Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Milestones

Re: Milestones

namaste.

Congrats Devotee, on the 50 grand, with much less posts as EM put it!

EM, that was a touching account; you are blessed: 'Even your chance meetings are with Hindus'.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Even your chance meetings are with Hindus
    To me that is also a testament to the civility of the Canadian people. In the US, the skinheads and the rednecks would make it very difficult for minorities to survive in small towns, unless you are a doctor and they have to accept you for their own good. A couple of months back, two elderly sikh gentlemen with turbans, out on their morning walk in a suburb of Sacramento, California were shot at by a nin-cum-poop, who mistook them to be Talibanis. One of them died in the attack. A real disgrace.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

To me that is also a testament to the civility of the Canadian people. In the US, the skinheads and the rednecks would make it very difficult for minorities to survive in small towns, unless you are a doctor and they have to accept you for their own good. A couple of months back, two elderly sikh gentlemen with turbans, out on their morning walk in a suburb of Sacramento, California were shot at by a nin-cum-poop, who mistook them to be Talibanis. One of them died in the attack. A real disgrace.

Pranam.
    Vannakkam Believer: Yes its true. Historically we've had a policy of multiculturalism called the Canadian Mosaic. In the US its more of a melting pot. Unfortunately our current government leans more your way. We have 400 000 people here called 'temporary workers' who have less rights than the rest of us, and many don't know it. Quite sad. Government policy allows it. Reminds me of the archaic head tax on the Chinese. We'll use you for our purposes and then go home.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    Congrats Devotee, on the 50 grand, with much less posts as EM put it!
    Thanks Saidevo ji !
    Even your chance meetings are with Hindus
    EM, I think there is nothing "by chance" here. Somewhere they are all related to our Karmas, I think.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Congratulations to everyone in this thread for being 10x more knowledgeable than I am, 10x more humble and maybe even 10x older... (Ok, I may go to hell for slipping that joke into my compliment post and disrespecting my elders).

You guys are the reason I found this site. Om

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    Congratulations to everyone in this thread for being 10x more knowledgeable than I am, 10x more humble and maybe even 10x older... (Ok, I may go to hell for slipping that joke into my compliment post and disrespecting my elders).

You guys are the reason I found this site. Om
    10x ? Will you consider reducing it a little ... it is a bit frightening to me.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Well, perhaps Ayurveda is really working for you.

Vannakkam Pietro: Chronological age has nothing to do with it. I've learned much on here from people like you. But its a mindset ... drop the chronological age and view it from soul age perspective. Of course that's not so obvious. Soul bodies don't get grey hair and wrinkles. At least I don't think so.

Aum Namasivaya

Namast,

One week from today, I leave Canada for Nepal and India. My first trip, and I will certainly be crossing many miles and many stones to get there...!

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Quote Originally Posted by Indraneela View Post
    Namast,

One week from today, I leave Canada for Nepal and India. My first trip, and I will certainly be crossing many miles and many stones to get there...!

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.
    Vannakkam Indraneela:: Please do keep a journal and share it with us. Can you give us a brief outline of THE PLAN?

On another note: Congratulations Nayasurya, on reaching the 50 000 milestone. Your humble mystical words reach a lot of us.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information