Thread: Incense residue

Incense residue

Namaste, everyone

So my question is this - what should I do with the residue that falls off the incense sticks? I have a not-very-small jar full of it and I am loathe to just toss it. It's so nice! How could I just get rid of it?

And just to clarify; this isn't the ash from burnt sticks, this is the residue that has fallen off of the sticks, in their packets and been collected. Some of these packs have had a lot of residue!

Also, I'm so sorry for not posting much recently. Don't you just hate it when you have absolutely nothing to say but really want to join in?

Re: Incense residue

Hari Om Divine Kala!

I enjoy seeing your posts, so yes - you've been missed. Glad to see you back and at 'em.

In terms of the residue, I'm guilty of throwing out what falls from the sticks after it burns because I don't particularly like the scent. I do however like what comes off of the stick that comes in the package so I use it as a sachet in my suitcase as I pack every week for a work trip. Gives my clothes a distinct scent as I don't wear cologne and reminds me to center on the Divine throughout the day as a reminder of puja from the mornings devotion. Just an idea - perhaps you could add it as a sachet to your closet, much as one would cedar chips or carry it as a small pouch in your pocket to remind you of you of the days puja much as I do with my suitcase. Hope this helps.

Om Namah Sivaya
    Jai Hanuman!

Thread Information