Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sri Krishna and Sri Ganesha Mantras

Re: Sri Krishna and Sri Ganesha Mantras

Quote Originally Posted by arjunah View Post
    Is there a special way to hold the mala so it does not touch the floor when I am sitting for japa?
    Vannakkam: There are several ways, and it may depend on the size of the mala. This link http://legacyofwisdom.blogspot.com/2...or-rosary.html shows one way in picture 4. It's basically just holding it higher in your hand.

You can also wrap it around your wrist, or hold it above your knees or legs so it just touches them and not the ground.

Hope this is of some help.

Aum Namasivaya

I loosely drape the other end around my left hand, holding the entire mala close to my chest. As it is "rotating", I adjust it so it stays at about chest level. Now that I think of it and seeing those pictures, I don't know if using the left hand is appropriate, though we hold the bell in the left hand for aarti.

OK, I read further and saw the part about cupping the left hand.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

I have been holding the mala in my left hand while in this asana. Both my hands rest on my knees. I never knew I was suppose to hold my hand up near my heart. It seems like that would be uncomfortable and would distract me but I will give it a try.

In the past I have tried to have the mala sit on my legs while in the above position instead of on the floor but it would never flow freely as i progressed and would end up distracting me.

Thanks for the replies. Holding the mala near my chest will most likely solve my issue.
    "The leprosy of unreality disfigured every human creature in attendance."
    - Charles Dickens

"Every blade of grass, every insect, ant, and golden bee, all so marvelously know their path, though they have not intelligence, they bear witness to the mystery of God and continually accomplish it themselves."
    - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Thread Information