Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buddhist Hindu?

Buddhist Hindu?

Can you be a Buddhist and a Hindu at the same time?

Re: Buddhist Hindu?

For Hindus, Buddhism is not outside Hinduism. However, Buddhists differ on this issue.
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

I can, absolutely !

Because i have learn many Mahayana Sutras and Tantras
    There is showed that Buddhism is not contemn Hindu deitys.

Even we have see many Vajra is standing on Shiva and Uma, but this kind of iconography also founded in Hindu ! This is have inner meaning that the Sadhana of this Vajra is beyond Triloka. Anda many sutras of different Vajras have the story of subjugate Shiva, then if we see Hindu Puranas, there is many story like that, but who is acctually subjugating Shiva ? We cant se the story from scripture like children see a myth, but that is have conecction with our inner consciousness.

Because,

in other Buddhism sutra, have said :
    Shiva is manifestation of Buddha Vairocana
    Vairocana Pure Land is in Akanistha (Shiva's svarga)
    Shiva is Great Deva Mara, and Great Deva Mara is High rank Bodhisattva who have most compassionate heart to help all beings to recognized and subjugate their inner mara ! without HIm (Deva Mara), we cant recognize inner mara.
    In Sutra of 12 Devas is describe that Shiva (Ishana) and other 12 Devas of Universe is manifestation of Buddha (Higest Consciousness for Buddhist)
    and so many proof

My Guru , Living Buddha Liansheng was very respect to Trimurti, Ganesh and other Hindu deitys. And said that Buddhism was receive many influence from Hindu philosophy.

so i said again and again, when we see the story about this Deity is superior that that Deitys , is not mean like a story of X men or another fantasy, this mean explanation of inner consciousness, not about war of Deitys. (I think Hindu should understand this because Hindu also learn many Puranas)

If you see that look like atheist Buddhism, that is Theravada, Mahayana said they is Hinayana (small vehicle) , also the part of Buddha teaching but Mahayana said Hinayana is not complette. Hinayana and Mahayana is appear for many beings who have different class of wisdom.

So, i dont have any problem to worship Hindu God, because i know Shiva, Ganesh etc for me is Highest Consciousness.

But what happened between Hindu and Buddhist relation ? why seems like some Hindu peoples see Buddhism is false and some Buddhist see HIndu is false. That is their bussiness, that is their own consciousness and their own wisdom to understand the Dharma. But for myself i really dont see any conflict.

That is many ways from God to save us.
    you can choose one and respect others.

Thank you

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Quote Originally Posted by Tirisilex View Post
    Can you be a Buddhist and a Hindu at the same time?
    I think NOT. I think to be a Buddhist you need to deny the existence of a soul. To be a Hindu you need to accept the existence of a soul.

The two cannot be simultaneously true.

Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
    I think NOT. I think to be a Buddhist you need to deny the existence of a soul. To be a Hindu you need to accept the existence of a soul.

What Buddhist get by denny a word "soul" ?
    What is different between "soul" and our name ?
    Do you know that Chinesse Mahayana use term "soul" ?
    Do you know that Hindu also have teachings about many part of conscioussness and emotion ?
    Do you know that Mahayana have "Buddhata" that is said every sentient beings have "Buddhata" who is not change.

Know about "anattman" for Buddhist cant liberate them !
    Many Buddhist know anattman but many of them is dont have self control , even other religions who accept soul can subjugate their ego.
    So anattman is absolute realization (subjugate ego and self control), not just a theory. If only a theory , Buddhists should be liberate by know and accept this theory.

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |

Then ,
    The anattā doctrine is not a type of materialism. Buddhism does not necessarily deny the existence of mental phenomena (such as feelings, thoughts, and sensations) that are distinct from material phenomena.[2] Thus, the conventional translation of anattā as "no-soul"[3] can be misleading. If the word "soul" refers to a non-bodily component in a person that can continue in some way after death, then Buddhism does not deny the existence of a soul.[4] In fact, persons (Pāli: puggala; Sanskrit, pudgala) are said to be characterized by an ever-evolving consciousness (Pali: samvattanika viññana),[5][6] stream of consciousness (Pali: viññana sotam;[7] Sanskrit: vijñana srotām), or mind-continuity (Sanskrit: citta-saṃtāna) which, upon the death or dissolution of the aggregates (skandhas), becomes one of the contributing causes for the arising of a new group of skandhas.

Do you know, Hindusim also have theory like this !

Then what is soul in Hindu ? that is also like "name" to make easy when us identify someone.

For example, Siddharta Gautama, He have said , i am in past life have birth become animal, deva, preta etc. Buddha said "I am" .

Hindu also have teachings about many aspect of sense who is controlled by maya.

So, when Buddhist say, "I have anatta theory, and you dont have!"
    Ok, so what ? after they know that, their consciousness become higher than other religions ? So the pride of Anatta theory is so wrong !

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |

When Hinduism can have Sankhya, Vaisheshika including even Nastika within it, how can it leave out Buddhism ? Moreover, Mahaayaan Buddhism is more or less similar to Advaita Vedanta. The Theravada Buddhists are more dogmatic about their own interpretation of Anatta which has no historical proof that Buddha taught as they think. Buddha refused to answer any question on Atman. He talks of Anattaa which imo means that there is no individual soul. Let's remember that Advaita Vedanta denies real existence of any individual soul but accepts One universal infinite Atman as the substratum of everything that Is.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

also, many Buddhists have miss understanding about anatta
    know the theory anatta is not mean anythings
    by know that and said they high is not a guarantee that they will liberate from lower realm.

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |

Nice universalism there friends. It appears to me it is only we Hindus who go around saying Jainsim, Sikhism, Buddhism, Taosim, Confucianism, etc. etc. are all similar to Hinduism. Jains, Sikhs, Buddhists and others hate to be associated with Hinduism. Sikhs wanted a separate country. Hatred of Hinduism led Ambedkar to convert into Buddhism. Maybe Hinduism is at fault for our stupid caste system.

We go around claiming all paths lead to God. Xians, Muslims, Jews AND ESPECIALLY Buddhists [online] are downright hateful about Hinduism.

Anyway, carry on. Everything is all the same.

Namaste,

It appears to me it is only we Hindus who go around saying Jainsim, Sikhism, Buddhism, Taosim, Confucianism, etc. etc. are all similar to Hinduism. Jains, Sikhs, Buddhists and others hate to be associated with Hinduism. Sikhs wanted a separate country.
    The daughter religions hate the mother out of fear. They are afraid of becoming irrelevant downstream and merging back into the mainstream Hinduism. Maintaining an identity of their own separate from Hinduism, forces them to be in a denial mode and be negative towards Hinduism. The holy men/women of the daughter faiths stand to lose their identity and power base, and must ween their flocks away from Hinduism for their own survival. Take the example of Sikhism. Guru Nanak came from a Hindu family, as did the rest of their gurus. Their spiritual realizations got compiled into a book which sings the praises of all Hindu deities. But the reinterpretation/politicization of the faith took it into a direction at odds with its mother faith. Demand for a homeland was an expression of this delusional separation. Things can look very confusing without knowing the history of different religious movements.

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=6283

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 30 September 2011 at 03:11 PM.

Thread Information