Thread: Isha Foundation

Isha Foundation

Does anyone know anything about them? They're holding a talk in my city on the 8th of October and I'd like to know a bit more about them before buying a ticket.

Re: Isha Foundation

Namaste,
    Divine Kala, with all due respect for anyone who offers different opinion, I would stay as far away from this as possible. So very far away.
    Peace to you Divine Kala.
    FFTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Friend from the West View Post
    Namaste,
    Divine Kala, with all due respect for anyone who offers different opinion, I would stay as far away from this as possible. So very far away.
    Peace to you Divine Kala.
    FFTW.
    Vannakakm FFTW: Why did you say this. You must have read something I didn't find in a quick browse. Can you elaborate with a link or something?

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste, EM, I offered my opinion only based on about fifteen minutes of research. Do not want to condemn anyone or the organization just a bad feel.
    Appears, even going by founder's version, his wife passed over under most curious of circumstances. Considered for murder.
    Makes some claims that think are not alingned with SD in my opinion
    Uses only volunteers charges $
    creates dependency
    souls are getting something from external source
    seems to have one size fits all approach to "enlightenment." etc...

If you have interest EM, let me know and when I get home this evening I can pull up what I found. I book marked them and could send them to you.

Peace.
    FFTW

Quote Originally Posted by Friend from the West View Post
    Namaste, EM, I offered my opinion only based on about fifteen minutes of research. Do not want to condemn anyone or the organization just a bad feel.
    Appears, even going by founder's version, his wife passed over under most curious of circumstances. Considered for murder.
    Makes some claims that think are not alingned with SD in my opinion
    Uses only volunteers charges $
    creates dependency
    souls are getting something from external source
    seems to have one size fits all approach to "enlightenment." etc...

If you have interest EM, let me know and when I get home this evening I can pull up what I found. I book marked them and could send them to you.

Peace.
    FFTW
    Vannakkam FFTW: No interest beyond this. I guess I didn't browse long enough. But thanks anyway.

Aum Namasivaya

Hari Om!

I would have to agree that those who charge, especially a large fee, to attend satsang are beyond my comprehension. This extends beyond Isha. I have however read some of his books and found some of the material useful and enlightening though listening to some of his discourses leaves me to wonder once again in just which direction he is going. His website would give one a better understanding to whet the appetite before committing a large sum of money to a cause that may or may not be beneficial to your chosen path. Please do some research of your own DK since the event is some time away. Maybe it's for you, perhaps not.

Om Namah Sivaya!
    Jai Hanuman!

I would like to give up the habit of commenting on Hindu godmen, but this won't I believe spark too much controversy as sadhguru jaggi vasudev doesn't identify with Hinduism at all - though he has a dhyana linga temple.

I have followed him youtube, blogs, experience of his followers etc for sometime out of curosity. I used to find him as a bit of an eningma, but as time goes by, the business mindedness may be taking that away from him.

Somehow I believe he had a very genuine and massive experience, and clearly he is a very intelligent person, much more than most religious personalities I have heard.

But the points raised are equally valid and the shishyas of a guru are good pointers of the guru, in my opinion.

I believe for a genuine guru, most shishyas around him will have nothing spiritual about them. Perhaves they will be infact more of the dishonest elements of the society.This is because true decipleship requires a kind of surrender that most people can't give, and hence guru can't share. Most who sarround a genuine guru personality are there for some profit. However if there is a genuine shishya a genuine guru can surely take him beyond in a life, perhaves. But for most of us he can't do anything, although he may give all he has - it may help some of us, but nothing explosive.

So when I see people in thousands or millions claiming to have massive spiritual experiences, or have become aware of themselves and their life etc ... I know it is a case of mass delusion and histeria. In case of Isha, this seems to be exactly the case. It seems all people who come out of their costly programs are enlightened or nearly so. Surely they believe they have achived something great suddenly.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Namasté sm78,

Is not mAyA her self a mass delusion? To be pulled from one illusion into an other, maybe the experience of the change in state is that which is sought; the delusion being just a side effect of the vehicle.

I am not commenting on the philosophy's of said Guru. I am reacting to what I feel as a distrust in humanity in your words. Maybe the forming of Dharma through social interaction is not about either the self or jiva at all, pertaining purely to the atman, purusha, and karma?

The Guru does nothing but point, a mentor; it is for the disciple to look and see. Unlike more "formal" forms of education; A SatGuru does not try to incite mimicry.

Human nature has evolved from this not to it. This functioning is how humans learn within unified conciousness.

Pranam

Mana

I find this case especially interesting because of the nuts and bolts of it.

It shows how much faith, bravery, belief and outright audacity have to do with our movement forward.

What if you were told you would become enlightened at the end of this and you truly believed this with all your being? I think it could be enough to shove you over the side to Self.

Though, how many would have such total faith? I am not sure.

Surely, if you were told this and came with an open heart to the experience...and this man is such a Portion that he is knowing this Self so fully as to bring you along with Him. Then I say it is possible.

But I will say this. Ones who leap over the side without sadhana and other such things could find it vastly more difficult to maintain such a state once they come home and then the bills must be paid...and the child is teething. I think many who have experienced this could then begin to doubt and perhaps even become frightened enough to speak ill of the experience as it was just a fleeting glimse of that Truth?

It's a portion of the inner workings of this realm I believe...this bravery. It's very important.

Thread Information