Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rudraksha mala

Rudraksha mala

I just placed my order for my puja items (brass thali, bowls, kalash, panchapatra and pali, hand bell, diya). I can't wait for them.

But because it was from Rudra Centre, as a free gift for the amount I spent (all that for just $40), I was entitled to a rudraksha mala. I already have a mala of unknown wooden beads.

Though Sri Krishna is my Ishtadeva and I do japa to Him, I see all deities as manifestations of One God. Would it be OK to use the rudraksha mala to do japa to Sri Krishna? Or should I do something else with the rudraksha mala, like give it to someone, or just keep it as another holy item?
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Re: Rudraksha mala

Hari Om!

Many won't like this answer, but being a Saivite myself, I've always been told to see all the other gods as manifestations of Lord Shiva. I go into a Krishna temple and I see Shiva, etc. So rudraksha, my personal opinion is yes, but I'm certain that I stand to be corrected by more learned members.

By the way, I've always had success with the vendor you chose. I think that you will be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by c.smith View Post
    Hari Om!

Many won't like this answer, but being a Saivite myself, I've always been told to see all the other gods as manifestations of Lord Shiva. I go into a Krishna temple and I see Shiva, etc. So rudraksha, my personal opinion is yes, but I'm certain that I stand to be corrected by more learned members.
    True, some may agree with you and some may not. I'm approaching its use cautiously, hence my question. If there is a really profound reason to not use it, it will be good to learn something.

By the way, I've always had success with the vendor you chose. I think that you will be pleased.
    Excellent. I was really pleased with the selection of puja items. I found exactly what I was looking for, what I couldn't find on Indian Gifts Portal or the Krishna Store.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Namaste everyone,

I have a question about wearing a Rudraksha, not a Rudraksha mala, but a Rudraksha pendant.

What should you do when someone have touched your Rudraksha?

<~Jai Mata Di~>

Namaste,

I am looking for a rudraksha mala, but I see so many varieties - even for the simplest kind. Could someone kindly advise me?

http://www.rudracentre.com/Search/Ru...ular-/1/9/28/1

Thank you

Vannakkam: If its for japa, and not to wear, select one with spacers between the beads. I find they are easier to push over the finger.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste EM, So, the traditional knotted kind is an example of one with spacers? Or do you mean specifically with smaller beads in between?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: If its for japa, and not to wear, select one with spacers between the beads. I find they are easier to push over the finger.

Aum Namasivaya

Vannakkam: Yes.

I do have a favorite purchase place though, because I've been to the trees they come from. They are more expensive, but I absolutely trust the authenticity, have watched the seeds being drilled, strung, washed, etc.

It's difficult from on-line, because you can't tell how it 'feels' both to the fingers, and to the soul.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste again EM,

That makes sense, to pick them out in person. Turns out a friend of mine in India picked some out for me at a temple. We'll see how they are. Of course, if one has never held some that 'feel right' I suppose one is as good as the next.

I do like my Buddhist mala. My teacher says he thinks it's tulasi, but it was advertised as sandalwood. I'm giving them away, though. My sister admired them so I think it's best to let them go to her. :-)

Thank you for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: Yes.

I do have a favorite purchase place though, because I've been to the trees they come from. They are more expensive, but I absolutely trust the authenticity, have watched the seeds being drilled, strung, washed, etc.

It's difficult from on-line, because you can't tell how it 'feels' both to the fingers, and to the soul.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste Amala,

Of course if you have some Rudraksha on the way already this will be of little relevance, none the less a good addition to the thread.

I used this website to purchase my mAlA, they were a little abrupt when I transmitted the specification given by my diksha guru and didn't really come through with the goods I was none the less able to adapt the order to my needs, which has worked out fine.

You can chose the headbead from a selection, it arrived packaged well; all authentic.

These people could be good for a comparison. Their internet purchasing protocol felt very safe.

Rudraksha blessings.

praNAma

mana
    Last edited by Mana; 22 April 2012 at 12:16 PM.

Thread Information