Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed of light...

Speed of light...

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

This occurred a few days ago that the speed limit of the universe was exceeded. That is, within a lab environment & experiment, subatomic particles travelling faster than the speed of light occurred.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...sts-claim.html

With this result, there are many that are checking and re-checking the data, method, observations and execution of the experiment and looking for the ~faults~.

Now we have been told one cannot exceed the speed of light. As I understand it, the energy used to accelerate a particle ( or object) is converted into matter thus requiring more energy to move the object ( hence my limited understanding). Yet something that can travel faster then light is our mind's ability to take one's awareness across the solar system in a blink of a thought, beyond the speed of light.

praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 27 September 2011 at 02:22 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Re: Speed of light...

Namast yajvan

Great post, you have to admire the human achievement in even creating the apparatus and power required for this experiment.

Now this is an interesting article. The first line is with out a doubt, sensationalist, but also very misleading, quite typical of science writing as they have to play to the media with political spin. There has never been a question as to the doubt around Einstein's theory; he was the first to admit that.

Stephen Hawkins take on the LHC

The LHC "Large Hadron Collider" is a 10 Billion Euro experiment to look for The Higgs Boson particle. The Higgs Boson is a theoretical particle invented to make the current model of physics stand up. It is truly a "Glue" particle to stick it all together. Now if this experiment fails to find Higgs Bosons, what do you do?

First off; re check all the welds as they may be causing a problem, now that must have cost another small principality; something to do with the wrong solder being used, do you remember this?

Still no results, now some may find them selves in a conundrum, jobs on the line.

Could it be that the space time has been bent and the particle has been passed through a whole in the fabric of space time. The speed of light thus being passed by reducing the distance.

This is, to my mind a fancy way off dressing up the failure of the model. Which is actually far more interesting than had the particle been found.

Non linear time may be being realised.

These are very interesting times in which we live.

I defiantly think you are onto something concerning thought, yajvan!

praNAma

mana
    Last edited by Mana; 27 September 2011 at 03:12 PM.

Talking about thoughts travelling faster than light, as we know from quantum mechanics, a particle is able to be at two different places at the same point of time, so who knows , our dreams could possibly be something to do with parallel universe concept where to our world, there are many other worlds within many other universes with many of "I" who might be doing different things and in some world we might not even exist

If you can travel faster than light,then you can go back in time!!!!

go back in time!!!
    how far back?
    far back enough to see brahma creating the universe!!.

That depends on the speed which you travel, in any case,even if you do, it still remains a doubt if you can rewrite history

Oh and recently there have been experiments conducted by a group of researchers at CERN where they have observed neutrinos to be travelling faster than speed of light.However the findings of the research still remains to be validated.Most people speculate an experimental error

Heh, on Friday my advisor asked me what I thought about this. Despite that the result only came out the previous day, imagine my embarassment that this was the first I was hearing of superluminal (faster than light) neutrinos!

Fortunately I gave him the "right" answer. It's probable that there's a systematic error in this result that hasn't been properly deduced. Systematic error is a type of error that occurs in all science experiments (i.e. it's not human error, and it is quantifiable). It's not related to statistics, but rather has to do with errors resulting from the experimental process. Chances are that the Opera collaboration's systematic errors are underestimated. I'm as excited as the next scientist about particles breaking the speed of light. But given the lack of theoretical foundation, I'm highly skeptical.

Wonderful! I hope it all results in bringing world peace and understanding that much closer, more quickly.
    MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS ~

You know OMguy...who knows, it very well could!

Any discovery could trickle down to many unforseen elements in the our quality of life. Who knows what wonderful new thoughts/knowledge will come of this.

You wouldn't think WWII would be the cause of so many wonderful things we take for granted today...but it is.

Think about Les Paul and Big Band music. Because of that dual recording technology we wound up with recording technology still in use today. The use of penicillin...has saved so many men, women and children.

Just as this world was once thought the center of the universe, until someone came along to uncover the truth. These discoveries are so wonderful, so precious to this realm. I can not wait to see this phenomenon validated!

You wouldn't think WWII would be the cause of so many wonderful things we take for granted today...but it is.

Well, seeing how I had ancestor's tortured, shot and starved to death in the streets of the Polish ghetto's during WWll, I beg to differ with you on that.

To me, it's like saying my head will feel so much better after I finnish banging it against the wall, or my body feels great now, after they amputated my leg that was mangled by a roadside bomb.

I would like to think that perhaps, after thousands of years of wars, we wouldn't have to go through any more of those same ugly scenes just to give birth to life prolonging drugs and or music. I would also hope that none of your family members or friends would have to suffer these unnecessary evils just to give rise to the next invention or discovery.

Given enlightenment and the people striving for such, we could come to the same conclusions without maiming and slaughtering each other.
    MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS ~

Thread Information