Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ...Shakta...

Re: ...Shakta...

Quote Originally Posted by heartfully View Post
    _/|\_
    Namaste

I have a couple other questions.

1. What would be tilaka worn by those who are Shakta?
    2. Is there a specific prayer or ritual I could say to dedicate myself to Shakta? Whether it is one actually used by Shakta or one you think would be a good way to begin a couple months dedicated to Shakti?

Blessed Be!
    Here's a way to get some info from one of the priests at the Washington Kali Temple:

FOR A FREE KALI PRAYER BOOKLET in a PDF file, simply email me at jaimaakaalee@gmail.com. You will also receive the Devi Mahatmyam, as well as a comprehensive letter explaining how to end suffering and make great spiritual progress toward liberation. Love and blessings, Acharyaji JAI DEVI MAHA KALI MA
    He will set you on the right path!

Also, the most common tilakas for Shaktas (as far as I know...any Indians are free to correct me!) are either a big red kumkum circle, or a kumkum verticle stripe, like you see on me in my avatar (though that's more common with males, in my experience). However, I've also noticed other Shaktas being less "conspicuous" about their tilaka, or just not wearing them.

I would suggest, if you are serious, divorcing yourself from non-Hindu forms like Isis, and Neo-Pagan customs (like "Blessed Be!"). This kind of thing can confuse you, and I personally view that keeping a hold on these other traditions is kind of like being "noncommittal." When you aren't born or brought up as a Hindu, as with both you and I, we don't have the decades of traditional upbringing and knowledge that a "Born Hindu" receives as a matter of course. We have to struggle with it, and we have to be committed...and above all, we should seek to learn from those more knowledgable than ourselves...rather than saying, "Well...I understand that that is the tradition that has lasted for thousands of years...but I like this better!"

Whether you call her "Isis," "Cybele," or "Prthivi," is unimportant...except for tradition and cohesiveness. One would not worship the Vedic Prthivi by using a Latin Roman invocation...or call upon the Roman Cybele using a Native American dance ritual...nor would one call upon the Egyptian Isis through a Sanskrit mantra.

Keep it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by heartfully View Post
    Namaste...

I have felt for several years that I am blessed by a Feminine Divine Presence. Yet I also believe the Divine is beyond form and gender. On the other hand, I think the Divine is not limited to being beyond form and gender. It/She/It/They can be all or none. I also believe the feminine earthly body is not necessarilarly the Feminine Divine Essence. Am I making sense?

Love to all,
    <3full
    I think I understand what you mean, Heartfully. I come from a Catholic background, where thinking of God as female is a heresy. I realize that all images of God are illusions. Yet my finite human mind, buried in ignorance, craves an image of God to meditate upon. The Heavenly Mother: Indian, beautiful, astride her Tiger makes me feel protected and loved. I love Her dearly. Yet I realize that it is illusory. But for me, for the moment, it is an aid in meditation. I am very happy for you!
    Om Radha Krishnaya Namaha

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste Hf,

If I remember correctly, you have come from a Islamic background. So, truly speaking, now alone what you are saying makes sense.

The form and formlessness are illusions. The Ultimate Reality is beyond all forms and also formlessness & yet no one can claim that they have no form. Actually, scientifically speaking, all the perception of a form forms only in our mind. Our sense of sight, touch, smell, likes, dislikes .... are all born in our mind ... it has no meaning in absolute sense.

God (or Goddess) is not someone looking from top ... hungry for our submission to him/her ... & yet It is someone who cares for us in the form we are comfortable with. So, your experience is certainly divine born out of your sincere devotion to mother aspect of God. Let me tell you that mother Goddess Kaali used to present herself in the form of a woman to Ramkrishna Parahansa & even ate from his hands. .... and yet Sri Ramkrishna Paramhansa followed the path of Jnan yoga which believes that all forms/formlessness are just illusions created by mind. ... Was he confused due to this ? No, he didn't learn this by reading any book or from someone ... It was his direct experience in Samadhi (i.e. being one with God with no differentiation).

Rest assured. You are fortunate to feel the care/attention of mother Goddess.
    My best wishes on your path of spiritual journey ...

OM
    Namaste!

Thank you, your words meant a lot and comforted me very much. I know that Ibn Arabi also had a vision of Sophia. I feel Mother's Light and Love many times during the day. I get a little tug in my heart whenever it happens. I feel so loved, my heart reacts. Maybe there really is that tiny part of the heart that holds the soul and connects us. Perhaps we are always connected, but we need to focus on the connection and let go of all these distractions which keep us from uniting with Love inside our hearts.

Thread Information