Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nothing becomes everything

Re: Nothing becomes everything

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by brahman View Post
    Post ultimately concludes that the One reality is an unthinkable and ineffable mystery.
    If I may let me offer an idea that was inspired by śrī siddharameśvara maharāj; my intent is to expand on the idea offered in this whole string on 'nothing' and perhaps extend the conversation a bit more - it is not a challange or disagreement with any ideas offered, but to look at the subject from a different angle.

There is this wonderful tattva called ākāśa ( pure unblemished space). We note it has no shape, no form and the only quality we can say it has is emptiness, nothing-ness, some would say it is quality-less. Of all these things that it is not, it is still conceivable and we can say that it exists.

Lets extend this to ourselves... we sleep yet there is no direct experience of deep sleep. If there was we say we are not asleep.
    So there is a time every evening we too enter into this nothing-ness, yet one still exists.

So when we come to this notion of brahman we are wisely told it is beyond our ability of comprehension - of this I have no doubt, yet we have clues, flavors or a ~scent~ of what this brahman may be. Hence many give the name Supreme Being - and rightly so. Yet there is a tendency for 'humans' to conclude that 'being' means some entity, some form, some devatā-like entity.
    We just need to shift our awareness just a bit on this. The notion of Supreme means unsurpassable , we call anuttara. Now this 'being' means existence Itself , that is objectless existence - this is existence at its highest - without the slightest constraint, boundry or mathmatical definiton. Yet since I have been able to put it some framework of words , so it too is like the notion of space aforementioned, it is conceivable.

Yet what is the difference here ? Supreme Being is not and cannot become an object of the senses. It is outside of their realm. This Supreme Being is just like space... it is not, yet we know that It is. Well how do we know ?
    It is offered to us within our śāstra-s. It is also a direct personal and profound experience of the greatest muni's that offer their wisdom to us. This Being is sublter then consciousness itself and has taken on the name of pure consciousness ( my teacher has said it is pure intelligence). When this Supreme Being vibrates ( another way of saying It is aware of Itself) then consciousness comes into existence and thus begins the manifesting unfoldment of the objective world. There is a ripple in this objectless pure Being and existence begins to unfold ; never once taking up ( using up or consuming) one iota of this Being in any way. This is why it is Supreme.

praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 15 November 2011 at 02:05 PM.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~

There is a ripple in this objectless pure Being and existence begins to unfold ; never once taking up ( using up or consuming) one iota of this Being in any way. This is why it is Supreme.[/FONT][/SIZE]

praṇām

Dear Yajvan et al.

Exactly, This is why it is Supreme.

I would gladly share few more insights to this beautifully rendered thread.

ākāśa being empty, nothing, quality- less etc is a scientific knowledge; a scientist with required astronomical devices can clarify it; though the Shruthis proclaim this knowledge.

Brahman being unsurpassable, anuttara, existence itself, is objectless existence, existence at its highest, without the slightest constraint, boundary or mathematical definition, is not a scientific knowledge but a vision-दर्शन.

This vision has been orally bestowed on us through generations by seers as sabda pramana; which each individual has to realize inorder to attain Jnana.

If not, this conceivable (shruti-hearing) knowledge remains a Vidya.

As the paramanas(valid means of knowledge), being of the nature of conditioned perceptions, have validity only in the field of conditioned knowledge, All pramanas are valid until the final certitude of the self is attained, as explicitly stated by seers and gurus.

Transcendental knowledge is neither subjective nor objective, though in the instant of every cognition, subject and object are united and thus, realized as one; it is still an unthinkable and ineffable mystery.

Love

Light created from vacuum shows empty space a myth

Story here.

Scientists claim to have produced particles of light out of vacuum, proving that space is not empty.

An international team says that its experiment in which tiny parcels of light, or photons, are produced out of empty space has confirmed that a vacuum contains quantum fluctuations of energy, the Nature journal reported.
    Creatio ex nihilo [producing something out of nothing] seems empirically unprovable.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

More on space, from NOVA . This just aired on television last month.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/physics...l#fabric-space

A 3 part series.

praṇām
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    More on space, from NOVA . This just aired on television last month.
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/physics...l#fabric-space
    A 3 part series.
    The first installment of this NOVA program called 'What is space' takes a great look at ākāśa ( space ); it is the 1st time I have seen this type of attention given to this most noble tattva.
    Just excellent!

praṇām
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Namaste yajvan,

Thank you for highlighting this, I believe that I have read his book of the same name; it will be nice to watch this now.
    Science today and The visions of the ancient science of the vedas and Upanishads, appear so self similar that it is breath taking; beautiful.

This fills me with hope for the future.

praNAma

mana

Thread Information