Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spiritual Development.

Re: Spiritual Development.

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Many like to see progress that is, well , a bit spectacular - lights, visions, etc. For me it has been simple things. Insights. Things that are the ahhh-ha-s! that I did not see before. These have been most gratifying.

My teacher has always taught expect nothing. I see the immense value in this.

praṇām
    Namaste Yajvanji,

It's quiet natural to have the desire to know one's progress, when one is doing something (in material or spiritual world).
    Me too, was troubling my master (Guru) to know how fast I can reach or where have I reached/ progressed. He used to calm me down in his own ways.

But in a way I feel, so long as these desires do-not affect our sadhna, they are good, as it indicates our urge to do more and that's what keeps us going against all odds. Experiences boost our confidence and tell us how sincere we are in our pursuit.
    It is impossible to say one will not have any experience/s, let one follow, any path of spirituality. But one should not get misguided or become egotistical of one's achievements (and Guru plays important role there).

Even for me, the best thing that Guru taught was, "In Shaktipat Yoga, the sadhak does nothing, mother Kundalini takes care of everything (the most important thing is, this sense of doing is taken out at the very beginning of sadhna).

That's why the need of "Guru" (disperse r of darkness) is unquestionable.

Pranam

Ekoham
    Jo sahaj hai, saral hai, wohi satya hai!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekoham View Post
    Namaste,

As for OP,
    what it is that constitutes spiritual growth and how does one grow,
    why not all beings follow spirituality, is there any correlation of this with Karma-Phala sidhdhant (also mentioned in BG how yogi continues his journey), why do some suffer more while starting afresh or during their journey on this path of spirituality. Once these are answered most of the doubts will be clarified.
    Waiting for elaborate answers from other great souls.

Pranam

Ekoham
    Namasté Ekoham, All

To understand spiritual growth we must forget both the ego and the self temporarily and envisage the Atman and Purusha their roll in the growth of Dharma. When either the self chooses or Dharma requires it by the movement of Purusha and PrakRti.

As Purusha moves with PrakRti friction and heat are made within both. Dharma and Adharma are both present as they are in fact the same thing only moving both forwards and backwards as branches of a tree.

In some situations Dharma will eject jiva.

As fruit falls from the tree in a storm in time its rotting flesh leaves a seed in fertile ground. That seed is released from the sweet flesh of mAyA. That seed may see its likeness it the tree from which it came and into which it may grow.

In calmer times a fruit may be picked eaten and the seed nurtured allowing it grow with great ease, however this seed may not have seen its likeness in the tree but in the hand that nurtures it.

Both are spiritual growth.

Without the presence of the sun amongst others, there would be no growth in either case.

We can feel the movement of Dharma in our hearts and see it all about us. If we so desire. Once ripe we either fall or are picked.

Pranam

Mana

Quote Originally Posted by Ekoham View Post

It's quiet natural to have the desire to know one's progress, when one is doing something (in material or spiritual world).

Experiences boost our confidence and tell us how sincere we are in our pursuit.
    Ekoham
    It is kind of confusing to me. When we want to seat for medical exam, we study so hard to become a doctor. There comes, desire for result which we should not expect in spiritual field.
    In my opinion,
    Faith is more important then experience in spirituality. In material word, we do so much of reasoning, in spiritual world there is reasoning but superlative reasoning, guess which culminates in to consciousness.

=========================================================
    Thanks to all devotee, you people all discussed how to measure Spiritual Development, but question is still there How to develop spiritually ?

I read here many times, that it will take long for we people to get Moksh. May be this life, 2nd life or 3rd life. I am not sure if this is written in any of Hindu scriptures, if written in any scripture, please let me know.
    Human life is given for to get Moksh, if we do not get it in this life then guess we do not know how to get the Moksh or our efforts are less.

Sri Ramkrishna says, there are 16 parts of Mind ( may be brain - conscious - unconscious ). We should devote 15 part to GOD and one part to our household duties. But presently, we devote 15 parts to household activities and one part to GOD.

So I think Moksh is possible in this life only but we do not know the way how to get it.
    Namaskar,

AmIHindu ?

यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि ।

नाम्नोऽस्ति यावती शक्तिः पापनिर्हरणे हरेः । श्र्वपचोऽपि नरः कतुँ क्षमस्तावन्नकिल्विषम् ।।

Vannakkam AmIHindu:

Personally, I don't ever think about when I will get moksha. Its one brick at a time. I'll give you a personal example.

