Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: taken to the absolute extreme

Hybrid View

taken to the absolute extreme

Vannakkam: I found this http://www.amazon.com/Emergence-Hind...346234&sr=8-11
    today. And then some people wonder why we think these guys are nuts. I see not many have sold. I try not to post in the Abrahamic thread, but this one was just so very laughable. Maybe I should have put it in the jokes section.

Aum Namasivaya

Re: taken to the absolute extreme

Namaste EM,

Christianity older than Hinduism? Christianity the origin of Sanatana Dharma? Haha. Good one! Yes, you should have posted this in the jokes thread, EM. I just can't take this seriously at all; it's quite hilarious. Even the title of Prof. Ninan's book seems a bit... to the point, doesn't it? Suspiciously to the point. It doesn't even sound academic in the slightest. Here's a snippet of the product's description, perhaps by the writer himself:

This book make several claims which seem outrageous. But they are all based on sound verifiable facts of history, archealogy, architecture, linguistics and clear written documentations. These conclusions are inevitable results of the evidences.
    Morbid curiosity compels me to read this one, just to find out what kind of "veritable facts" this guy is talking about. I'm sure it'll be good for a barrel of laughs, if nothing else.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Namast,

There is lightning on the cover. Why, why, whyyyyyy is there lightning on the cover...

The book's topic is rotten but isn't entirely a surprise. The "pure" Abrahamic faith depends upon a manipulation and/or dismissal of historical facts - hence the perspective that the Earth and man are only some several thousand years old.

It saddens me that the author is a theoretical physics professor and an Indian in Kerala. That, and his list of published books and teaching venues, might give an air of respectability to those wretched ideas. :/

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Ludicrous to think, for example, that the RC Church issued a formal apology to Galileo Galilei in 1992 - 350 years after he was faced with the Roman Inquisition for committing an act of "heresy".

And I just realised the picture of the fork of lightning on the cover. A bit tacky and ironic, considering the book's content.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Vannakkam:

" May that lightning bolt smite all thee heathens. Such impact. What a powerful image! ... The lightning bolt ... ooooh ... so scary! The time has come for all of us to be shown the truth! The truth, I say! May I offer you a testament! Did you know that Hinduism is just another offshoot of Christianity? How do I know. St. Thomas of Sarcasm, that holy city on the island at the midpoint between Jerusalem and Kerala, told me so in a mighty vision of lightning.

Dd you know that Sabarimala is a direct copy of the ancient city of Jerusalem? Yes its true. Other than the banana trees replacing the olive trees, it is so true. I've witnessed it myself. "

Oh, the irony.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Indraneela View Post
    It saddens me that the author is a theoretical physics professor and an Indian in Kerala.
    the kerala state is different, the christian population in there is nearly 30%.
    Last edited by sankar; 17 August 2011 at 10:49 PM.

It saddens me that the author is a theoretical physics professor and an Indian in Kerala. That, and his list of published books and teaching venues, might give an air of respectability to those wretched ideas. :/
    Actually that part makes me happy. We astronomers are usually derided by the physicists in combined physics and astronomy departments, indeed we are thought of as the lesser scientists. Glad to see that the physicists aren't immune to gross inaccuracy.

Namaste all,

Fortunately most people will see this book for what it is: garbage. But no doubt missionaries have already added it to their "toolkit".

I agree, especially the fact that he is Indian will give him even more respectability in some circles. People will think, "Oh this guy is Indian. So he must actually know about Hinduism and he saw how it arose out of Christianity."

Jai Sri Ram
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Guys,

Please look up the Heliodorus pillar.
    It was erected by a Greek traveler who converted to Vaishnavism around 100 BC, proving that Hinduism is older than Christianity.

10. Re: taken to the absolute extreme

That book is only for Hindu haters like him, I am not satisfied by post from Kallol there. Jesuist Missionaries has called everyone as Christian who allowed them freedom of worship.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Thread Information