Thread: Tai Chi and Hinduism

Tai Chi and Hinduism

I'm thinking of trying Tai Chi is there some fundamental contradiction between the two?

Re: Tai Chi and Hinduism

Namaste,

I am not expert on either but Tai Chi is a form of exercise that comes from the Taoist tradition. The practice of Tai Chi uses breath, body awareness, and posture. It will not contradict anything within Sanatana Dharma. It is not teaching you a new belief, doctrine, or concept. It is just mindful movements to balance out internal energy and be in harmony with external. It is said that it was the Hindus who brought knowledge of energy balance to the Chinese. Either way both have developed a great system for cultivating energy and living a healthy life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I'm thinking of trying Tai Chi is there some fundamental contradiction between the two?
    Yes, I also think it is one of most healthy (not just physically), intuitive and least dogmatic systems available to humanity. Go for it - if you can actually learn and practice it.

I also want to go deep into it along with hatha yoga and compliment with more ritualistic aspects from hinduism. But I don't know where to get help (and find time ) from where I am.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Namaste,

Tai Chi appears to be a very beneficial way to exercise. Many areas in North America with higher concentrations of orientals have daily morning sessions in their club houses or parks. Senior citizens tend to enjoy it the most as Tai Chi movements are slow and simple.

Pranam.

T'ai chi ch'uan or tàijíquán, often shortened to t'ai chi, taiji or tai chi in English usage, is an internal Chinese martial art practised for both its defense training and its health benefits. It is also typically practised for a variety of other personal reasons: its hard and soft martial art technique, demonstration competitions, and longevity. As a result, a multitude of training forms exist, both traditional and modern, which correspond to those aims. Some of t'ai chi ch'uan's training forms are especially known for being practiced with relatively slow movement.

Thread Information