Thread: What is Hindu Philosophy - A set of beliefs or a matter of Science ?

What is Hindu Philosophy - A set of beliefs or a matter of Science ?

This topic is based out my understanding of the subject on going through the discourses on Gita and Upanishads (partly completed). The points I notice are :

1. It states about the cyclic creation of this universe. It states about the time and the relative nature of it.

2. It states about how the universe is formed from Brahman and the different stages of creations. It also has mentioned about the so called god particles.

3. It states the different elements and elementals, evolutions through space, fire (stars), earth (planets), water & air. It also states about the evolution of the lifeform upto the level of human and also beyond.

4. It states about the relation amongst all living and non living - in terms of body, mind and soul - leading to god in all.

5. It states the reasons behind the creations - through karmaphalas accumulated in mind.

6. It states about how to eliminate or reduce the cycles of creations as a whole and for individual.

7. It states about the different aspects of life, which should be in harmony with the nature and aligned to reducing the karmaphals. It includes yoga, ayurveda, way of life, rules of war, music, dance, habits, food, etc.

8. It states about the different states of existence - life and beyond

9. .....

To present these facts (both high level knowlede and low level knowledge), many methods have been used.

Now it seems that some part of the philosophy has now been proved by science and much part is still in hypothesis stage.

Though it does not matter how these knowledge is viewed as the end remains the same. It is like brilliant student and a weak student solving a problem. One solves it knowingly another unknowingly (as coached).

However for bringing about more understanding and appreciations of the different paths followed, it might be a good idea to deliberate on theses aspects.

Will the philosophy or the knowledge of Hinduism come in the realm of science in future or it is something which can only remain as belief ?

I say belief as the present science do not approve the achievements of the spiritual scientists, whom we call saints.
    Love and best wishes:hug:

Re: What is Hindu Philosophy - A set of beliefs or a matter of Science ?

Both!

A set of beliefs founded in an ancient wondrous science which is just now becoming explored by these ones outside of SD.

I see from this place of ignorance something very wonderful about everything SD is...

Even the pictures of Beloved...Shiva, Krishna,in a thousand other names all have a blue print behind them of something far greater.

The hidden messages in every Beloved Picture...the hidden meanings behind the retelling of the history. India is full of supernatural genius! Beloved sent secret keys to things all inside of this Knowledge!

Even the mantras with precise rythm and pitches....are keys to the doors.

"Modern science" is still in its begining stages for them...sometimes we come such a great distance to only realize we made a circle.

Just look at how the health industry try to kill every bit of the bacteria in this realm...only to discover some bacteria is VERY important for our existence and now yoghurt come with this necessary bacteria inside!

Modern science may not yet understand how full the Truth is which is SD...but I am truly confident the more they reach out, the more they will turn back in and discover what is already here in front of them<3

I think in many great scientific minds, this already happens.
    Last edited by NayaSurya; 18 November 2011 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Sp and grammar

Re: What is Hindu Philosophy - A set of beliefs or a matter of Science ?

I don't know ... the more I think logically and scientifically, I get more and more convinced that Hindu Dharma is all scientific. There is nothing un-scientific in God's creation and so is Hindu Dharma.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Thread Information