Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you view this ?

How do you view this ?

Is it a kind of saying that all religions are same ?

Is it a way to decieve and lure people ?

Or is it in a way saying that Christianity is within SD ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJyWv...eature=related

Love and best wishes

Re: How do you view this ?

I view this as a measure to say "Look, Hinduism and Christianity are the SAME. So, why dont you idolators and pagans and polytheists convert to Christianity?". I am aware that there are some Christians out there who will stoop down to any level to partake of Hinduism because they are quite stunned by the philosophical heights of Hinduism.

This comes in various forms:

(a)Aryan Invasion Theory - You backward brown Indians could not have come up with something quite astounding as Hinduism on your own. We Aryans invaded your country around 1500 BC and educated you aboriginals.

(b)Thirukkural was inspired by the first Christian missionaries to land in Tamil Nadu.

(c)Vedas were foretold in the Bible or the Bible was foretold in the Vedas and some **** like that.

In short, Christianity/Islam in the West are dying a horrible death at the hands of atheism. Unable to give up their theism entirely, they are now resorting to underhand means of trying to rope in Hinduism into their faith to piggy back on the beauty of Hinduism.

Vannakkam: I took a look at some of the other videos on this guys channel. Very Christian indeed. So yes, its deceptive. Besides the extremely faulty message, using cute children to proseltyse is particularly disturbing. But at least most of the comments seemed anti.

Aum Namasivaya

Pranam

I see view this, in a nut shell, as dragging this beautiful Vedic Dharma, to the gutter.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

namaste everyone.

The Hindu Jagruti website initiates campaigns and protests against such belittling of Hindu Dharma. The website link is:
    http://www.hindujagruti.org/

I have sent the following email to the Website:

namaste.
    Kindly go through the following thread in the Hindu Dharma Forums and the related video, and initiate protest against such efforts through your esteemed Hindu website:
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=7976

Perhaps if many of us appeal to them, they might initiate a protest campaign. We may also protest to other such websites who keep vigil.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Pranam

I don't suppose they have heard the Vedic chant

Chidananda Rupa Shivoham Shivoham

I am that eternal knowing and bliss, all auspicious
    love and pure consciousness.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Hello Kallol,

It's basically taking Upanishadic verses and removing them from their context in order to present a view of Hinduism that conforms with Christian doctrine, presumably to convert people to Christianity. It's a typical example of quote mining, and i'm not even sure if some of the translations are accurate.

Anybody who spends a reasonable amount of time studying the Upanishads, as this person who made the video has clearly not, will know that Hinduism in no way is similar to Christianity or its horrible doctrines. This 'wolf in sheeps clothing' is very happy to pick and choose verses from the Brihadaranyaka which appear to prophecy the coming of Jesus, but he seems to very much ignore such texts as 'I am Brahman' and 'When all this has become the Self...' which directly contradict all Christian doctrines on the nature of God, man, and the world.

The best thing one can do when these snakes pervert Vedic texts for their own dishonest ways is to be educated on what the Hindu philosophy actually teaches, and to educate others as well. That way, nobody will be fooled or deceived by them. Most Christians are utterly incapable of understanding the subtle and profound truths propounded by the Upanishads, and if they had any real knowledge of the import of the texts, the very notion of non-dualism presented in the Brihadaranyaka, for example, would send them fleeing in terror and confusion with cries of 'heretic!'.

None of these texts are in any way compatible with the Christian worldview or philosophy, and if any Christian would tell you otherwise then I put it that he or she has simply not read the Vedic texts themselves or has completely failed to grasp their meaning. Either that, or they are simply trying to deceive you and 'win you over to Christ'. Don't fall for their tricks.

Vannakkam: Off topic, but an example of what Hindus need to do. Too bad the police just gave a warning. a bit of jail time would have been more appropriate. From what my friend the lawyer in Madurai told me, Indian jails aren't really a place one wants to be.

http://www.hindujagruti.org/news/12397.html

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by kallol View Post
    Is it a kind of saying that all religions are same ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJyWv...eature=related

Love and best wishes
    1. No, it's Christian proselytizing.
    2. Yes.
    3. No, it's a poor attempt to equate the two.
    Last edited by Jainarayan; 05 August 2011 at 11:26 AM.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Well, considering the title includes The Way, The Truth, and The Life, as in (Jesus said I am __________________________), as a previous "Christian", I certainly have heard that verse, and anyone who resides near certain churches will see that verse on signs, or see it posted on independent signs along the road, as well as numerous others. A couple hours from me is also a mini "Bible Belt" kind of area, so there you will really see it. But there are plenty of fundamentalist Christian churches in my immediate area, so I am surrounded by it anyway.
    So yeah-this is clearly proselytizing, just in not as mean or mocking a package as some. Some of those signs I spoke of that I see are to inspire fear-Repent, judgment, and the like. Nasty stuff. If they are so concerned for people's souls, then why are they not in sheer agony, in tears, desperately asking and pleading to everyone to convert? Instead, I can recall one guy saying to me haughtily "I know where I'M going." No thank you. I don't believe in a God that would allow such torment.

Thread Information