stress, and then resulting physical complications from stress would be possible.

There is a famous story of a man who killed his wife by the constant threat, "I'm going to kill you." She got so stressed out about it, one day she was unaware of the traffic and stepped out in front of a car. So then the story continued on whether or not he could be tried for murder.

I'm wondering if this concerns you a lot, if it does, or is it just some philosophical musing.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Lacie View Post
    Namaste,

I decided to ask you about something that I heard about in September. As some of you might now - I have CP & basically last September I was in boarding school for disabled people [for 2 weeks of testing]. I was living with 2 women in early 40's: one of them was like me - disabled since child; but for other it was way different.
    She married into family & her mother in law hated her. After a while she started get sick & it all became worse. Basically- from person without a disability she became person with group 1 disability (the worst type). I was wondering is it possible that someone can wish bad & it happens? Hating someone that it just gets worse for that other person?

Well, basically, I didn't add personal details & all that she told us. But... I still hope you still can help me understand.

Have a wonderful day,
    ~Alice
    My dear Alice,

Believe me without a thread of doubt :

NOTHING CAN HARM YOU UNLESS YOU ALLOW IT TO HARM YOU.

Go inside and pray to God ... have immense faith in yourself and God. Even in difficult times, never lose faith .... EVERYTHING IS JUST GOING TO BE FINE. Please relax !

There is nothing as powerful in this phenomenal world as YOU Are ! It is all in your mind. You have to just believe in power of YOUR MIND. Can you do this simple thing ?

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

I'll throw my .02 into this also and agree with everyone else. I don't believe anyone can inflict negative energy or "put a curse" on anyone. I think it's a lot of silliness. No one can do anything to you that you don't give them permission to do. Moreover, a lot of this is all coincidence. Some people (the "ill-wisher") pick up on subtle cues from other people (the victim) and use it as "voodoo" or "witchcraft". Unfortunately the victim may believe it, and do things to make this silliness come true.

My sister-in-law is into santeria and brujeria, an amalgam of Caribbean indigenous beliefs and Roman Catholicism. She believes she can put curse on people for various reasons, like to break up her son and his girlfriend. The only thing she is doing is adding bad kriyamana karma to her supply of sanchita karma. The irony is that she lives a miserable life. I believe that's prarabdha karma.

The only one who suffers from wishing someone ill is the person who does the ill-wishing. They add to their bad karma. Our karma is governed by our thoughts also, and what other people do under our direction or wishes.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

i differ from what other posters are saying. one can actually put someone under curse through tantrik practises.

have seen it personaly, the effect of it. how people become like zombies (not literally), they loose sense of right or wrong and go on the path of self destruction.their complexion darkens,face and body language becomes dull, there is negative energy around,always in a cringy mood and how when they are cured of the curse, the transformation is so sudden and dramatic, it is unbelievable. totally changed, back to senses like nothing happened.

Namasté Alice Lacie namasté all

To my mind,

If both parties believe it possible, it is.
    If one believes it possible and the other believes nothing, it maybe.
    If one believes it possible and the other believes otherwise. It is not.

Be aware of the root of your Dharma and of whose Dharma you share.
    Belief is a complicated practise, made easy by the Gods!

Peace and love too you.

Om Shanti

Dear Alice,

Please don't believe goodlife. What I say is true. I also have seen many such cases.

If you have unshakable faith in yourself & in God, nothing can ever harm you except your own thoughts and karma.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

There once was a Beloved...very Beloved Man. I will leave his name out of this to avoid some embarassments.

Well...he worry so so much over the brakes in the car and he obsess over them very greatly...and so much so..without even knowing he was doing it...he began to overly use them...and also push down on them to check them over and over again.

Soon...those brakes on that car were grinding to the bare disc...because he wore the pads down.

He come and say...see? I was worried about those brakes for months and now I was right about them going out!

Months after the repairs one morning, he hears a creak and once again begins to obsess over the brakes...but this time someone very rational stepped in and had to say it...

Sometimes, what looks like some evil curse is our own innate ability to undermine our own selves.

If thoughts could kill...or harm...imagine people like my grandmother, who beat my mother so hard...all of her children but her last two hated her...and cursed her name. Not only this great hatred did she have against her...but every single day of my life since the time I was born I remember her saying that this day would be her last and she would die that night...every single day for over 30 years I hear this...

She lived to almost 100!

What finally kill her was my mother dying of cancer....without love...it can be hard on some to remain here.

From my observation, it seems that this world would grind to a dead stop if beings with such power were allowed to dwell amongst us...it seems even the Deva who come here to help have to deal with great adversity to work in this quick sand. This is a no fly zone...one of radio silence...and it is this way to protect us...which makes their jobs infinitely harder...and ours.

That's not to say that we couldn't be influenced by another if our resolve was very weak. In those cases the one to blame would still be ourselves for allowing one to derail us in such a way.
    Last edited by NayaSurya; 08 July 2011 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Dear Alice,

Please don't believe goodlife. What I say is true. I also have seen many such cases.

If you have unshakable faith in yourself & in God, nothing can ever harm you except your own thoughts and karma.

OM
    belief is something you dont have proof for. i have given example fo what i have seen and experienced personaly.

this unshakeable faith is all good talk but that doesnt hide that these things are true and can affect adversely.

though i agree your thoughts are what shapes most of what comes along in your life.may be more on that later.

take care

PS: if it helps i have been through this stage of not believing and thinking all this is gibberish ( i was pretty aggressive with people who said such things) till i saw again n again how these things work and affect lives.

Thread Information