At our temple, I am the landscaper. Last summer, in the fall, I ordered a truckload of topsoil to be placed on the grass. (about the 10th time I have done this) That's 12 cubic yards, 90 wheelbarrows full, and about 2700 shovels both on and off, and then raking it into the grass. Most people would say I'm nuts. (I do this by myself... no help ... no work crew)

If you look at the whole truckload of dirt when its dumped on the parking you lot, you think: "That's a lot of dirt! It'll never get moved."

But each time it happens I am able to move it, the whole thing. Why? I do it one wheelbarrow full at a time, usually between 5 to 10 a day. in two weeks its done.

That is how moksha is achieved. By doing something every day. Just something. Japa, service, a small puja, giving, helping. Something. This lifetime, next lifetime, 50 lifetimes from now, 1000 lifetimes, so be it. Moksha is inevitable, for all souls. My Beloved Guru said: "It does not take time. It takes will power."

Same with the pile of dirt. It takes will power.

Aum Namasivaya

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by AmIHindu View Post
    I read here many times, that it will take long for we people to get Moksh. May be this life, 2nd life or 3rd life. I am not sure if this is written in any of Hindu scriptures, if written in any scripture, please let me know.
    Human life is given for to get Moksh, if we do not get it in this life then guess we do not know how to get the Moksh or our efforts are less.

So I think Moksh is possible in this life only but we do not know the way how to get it.
    One must consider that this unfoldment can come in a blink of an eye or in eons. Some see this as a function of grace...

I wrote some time back:

One may receive the grace ( anugraha) of Śiva. From this anugraha Śiva creates Masters and śiṣya-s ( students or disciples) via His śaktipāta¹. Let me offer a few ideas from a Kaśmir Śaivism point of view and Svāmi Laksmanjoo's teachings.

Listed below are the first 3 śaktipāta-s ;
    • tīvra-tīvra-śaktipāta - this is the highest level, and therefore called Super Supreme Grace - Its called as such as tīvra ( strong, intense) is repeated twice in the name. This śaktipāta produces immediate identity with Śiva and liberation; Yet due to the extreme intensity of this grace the physical body dropped; This individual becomes a siddha master says Svāmi-ji. From this position this being bestows grace from his abode (Siddhaloka), directly into the heart of deserving aspirants.
    • tīvra-madhya-śaktipāta - the next level is Supreme Medium Grace i.e. tīvra ( strong, intense) + madya or central, medium. Such an individual becomes spiritually illuminated and liberated on his own, relying directly on Śiva, not needing initiation or instruction from another or guru. This is completed facilitated by his/her awakening of his spiritual intuition (pratibhā) which immediately eliminates ignorance or any blemishes ( mala).
    • tīvra-manda-śaktipāta - the next level is considered Inferior or Lower Supreme Grace - note tīvra +manda which is slow, gentle, slight. The person who receives this grace strongly desires to find the feet of his spiritual guru. Who does he find? Svāmi Laksmanjoo suggests he is directed to the guru that received tīvra-madhya-śaktipāta ( the 2nd śaktipāta just reviewed above). Yet this aspirant does not need instruction; What then occurs? A simple touch, a look, simply being in the presence of his master is enough to trigger in him into the state of illumination. This individual need not puruse japa or dhyāna ( contemplation or meditation) as his dīkṣā is complete.
    There are 3 more levels... if interested I will find the HDF post of the other 3.

praṇām

words
    • śaktipāta शक्तिपात- defined as prostration of strength, it is the transfer of śakti or energy from a higher source to another i.e. śakti power, ability, strength, might, effort, energy, capability + pāta alighting, descending or causing to descend, casting or throwing upon, cast, fall
    • tīvra तीव्रis strong, intense, pervading
    • madhya मध्यis middle, central, middlemost , intermediate, central
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namasté yajvan

Thank you for your post, I will be very great full if you would take the time to highlight any previous posts depicting 3 more levels within the nature of the aspirant and the illuminated.

Pranam

Mana

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Namasté yajvan

Thank you for your post, I will be very great full if you would take the time to highlight any previous posts depicting 3 more levels within the nature of the aspirant and the illuminated.
    you will find the whole conversation here:
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...26%23299%3Bvra

praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste EM Ji,

It wasn't personally for you. I follow this website, http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/ for chanting - namjapa.

These people also believe that we can not get Moksh in this life. We just need to be consistence with our Good Karma ( Devotion ) to get better Devotional next life.
    Namaskar,

AmIHindu ?

यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि ।

नाम्नोऽस्ति यावती शक्तिः पापनिर्हरणे हरेः । श्र्वपचोऽपि नरः कतुँ क्षमस्तावन्नकिल्विषम् ।।

Thread Information