Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Were our ancient civilizations more sophisticated than our

Re: Were our ancient civilizations more sophisticated than our

Namasté smaranam

Interesting derivation regarding Air, which has so many different translations, not surprising given the importance of sound vibration.

Could these passages which speek of "airships" be translated in a different light? A battle between two peoples. one with speech one with out? Speech and words, there effects on karma; must have been quite startling to one who has never seen such telepathic organisation.

Is Saubha pronounced in a similar fashion to śabda?

Word has power, light, noise; to the uninitiated it must be quite startling. The unifying concious leap would be enormous.

Just musing; I must read more. Thank you for the pointer smaranam.

Pranam

Mana

Namaste Mana

'Saubha' would be pronounced as s (as in sound, not sh), 'u' as in undo, U as in boot and bha.

s a oo bha.

I think, we need not focus only on technology, there is the math with advanced theorems and concepts, Vedic astronomy and astrology, genetic science and engineering, architecture science and so many advanced sciences, not to mention the knowledge of adhyAtma, Universe creation, ecology and accurate knowledge of 84 crore species coming straight from Parameshwar, BhagvAn.

The difference is, "they" (our ancients) were more advanced because they had faith in and Love for BhagvAn, and BhagvAn supplied them with knowledge. VyAsdev is in fact the literary incarnation of BhagvAn VishNu.
    Today's research only gets silent help from ParamAtmA within the scientist's heart, if they are open to that grace. However, many of them think they are the doers. THAT is the difference.

The Shalva story and similar episodes are dissected all over the internet by well meaning people, comparing them to UFOs and virtual reality but sometimes they confuse hi-tech prakruti for Purusha. THAT is dangerous. Some of those web pages think BhagvAn Shri VishNu's Sudarshan chakra is some high tech weapon ! See what i mean by confusing Purusha and prakruti ?

That is what Sanjay is pointing at, although what stares us in the face is all the ancient advanced sciences in the fields listed above.

Further, how can we be more advanced in philosophy than the ancients ? We would be nowhere in adhyAtma and tattvadnyAn had it not been for Vedic shruti and smruti.

What about genetic engineering ? Are Draupadi and the 100 kauravs examples of genetic engineering ? Or are they examples of daivi prabhA and Yog only ? I do not know and speculation is not my area. I am out of this thread.

praNAm
    Last edited by smaranam; 06 September 2011 at 12:38 PM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thank you smaranam,

adhyAtma is my word of the day! I must look at the derivation and roots.

I would say that we have been genetic engineering since the day we stopped roaming and settled; domesticating both plants and animals, neither the plants nor the animals have been the same ever since.

I hear what you are saying about confusion over prakRti and puruSa; is this not the very nature of knowledge that is
    adhyAtma?

Pranam

Mana

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    I hear what you are saying about confusion over prakRti and puruSa; is this not the very nature of knowledge that is adhyAtma?

Pranam

Mana
    Good point, Mana. I think you have made several good points on this thread.

praNAm
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information