Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Banishment of Sita

Re: Banishment of Sita

It is because of the deep philosophies (derivations from the Upanishads) embedded into these epics (and in general, in the content of the scriptures), the "Knowledgeables" say that our ignorance is out of our lack of holistic knowledge.

One can have doubts - but those doubts are linked to the ability to percieve (behold bigger ecosystem in mind) rather than the veracity of the scriptures. So the doubts need to be cleared by seeking clarifications.

It might take long time to even assimilate this, however the facts slowly sink in with more and more knowledge.

Love and best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Kala View Post
    I don't know much
    And thus spake "Divine Kala".

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    I would like to mention here that many scholars believe that Uttar Kand part where this is narrated was nowhere in the original Ramayana written by Valmiki. It was added later ... may be due to social compulsions during those times. The same thing is also said about Shmbook killing episode too.

OM
    Killing Shambuka is a great illustration of the concept of the Bhagavad Gita. One should do one's svadharma and not paradharma. It was with the grace of Rama that Shambuka did recieve his goal. Tapasya is done with mukti in mind. Anyone who is killed by Rama will recieve mukti, so killing Shambuka was a done by his grace alone, so that Shambuka's desire to get mukti would be fulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Killing Shambuka is a great illustration of the concept of the Bhagavad Gita. One should do one's svadharma and not paradharma. It was with the grace of Rama that Shambuka did recieve his goal. Tapasya is done with mukti in mind. Anyone who is killed by Rama will recieve mukti, so killing Shambuka was a done by his grace alone, so that Shambuka's desire to get mukti would be fulfilled.
    I can't expect anything better from you, seeing your past activities on this forum.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Kala View Post
    I don't know much, ... I find it what Rama did distasteful
    You have no right to be Hindu in the first place. It's better that you start worshipping the fantasy figure you painted.

I never knew that you were kind of a dick, Sahasranama. Learn something new every day. : )

Seriously though, what do you mean by fantasy figure? And why does Divine Kala have no right to be Hindu? I'd love to know your thought process.
    I am taste in water, son of Kunti,
    I am light in the moon and sun.
    The sacred syllable Om of all the Vedas,
    Sound in ether, manliness in men.
    [vii.8-10]

I am not going to put up with people who think Rama's action were distasteful. Wether it was meat eating, sending Sita out to the hermitage or killing Shambuka. Bunch a pseudo-Hindus cannot stand to hear about the stories of Rama.

I am not going to put up with people who think Rama's action were distasteful. Wether it was meat eating, sending Sita out to the hermitage or killing Shambuka. Bunch a pseudo-Hindus cannot stand to hear about the stories of Rama.
    No, Rama's action were not at all distasteful. It is the act of manipulation which appears to have contaminated our sacred texts.

... and Pseuo-hindus ? Ah ! That will certainly be decided by you, imho. No surprises.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Well if it tells you anything, my ignorance upon the topic of the Banishment are now clear and I fully understand. So thank you for all your support, and the more responses even make it more clear to me.
    I am taste in water, son of Kunti,
    I am light in the moon and sun.
    The sacred syllable Om of all the Vedas,
    Sound in ether, manliness in men.
    [vii.8-10]

You have no right to be Hindu in the first place. It's better that you start worshipping the fantasy figure you painted.
    If you are a Hindu, then define how can you banish someone outside Hinduism ?

Hinduism is known for putting up questions. Whole of Upanishads and Gita is that only. So what made you think that questioning a particular action is prohibited in Hinduism ?

If you do not like someone's stand point then you should understand that all are unique and are at different point of the journey.

With your post you have denigrated Hinduism.

Pray to God for giving you more patience.

Love and best wishes

Thread Information