Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hitler vs. Ganesha: A "Rambunctious" Play

Re: Hitler vs. Ganesha: A "Rambunctious" Play

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    There is no question of individual liberty, artistic expressions, etc. involved in such acts of vandalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by TatTvamAsi View Post
    Instead, we have boot-licking Hindus here shouting down others whose sensibilities have been affected. Instead of finding courage to admonish the offenders, spineless morons think they will curry favor with white-sahibs if they shout louder.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    Does the Supreme become offended ?
    I believe the question here is not one of the Supreme becoming offended, but of the vighan created in the sadhna of His devotees. Just a thought!

Pranam.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté saidevo,

namaste Yajvan.

It is easy to look at it all in an esoteric, spiritual way, but we do not live in an all-spiritual world,
    Yes, I see what you say, yet these are my eyes and how I view the world. This is also how I have been taught. For me, I see it as very practical. What is not normal ( as I see it) is living day-in-and-day-out not pursuing a higher level of existence - Being. It is practical because as one becomes more infused with Being, then one abides within the laws of nature that is managed by this Intelligence that permeates creation. Very practical. Work is still done, accomplishments happen, yet one is uplifted and supported by that Creative Impulse that resides everywhere. This I see as normal.

You mention mokṣa is not in our hands. To this I say yes-and-no. It is in our hands to prepare and create the proper soil conditions for the seed to grow. If we do nothing, nothing occurs. A seed and soil is still needed for the harvest to come.

praām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namasé saidevo,

I sincerely hope that my post has not caused you any bother or offence, The post which you highlight here is, superb, most enlightening. I am on a voyage of discovery; please forgive me my impertinence.

There is so much for me to learn.

Thank you.

praNAma

mana
    Last edited by Mana; 27 September 2011 at 12:24 PM.

namaste Mana.

You have done not done anything impertinent. A healthy doubt is always a welcome sign, so long us it can find out what lies on both sides. Once we do look into both sides, it is our personal conviction thereafter. The history of Hindu Dharma lies hidden more in its ancient texts of shruti and smRti--Veda texts and ItihAsa-puranas than in any surface level Indology researches. The problem for us is that we are not literate enough in Sanskrit to read and understand the original texts, origian commentaries and research the truth. We learn faster when we have faith in the hoary antiquity of our dharma, gods, symbolism and all other related things. Where we Hindus are not spiritually perfect, we are aware of the limitations and work them out for the general benefit of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    I sincerely hope that my post has not caused you any bother or offence, The post which you highlight here is, superb, most enlightening. I am on a voyage of discovery; ... There is so much for me to learn.
    Last edited by saidevo; 27 September 2011 at 12:53 PM.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

namaste Yajvan.

This is in response to your post #23. It was never my intention to find any kind of fault with you. I respect your knowledge and spiritual accomplishments and your fortune to have the guidance of a renowned guru. We will always need your advice, just as we needed Atanu's unique Advaitic view of men and matters.

We the native Hindus living in India unfortunately do not have the time to lead our lives in peaceful spiritual pursuits of mokSha, when we are surrounded by aggression against our Hindu Dharma and culture, from the missionaries, terrorists, politicians, intellectuals, media and other vested interests who seek to divide us and destroy our tradition and culture.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namast

It all boils down to naya as I view it. What is this naya ?
    It is conduct and behavior. Naya is considered a son of of dharma and kriyā. That is, proper and uplifting virtue and proper action.

praām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste,

We the native Hindus living in India unfortunately do not have the time to lead our lives in peaceful spiritual pursuits of mokSha, when we are surrounded by aggression against our Hindu Dharma and culture, from the missionaries, terrorists, politicians, intellectuals, media and other vested interests who seek to divide us and destroy our tradition and culture.
    Excellent summary of idealism Vs. pragmatism. People leading peaceful lives away from the sacred dharmic battleground are bound to have a different perspective of the situation through no fault of their own. The eye of the beholder may at times miss the different shades of gray and classify the view as black and white.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by TatTvamAsi View Post
    My feelings can easily be surmised; I object to it because Australia is a fundamentalist christian country; they have repeatedly and overtly denigrated India and Hinduism over the years. A popular radio-host recently called the Ganga a "junkyard" and India some names I cannot repeat on this forum. He merely got a slap on his wrist for what he said.
    Fundamentalist Christian country? Really? As an Australian I have to raise an objection. I don't know anyone who regularly attends church and if I do they are typical Australians - quiet about their religious viewt

Do not call Australia fundamentalist because one or two people leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Kala View Post
    Fundamentalist Christian country? Really? As an Australian I have to raise an objection. I don't know anyone who regularly attends church and if I do they are typical Australians - quiet about their religious viewt

Do not call Australia fundamentalist because one or two people leave a bad taste in your mouth.
    I thought the same without actually being there. Maybe TTA was mainly thinking of Graham Staines.

However I don't like Australian froreign policy and how they are always trying to apease China and Islamic nations.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

TTA, you need some pranayama. Ida, pingala, ida, pingala...

Thread Information