Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Pak textbooks foster hatred of Hindus

Re: Pak textbooks foster hatred of Hindus

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
    Hinduism has no belief in Adam/Eve, messiahs, prophets
    I do not wish to take your words out of context and want to assure you this is case with this offering.

From a ~ hindu~ point of view we can see the relevence of adam and eve. It is symbolizm for śiva and śakti - pure Being and energy. And for prophets we have many and call them saints, ṛṣi-s or muni's. And for messiah's - it is considered a liberator , some like to say a chosen one. We associate it with the Christian view , yet for me I see otherwise. To be liberated is to leave behind ignorance, moha and dullness. What does the guru bring ? liberation. So, pending one's frame of reference these words are just other forms of our own
    sanātana dharma.

Yet for me it not so much the words, but the actions one subscribes to. Does one's actions bear friut and uphold evolution ? Does it increase and work within the life supporting goals of nature or does it tear it down ? Is one's actions driven to more seperateness or does it find unity in the mist of diversity ?

praām

यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

How Do Saivites Regard Other Faiths?

Religious beliefs are manifold and different. Saivites, understanding the strength ofthis diversity, wholeheartedly respect and encourage all who believe in God.They honor the fact that Truth is one, paths are many. Aum.

Bhashya

Since the inner intent of all religions is to bind man back to God, Saivite Hindusseek not to interfere with anyone's faith or practice. We believe that there is no exclusive path, no one way for all. Saivites profoundly know that God Sivais the same Supreme Being in whom peoples of all faiths find solace, peace and liberation. Nonetheless, we realize that all religions are not the same. Each has its unique beliefs, practices, goals and paths of attainment, and the doctrines of one often conflict with those of another. Even this should never be cause for religious tension or intolerance. Saivites respect all religious traditions and the people within them. They know that good citizens and stable societies are created from groups of religious people. Saivite leaders support and participate in ecumenical gatherings with all religions. Still, Saivites defend their faith, proceed contentedly with their practices and avoid the enchantment of other ways, be they ancient or modern. The Vedas explain, "Let us have concord with our own people, and concord with people who are strangers to us. Ashvins, create between us and the strangers a unity of hearts."Aum Namah Sivaya.
    Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami

I am embarrassed by how this woman is being treated. Some of you are no better than some Muslims in the way you treat people. This thread started out as something quite different from what it is now. Why gang up on this woman? You all have reminded me why I stayed away. This is disgusting.
    All is Siva there is nothing without Siva.

Wundermonk

"Let me ask you for a favour. You say that you are a member of other Muslim forums. Could you please start a thread on such forums asking your fellow Muslims what their opinions are on freedom of religion and most importantly, separation of mosque and state?"

Why don't you start the thread yourself?

There is knowledge that comes from books that can be recited like a parrot but if it is not know to the heart it is only academic.
    All is Siva there is nothing without Siva.

Thread Information