Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we have warning system ?

Can we have warning system ?

May be we can decide on the parameters based on the objective of this forum.

Some might be :

1. Promotion of western religion which are obvious.

2. Abusive languages, name calling, etc

3. More discussion threads on non SD related topics - making the objective hazy

4. ....

May be a 3 level warning system (normal) or 2 levels (hard cases) would be appropriate.

Really speaking now a days I do not find many topics to deliberate on from knowledge perspective (Uttara was created for that). I took a long leave because of same reason.

May be some de-weeding is required and some structural changes are required to bring back the objective in focus.

Love and best wishes

Re: Can we have warning system ?

Personally, I'd like to have the ability to put certain forums on block, much the way you can put users on ignore. Some forum software can handle that, I don't know if vBulletin can. My gut tells me "no".

The feature would be particularly useful for when you click on New Posts, as I think many people do, as I do. If I didn't want to see the Jalpa or Abrahamic forum, I'd have them blocked in my profile.

Weeding out puts a heavy burden on satay and other moderators.

An easier way imo is to just don't open any thread under one of the offending forums. It takes a bit of discipline, but so does achieving moksha. And we're trying our damnedest for that, aren't we?
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Quote Originally Posted by TouchedbytheLord View Post
    Personally, I'd like to have the ability to put certain forums on block, much the way you can put users on ignore. Some forum software can handle that, I don't know if vBulletin can. My gut tells me "no".

The feature would be particularly useful for when you click on New Posts, as I think many people do, as I do. If I didn't want to see the Jalpa or Abrahamic forum, I'd have them blocked in my profile.

Weeding out puts a heavy burden on satay and other moderators.

An easier way imo is to just don't open any thread under one of the offending forums. It takes a bit of discipline, but so does achieving moksha. And we're trying our damnedest for that, aren't we?
    That is NOT the solution. The idea of HDF is for us to move together as a community. It is after painful searching/weeding through trash on the web that many of us arrived at HDF. Now you suggest that some weeds may grow within HDF but we ought to pick and choose what we want.

Hinduism has had a difficult past with Abrahamics. You [probably being a Caucasian ex-Christian] will NEVER be able to understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
    That is NOT the solution. The idea of HDF is for us to move together as a community.
    Sounds great, but how would you propose to do that? The current method of name-calling seems to be defeating the purpose.

Hinduism has had a difficult past with Abrahamics. You [probably being a Caucasian ex-Christian] will NEVER be able to understand this.
    Oh, you don't know what I understand and don't understand, and never will, and don't ever presume to think you can or will. I've forgotten more prejudice, misery and tears than you've [probably] ever known or will know. I've got a 33 year headstart on you, m'friend.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Quote Originally Posted by TouchedbytheLord View Post
    Sounds great, but how would you propose to do that? The current method of name-calling seems to be defeating the purpose.

Oh, you don't know what I understand and don't understand, and never will, and don't ever presume to think you can or will. I've forgotten more prejudice, misery and tears than you've [probably] ever known or will know. I've got a 33 year headstart on you, m'friend.
    I bow out of here repeating that non-Indian Hindus [many, not all] are CLUELESS ABOUT HOW MUCH OF A DIFFICULT PAST HINDUISM HAS HAD/CONTINUES TO HAVE WITH ABRAHAMICS.

You may be elder to me but I will call out hogwash for what it is when I see it.

\thread

- Just use this button guys.

I bow out of here repeating that non-Indian Hindus [many, not all] are CLUELESS ABOUT HOW MUCH OF A DIFFICULT PAST HINDUISM HAS HAD/CONTINUES TO HAVE WITH ABRAHAMICS.

You may be elder to me but I will call out hogwash for what it is when I see it.

\thread
    Certainly not all of us indeed.

I still contend that Abrahamic religion is the single most destructive ideology in the history of the planet...not just to Hindus, but to all of Humanity in general.

Quote Originally Posted by BryonMorrigan View Post
    Certainly not all of us indeed.

I still contend that Abrahamic religion is the single most destructive ideology in the history of the planet...not just to Hindus, but to all of Humanity in general.
    But I also contend that it is also a inbuilt part of humanity and our design. Something in us will always keep large part of the population from clinging to superstition and refuse to accept freedom, which may be a primal insecurity in our make-up and cannot be simply be get rid off from our DNA. Religion in general and Abrahamic ones in particular just hold humanity hostage to one of its own weakness.

But it is true Abrahamic religion is a most difficult and destructive manifestation of this strain, in the history of humanity.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

It is after painful searching/weeding through trash on the web that many of us arrived at HDF.
    With all due respect... you can say THAT again, lol!
    How can I put this in a sentence? Try next time.

I am sorry to note that TatTvamasi and Sahasranama have incurred on themselves a ban once again. In the wake of increasing number of western Hindus joining HDF, the traditional members, specially the native Hindus, have a concern to give them proper guidance, preserving the Hindu tradition and the allegiance to our land of sacred BhArat. Both TTA and Sahasranama were more vehement in voicing the traditional aspects of Hindu Dharma than most of us, and in this respect we will miss them. Hope things would become normal in due course and they would be back again, with a resolve to restrain expression of their anger and concern in objectionable language, which has been the cause of their getting banned.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Thread Information