Thread: Jupiter and Mercury

Jupiter and Mercury

Namasté yavan, all

I address you yavan with this question as you seem to me to be a guiding light on these matters.

My thoughts have lead me to wonder as to the connection between these two planets. I have recently become aware that they may be linked in jyotish via the sounds Tha and Dha. Quite fascinating in its self. Can you enlighten me as to the origins of these connections. I am aware that the massive Jupiter pulls upon Mercury in her orbit.

Jupiter and Mercury

How is this understood in scripture, by the wise? It would appear, by very limited deduction; that Jupiter would have an even greater effect on earth.

Is there reason to my logic?

Thank you kindly.

praNAms

mana

Re: Jupiter and Mercury

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Note that most think that jyotish works by gravity. This is not the whole or even limited story on the matter. This post may assist you...
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...ghlight=tattva

I will talk of mercury and jupiter, their sounds, relationship, as time permits.

praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namasté yajvan,

Thank you so much for both your time, and your wisdom.
    I await with avid interest to hear more of this subject.

praNAms

mana

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

mana mentions the following:
    It would appear, by very limited deduction; that Jupiter would have an even greater effect on earth. Is there reason to my logic?
    Jupiter is also called guru and is a most appropriate name. The word guru we know means the spiritual teacher yet it also means great , large , heavy. We know guru ( jupiter) to be this planet.

Yet from a tattva ownership point of view ( each planet owns or maintains a tattva&#185 guru owns ākāśa (pure space). Without space what can exist? This is the importance of this tattva and of guru. So , Jupiter's greatest effect on 'earth' is providing earth tattva ( pṛthvī some spell prithvī) a place/space to exist.
    Who owns pṛthvī tattva ? Mercury , we call budha. Mercury is also the descendant of soma and called saumya , saumāyana,
    yet does not fit into this story as yet.

The connection to each is also in their character/ability/ indications:
    • Guru (or bṛhaspati as he is also known) owns, indicates, some call ~rules~ family, wealth matters, expansion,
      children, guru-teachers, religion, fortune, elder brothers. He is the kāraka¹ of the 2nd , 5th, 9th, and 11th houses.
      Guru owns the North-East direction.
    • Compare this with Budha (mercury) who owns or indicates speech, learning, memory, credits, honors, friends,
      business, adeptness, mathematics. He is the kāraka¹ 2nd, 4th, 5th, 10th and 11th houses and owner of the North direction.
    See the connection ?

Now what of this ḍa ड or da द ? What of ta त and ṭa ट or tha थ ? More on this later.

praṇām
    • tattva - in this conversation we're taking of the 5 mahā-bhūta-s : earth, water, fire, air and either/space.
    • kāraka - ntending to act or do ; instrumental in bringing about an action
    Last edited by yajvan; 13 September 2011 at 10:04 PM.
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Namasté yajvan

Quite fascinating, thank you so much yajvan; the connection would seem to me to somewhat reflective of inner to outer existence.

guru giving space to budha, but also budha giving guru a limit? Space with no bounds is, after all is considered; nothing.

Am I getting the picture?

Thank you kindly.

praNAma

mana

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté mana

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Namasté yajvan

Quite fascinating, thank you so much yajvan; the connection would seem to me to somewhat reflective of inner to outer existence.

guru giving space to budha, but also budha giving guru a limit? Space with no bounds is, after all is considered; nothing.

Am I getting the picture?
    Space with no bounds is considered the infinite and a perfect example of brahman. It is often that
    brahman and ākāśa are aligned in the
    upaniad-s.
    Yet for creation to come into being there are boundries - this is the essence of māyā. The word is rooted in mā meaning 'to measure'. Creation is measured out ( within boundries) of the infinite. It is 'as if' the Supreme infinite brahman is limited or measured out to a boundry condition, but in essence it is not.

Now when you say 'nothing' this is true when you look at the word as no-thing. It is no one thing, it is not finite.

praṇām

yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Namasté yajvan,

How interesting that brahman and ākāśa are aligned. ākāśa makes one think of the vacuum, which is seen by science today as being a seething froth of activity; as particles and anti particles, bubble in to and out of existence. Almost as if the dimension that they lack is time.
    Quite, when I say nothing, I refer to infinity out side of the group that are finite in that they are infinitely bound. Wow some very heavy maths there, Group theory and limits.

I have just read a paper correlating our suns sunspot activity to the orbit of Jupiter, could the enormous electromagnetic field be affecting the light that we receive? Interestingly this guy has tied Jupiter cycle down to a 105 year basic cycle for the sunspot activity. That is a small cycle within larger cycle, A short wavelength on a longer wavelength; there are surly harmonics. I would imagine that any cycle such as this, over a very long period of time would be oscillating or wavering also, one can't help but wonder if it wouldn't turn about 108; I am obviously wishing this into existence. He is, from reading his annotation at the bottom of his paper, is unaware of the effect of Karma in any cycle involving our electronic activity on this planet.

Interesting times these in which we live.

This sight is great fun; I have no idea as to its accuracy, or if it is any use in the study of jyotish. It is however, rather well made.

Sorry for the Tangent, please do continue yajvan.

praNAma

mana
    Last edited by Mana; 15 September 2011 at 01:53 AM.

Thread Information