Thread: Breaking India

Breaking India

Namaste,

Anyone on here has read this book by Rajiv Malhotra ? I want to read it but like to get some reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-India...8543070&sr=1-1
    Namaskar,

AmIHindu ?

यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि ।

नाम्नोऽस्ति यावती शक्तिः पापनिर्हरणे हरेः । श्र्वपचोऽपि नरः कतुँ क्षमस्तावन्नकिल्विषम् ।।

Re: Breaking India

Namaste AmIHinduji,

TTA wrote a great review of the book here. Everything I've heard about it has been positive. I haven't gotten around to reading it yet, but it's on my list.

Jai Sri Ram
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna View Post
    Namaste AmIHinduji,

TTA wrote a great review of the book here. Everything I've heard about it has been positive. I haven't gotten around to reading it yet, but it's on my list.

Jai Sri Ram
    Thank you for proving me link to the review. I want to read this as I heard about this book on Hindu Summit by Forum for Hinduawakening.
    Namaskar,

AmIHindu ?

यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि ।

नाम्नोऽस्ति यावती शक्तिः पापनिर्हरणे हरेः । श्र्वपचोऽपि नरः कतुँ क्षमस्तावन्नकिल्विषम् ।।

every hindu should read this book to know various machinations of anti-hindu (in essence anti-india) forces. especially if you are from the south I strongly recommend. I would go out further and say even if you have not read the Bhagavad Gita, read this book first.

Namaste,

When we, a handful of native Hindus on the HDF, have such (uncompromising) divergent views about Hinduism, that full scale egotistical wars erupt over trivial things, what chance do we have of saving the motherland from disintegration? Would reading a book change us overnight? Would we drop our differences and fall in line to recognize the views of a leader to be the final word on Hinduism? And, just who would that leader be? When we shake hands with clenched fists, how do we reach a consensus and become friends? As I have said before in this forum, Hinduism, in all its hues and colors and incarnations, is the glue that binds the people of Bharat. In the absence of that, we will disintegrate without any outside help. We don't need to look outside to find a villain. The devil resides within us. Oh, never mind the thoughts of a senile old man!

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 20 October 2011 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

When we, a handful of native Hindus on the HDF, have such divergent views about Hinduism, that full scale egotistical wars erupt on trivial things, what chance do we have of saving the motherland from disintegration? Would reading a book change us overnight? Would we drop our differences and fall in line to recognize the views of a leader to be the final word on Hinduism? And, just who would that leader be? When we shake hands with clenched fists, how do we reach a consensus and become friends? As I have said before in this forum, Hinduism is the glue that binds the people of Bharat. In the absence of that, we will disintegrate without any outside help. We don't need to look outside to find a villain. The devil resides within us. Oh, never mind the thoughts of a senile old man!

Pranam.
    If someone wants to follow Dharma, then there is not negotiation. But people call themselves Hindu mere by birth, and negotiate with spiritual practices. We are so less on HDF, at-least doing one or two spiritual practices but what about others. Indian is argumentative (Arguementative Indian by Amartya Sen), every Hindus person is granted independence to question other person, but now a days too much of bureaucracy entered in Hindus. We forgot out motive, and indulge in person motives.

So many chiefs but no one Indian.

Namaskar,

AmIHindu ?

यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि ।

Thread Information