Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Information on the following Mantra:

Information on the following Mantra:

Hello, I would like to know information on the following mantra and if any one has had any experiences reciting it:

Aum kapilaya namah

Thank you so much!
    I am taste in water, son of Kunti,
    I am light in the moon and sun.
    The sacred syllable Om of all the Vedas,
    Sound in ether, manliness in men.
    [vii.8-10]

Re: Information on the following Mantra:

No bites, eh?
    [vii.8-10]

Namasté WTyler

I have no idea but my heart would led me here as a place to start.

Of all trees I am the banyan tree, and of the sages among the demigods I am Narada. Of the Gandharvas I am Citraratha, and among perfected beings I am the sage Kapila.(10.26)

Afterwards the pronunciation may come all by its self.

I know this may not be the response that you seek but I truly hope that it is of some use to you none the less.

Aum shri ganeshaya namah.

Mana
    Last edited by Mana; 20 July 2011 at 10:04 AM.

namaste WTyler.

The term kapila in SaMskRtam indicates a color: the reddish brown. So kapilAya means 'of reddish brown color'. Is this line, kapilAya namaH part of the gaNesha shodasha nAmAvalI--sixteen names of GaNesha? If so, please check this link for the meaning of the lines:
    http://www.celextel.org/stotras/gane...sastotram.html
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Namaste,

Two meaning of that mantra, one is explained by Saidevo and other meaning is Wish Cow.

Aum kapilaya namah

Kapila (red) means that you are able to give color therapy. You are able to create colorsaround yourself and around others, bathe them in that color and heal them. As per the mantrayou create, so will you create the colors. Another meaning is "wish cow," the "cow of plenty." It means that whatever you wish, that comes true. There is a wish-cow inside you.Whatever you wish, especially for healing others, comes true immediately.

Check sources here.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/60428371/3...-Special-Three
    Namaskar,

AmIHindu ?

यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि ।

नाम्नोऽस्ति यावती शक्तिः पापनिर्हरणे हरेः । श्र्वपचोऽपि नरः कतुँ क्षमस्तावन्नकिल्विषम् ।।

Hare Om,

Thank you for your replies.

I am assuming that none of you have had any experiences with this mantra. I find the color therapy interesting..
    [vii.8-10]

Namaste saideveo, WTyler, et al.

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    namaste WTyler.

The term kapila in SaMskRtam indicates a color: the reddish brown. So kapilAya means 'of reddish brown color'. Is this line, kapilAya namaH part of the gaNesha shodasha nAmAvalI--sixteen names of GaNesha? If so, please check this link for the meaning of the lines:
    http://www.celextel.org/stotras/gane...sastotram.html
    I found this listed under the mantras for Sri Ganesha I posted in ILoveGod's post on how to become Hindu:

Aum Kapilaya Namah
    Kapila (red) means that you are able to give colour therapy. You are able to create colours around yourself and around others, soak them in that colour and heal them. As per the mantra you create, so will you create the colors. Another meaning is "wish cow," the "cow of plenty." It means that whatever you wish, that comes true. There is a wish-cow inside you. Whatever you wish, especially for curing others, comes true instantly.

So at the risk of repetition of above posts or my comment being a no-brainer, it's a mantra to Lord Ganesha.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchedbytheLord View Post
    I found this listed under the mantras for Sri Ganesha I posted in ILoveGod's post on how to become Hindu: Aum Kapilaya Namah
    Kapila (red) means that you are able to give colour therapy.
    While this may be so, there are other meanings for this word kapila.

kapila कपिल is rooted (√) in kam , meaning bliss, happiness.
    Hence śrī gaeśa can be addressed as He made of or giving bliss and happiness.

This notion of ~red~ comes from the definition of kapila as 'monkey-colored' , brown , tawny , reddish .
    Yet too more interesting (to me) is kapila is a 'kind of mouse'. We know that śrī gaeśa's mount is a mouse.
    More on this if there is interest.

Regarding color we know śrī gaeśa is also addressed as kṛṣṇapigākaṁ. kṛṣṇa +pigā + ka
    • kṛṣṇa = black/dark-blue +
    • pigā is a name for a divine being; it also means yellow , reddish-brown , tawny.
      • pigā is another name for turmeric , hence you can then sense the color that is being suggested.
    But what of this color? Is this the body color of gaeśa or perhaps his robe? The answer is in āka (pigākaṁ) which has 4 definitions; the 4th one is 'the eye'; aka is for in aki.
    Aki also means the number 2 ( as in two eyes) and it is a name for the sun and the moon. The Sun and moon are considered the right and left eye. Hence gaeśa as kṛṣṇapigāka is the Divine Being (pigā) with the dark (kṛṣṇa) + reddish-brown-turmeric in color + eyes (aka).

Is there another ? Yes, dhūmaravarṇaṁ - the smoke-colored One. Dhūmara is smoke-coloured , smoky , dark-coloured , grey + varṇa is color, cover, tint, dye, etc. We also know varṇa as race, tribe.
    A a more subtle definition is 'one who wards off'. Hence this view of gaṇeśa can also be one who 'wards off' the darkess (dhūmara).

One last idea that cannot be passed up. Kapila is the ṛṣi (seer, sage) identified by some with viṣṇu , and considered as the founder of the sāṃkhya system of philosophy. So another way of looking at śrī gaṇeśa is He of Wisdom, as kapila.

praām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste Yajvan,

This notion of ~red~ comes from the definition of kapila as 'monkey-colored' , brown , tawny , reddish .
    Yet too more interesting (to me) is kapila is a 'kind of mouse'. We know that śrī gaṇeśa's mount is a mouse.
    More on this if there is interest.

What kind of mouse is kapila? Does it have any relation to the tawny colour you were describing?

In fact, I was wondering why there are so many references to colour with Sri Ganesha. He is also often described and visualed as being red in colour, or wearing saffron coloured robes. Does this have any special significance? Some might argue that red is the colour of energy, passion and maybe controlled by rajas guna.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Vannakkam: This morning I happened top attend temple to worship, not work, and for some odd reason I really listened to the Iyer as he was chanting names of Ganesha. Usually I don't REALLY listen. But I did hear this one: kapilaya. And now its being discussed here, yet its not one of the 108 I once had memorised.

Velly intelesting. (Only elder Americans familiar with a certain famous comedy show will catch that reference, I bet.)

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information