Thread: Job seeking

Job seeking

Not sure where this should go but I am presently seeking employment and I wonder what sort of mantras should I chant? I am guessing I should propitiate Ganesh? Should I perhaps have a puja done at a local temple? What should I do?

Re: Job seeking

No pun intended... for job seeking prepare and qualify yourself professionally. Divine help is already there if you are well prepared.

Vannakkam DK: I'm really not sure of your specifics but certainly there are general rules or ideas.

persistence ... I recall sending out exactly 50 applications to school boards when I graduated with B.Ed. 50 was the goal. From that I got 3 interviews and 1 job. See the job hunting as a job in itself, so put 8 hours a day into it.

recognition of the employer, and adjust your outward appearance, language, attitude ... I cut my hair.

be flexible about how you look ... newspaper ads, placement services, door to door, internet job sites ... use it all

ask them stuff in an interview ... most employers want self directed people who can think independently, and this is an indicator to them

have a really well done resume ... have someone look it over

Sideline ... (I was listening to an analysis of foreign workers here in Canada and how there is a cultural barrier ... in Asia (particularly China, but also India) many people wait for the boss to tell them what to do ... here you're expected to find something to do on your own, not just sit and wait)

Best wishes in becoming the world's next millionaire.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Kala View Post
    Not sure where this should go but I am presently seeking employment and I wonder what sort of mantras should I chant? I am guessing I should propitiate Ganesh? Should I perhaps have a puja done at a local temple? What should I do?
    Well... in my (in)experience I read that many shopkeepers keep a murti or picture of MahaLakshmi for success in their business. Perhaps She will also help in guiding you to the right postition. After all, She does bestow wealth and good fortune.

Here's a nice mantra I found on YT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTdwr...7A81B&index=20

From the video description:

Om Mahalakshmyai cha vidmahe
    Vishnu patnyai cha dhimahi
    Tanno Lakshmihi prachodayat

Translation: "Om. Let us meditate on the Great Goddess Sri Lakshmi, the consort of Sri Maha Vishnu. May that effulgent Maha Lakshmi Devi inspire and illuminate our mind with understanding."

Laxmi Gayatri: This is the one Shakti believed to help in acquiring wealth, status, greatness, and fame; therefore, this mantra is used to invoke this Shakti.

This video contains 11 Repetitions of Lakshmi's Gayatri for learning to accurately pronounce this mantra (important). 108 repetitions (or 1 mala) is recommended daily. Pray to the Divine to guide you as I felt guided to make this.
    Or simply OM Sri Mahalakshmyai namaha.

And Sri Ganesha is invoked when starting any venture.

All the best of luck in this!
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Kala View Post
    Impediments in life, particularly this physical life we live is removed by Ganesha. So I would say, he is the best bet to fall back during this time, for metal peace, if nothing else.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

namaste Divine Kala.

While I wish you well on your udyoga-prayatna--job-seeking efforts, I was able to find three mantras for you, which are supposed to be powerful when chanted with sincerity.

• The first is a mantra relating straight to your task of job-seeking. It is addressed to Goddess MahAlakShmI, adoring her with her various names:

श्रीदेवीहि अमृतोत् भूता-कमला-चन्द्रशोभना ।
    विष्णुपत्नी वैष्णवीच वरारोहिच शार्ङ्गिणी ।
    हरिप्रिया देवदेवी महालक्ष्मी च सुन्दरी ॥

shrIdevIhi amRutot bhUtA-kamalA-chandrashobhanA |
    viShNupatnI vaiShNavIcha varArohicha shAr~ggiNI |
    haripriyA devadevI mahAlakShmI cha sundarI ||

Goddess MahAlakShmI is shrIdevi--goddess of wealth;
    she is amRuot bhUta kamala--bestower of immortality, siting on a red lotus;
    she is viShNupatnI--ViShNu's consort, vaiShNavI--who worships ViShNu;
    she is varArohI--handsome and elegant woman;
    she is shArnggiNI, consort of shrIdhara;
    she is haripriyA--beloved of Hari, devadevI--goddess of the Devas;
    she is mahAlakShmI--the great LakShmI and sundarI--a beautiful woman.

Here is a suggestion on how to chant this mantra:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/pu...nsistency.html

• This is a mantra to chant to succeed in any and all efforts.

नमोस्तु रामाय सलक्ष्मणाय देव्यै च तस्यै जनकात्मजायै ।
    नमोस्तु रुद्रेन्द्र यमानिलेभ्यः नमोस्तु चन्द्रार्क मरुद्गनेभ्यः ॥ १३-६० ॥

namostu rAmAya salakShmaNAya devyai cha tasyai janakAtmajAyai |
    namostu rudrendra yamAnilebhyaH namostu chandrArka marudganebhyaH || 13-60 ||

I bow to RAmA who is with LakShmaNa, SitA devI, daughter of (king) Janaka;
    I bow to Rudra, Indra, VAyu, Chandran and SUrya.

Here is an audio recital of the mantra:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3cbJi3R3_Q

Found in the sundara kANDam of VAlmIki rAmAyaNam, this mantra was chanted by Hanuman when he was depressed, unable to find SItA anywhere as he flew over to SriLanka. As soon as he chants this mantra, he finds a route to the ashoka vanam, the grove of Ashoka trees where SItA was held captive by RAvaNa.

• Here is one more powerful invocation to God HanumAn:

असाध्यम् साधक स्वामिन् असाध्यम् तव किम् वद ।
    रामदूत कृपा-सिन्धो मत्कार्यम् साधय प्रभो ॥

asAdhyam sAdhaka svAmin asAdhyam tava kim vada |
    rAmadUta kRupA-sindho matkAryam sAdhaya prabho ||

asAdhyam sAdhaka svAmin--O Lord, you make impossible things possible,
    asAdhyam tava kim vada--so, what is impossible for you, tell me!
    rAmadUta kRupA-sindho--RAmA's messenger, and ocean of compassion,
    matkAryam sAdhaya prabho--make my task become possible, Lord!

All the best!
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Namaste DK,

Great advice and suggestions for mantras from the other members. Ganesha and Maa Lakshmi were the first two I thought I first as well; when I was seeking employment last year, I directed nearly all my prayers and mantras to Ganesha to remove obstacles. From my experience and hearing those of others, His response is generally very fast. Of course, as EM says, much of your success will also lie in your efforts to obtain the job. Tidy up your CV, maybe even add in a new skill by taking up some crash course in first aid, computers, etc.

Best of luck in the jobsearch!

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

8. Re: Job seeking

I too am in the process of getting a new job, or more to the point, in the serious interview process for the one I really want. I am currently employed but it is a toxic environment, not to mention I am paycheck to paycheck and tired of the negative energy and lack of respect for employees. I have been praying to Ganesh and saying the mantra Om Gum Ganayaptei Namaha. (I assume this is a spelling variation). I believe I am in close consideration, and eagerly waiting for the process to go through. Meantime, another place called me for an interview, so interesting-I am going to see what they might be in the order of things too. But the first is the ultimate match where I believe I will be of best use.

Thread Information