Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: taken to the absolute extreme

Re: taken to the absolute extreme

The author may be from India, but was in fact raised in a Christian family, so it's IMHO, part of the usual indoctrination, as well as the author's family supposedly from one of four families of which St. Thomas entrusted the Gospel. So-doesn't surprise me. People are entitled to their beliefs. I just take exception when it hits at another belief system in a mocking or judgmental stance. I can't judge this author's intent without reading the book, and I wouldn't want to pay for it, but if I'm so inclined, I actually appreciate the link to the PDF. I do however, have to remind myself to watch my own resentments, so I get too the point charitra is making. So I don't have to be a "born" Hindu to be quick to get annoyed at anti-Hindu rants, but at the same time, my own disillusionment with Christianity is something I have to monitor, but one thing I would never do is troll a dedicated Christianity ONLY forum (like a Christianity counterpart to HDF). On HDF, it is my assumption that members are Hindu/ascribe to Vedic-SD philosophies, or seeking to explore if it is a path for them. So when I talk about Christianity with resentment, I hope people here understand, as my opinions come from a HUGE perspective of my own personal disappointments and personal accounts of cruelty seen and experienced. But I know that dwelling on it also anchors me to that negativity, so it is yet another task to achieve-to let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: I found this http://www.amazon.com/Emergence-Hind...346234&sr=8-11
    today. And then some people wonder why we think these guys are nuts. I see not many have sold. I try not to post in the Abrahamic thread, but this one was just so very laughable. Maybe I should have put it in the jokes section.

Aum Namasivaya
    Claim from the book: Hinduism didn't exist prior to 2nd century a.d.? Now that's a stretch. I didn't go past the first claim they listed...no need to waste the time or money on such nonsense.

Vannakkam Ben Bet Beh: But (too many three letter words staring with B, from now on you're BBB, at least one of my favorite musicians was BB) at least perhaps it gives you a better idea at the frustration of some Hindus. This is what we deal with occasionally.

Its tricky some days for intelligent people to deal with those less fortunate in the brains realm, in many facets of life. At least in this case its easy to ignore.

Aum Namasivaya
    Last edited by Eastern Mind; 17 August 2011 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Indraneela View Post
    It saddens me that the author is a theoretical physics professor and an Indian in Kerala.
    the kerala state is different, the christian population in there is nearly 30%.
    Last edited by sankar; 17 August 2011 at 10:49 PM.

It saddens me that the author is a theoretical physics professor and an Indian in Kerala. That, and his list of published books and teaching venues, might give an air of respectability to those wretched ideas. :/
    Actually that part makes me happy. We astronomers are usually derided by the physicists in combined physics and astronomy departments, indeed we are thought of as the lesser scientists. Glad to see that the physicists aren't immune to gross inaccuracy.

Namaste all,

Fortunately most people will see this book for what it is: garbage. But no doubt missionaries have already added it to their "toolkit".

It saddens me that the author is a theoretical physics professor and an Indian in Kerala. That, and his list of published books and teaching venues, might give an air of respectability to those wretched ideas. :/
    I agree, especially the fact that he is Indian will give him even more respectability in some circles. People will think, "Oh this guy is Indian. So he must actually know about Hinduism and he saw how it arose out of Christianity."

Jai Sri Ram
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Guys,

Please look up the Heliodorus pillar.
    It was erected by a Greek traveler who converted to Vaishnavism around 100 BC, proving that Hinduism is older than Christianity.

8. Re: taken to the absolute extreme

That book is only for Hindu haters like him, I am not satisfied by post from Kallol there. Jesuist Missionaries has called everyone as Christian who allowed them freedom of worship.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Thread Information