Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quotes from Scriptures of Many Faiths

Quotes from Scriptures of Many Faiths

Post some you enjoy.
    Pave to Musalman, pave Hindu, Sikh ve, sada ve Rabb jive; ek sada dil ve. Apne aap nu tu vakhra kyun samjhe...?
    Whether you are Muslim, Hindu, or Sikh...Our God is the same; our heart is one. Why do you consider yourself different...?

Noble I made thee, wherewith dost thou abase thyself?

Re: Quotes from Scriptures of Many Faiths

"There is a light that shines beyond all things on Earth, beyond us all, beyond the heavens, beyond the highest, the very highest heavens. This is the light that shines in our heart."
    - Chandogya Upanishad

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself."
    - Luke 10:27
    Pave to Musalman, pave Hindu, Sikh ve, sada ve Rabb jive; ek sada dil ve. Apne aap nu tu vakhra kyun samjhe...?
    Whether you are Muslim, Hindu, or Sikh...Our God is the same; our heart is one. Why do you consider yourself different...?

"The God-conscious being is always unstained, like the sun, which gives its comfort and warmth to all. The God-conscious being looks upon all alike, like the wind, which blows equally upon the king and the poor beggar."
    - Guru Granth Sahib

"This is the sum of duty; do naught onto others what you would not have them do unto you."
    - Mahabharata

"Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful."
    - Udana-Varga 5:18

"And if thine eyes be turned towards justice, choose thou for thy neighbour that which thou choosest for thyself."
    - Epistle to the Son of the Wolf

"Always think of Me, become My devotee, worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend." Bhagavad Gita 18.65

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." - Matthew 7:1-2

"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." - The Buddha
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”
    Julian of Norwich

Not exactly a scripture, but I consider the thoughts of mystics "mini-scriptures."
    How can I put this in a sentence? Try next time.

The Gospel of Philip
    " It is not possible for anyone to see anything of the things that actually exist unless he becomes like them. This is not the way with man in the world: he sees the sun without being a sun; and he sees the heaven and the earth and all other things, but he is not these things. This is quite in keeping with the truth. But you saw something of that place, and you became those things. You saw the Spirit, you became spirit. You saw Christ, you became Christ. You saw the Father, you shall become Father. So in this place you see everything and do not see yourself, but in that place you do see yourself - and what you see you shall become."

"As soon as one desires to worship some [god], I make his faith steady so that he can devote himself to that particular deity." BG 7:21

"Nature is complete because it does not serve itself.

The sage places himself after and finds himself before,
    Ignores his desire and finds himself content.

He is complete because he does not serve himself."
    Tao te ching

"When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."
    Gospel of Thomas

"Ever desireless, one can see the mystery.
    Ever desiring, one can see the manifestations."
    Tai te ching

"There is no greater sin than desire,
    No greater curse than discontent,
    No greater misfortune than wanting something for oneself.
    Therefore he who knows that enough is enough will always have enough."
    Tao te ching
    Religion = self idenity = entrapment,
    Only in silence will you find God.

Namast,

"I hear the thunder in the clouds, and my mind is cooled and soothed; imbued with the Love of my Dear Beloved, I sing His Glorious Praises. The rain pours down, and my mind is drenched with His Love."

From the Gurū Granth Sāhib.

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

"Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed." - Exodus 22:20

"Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass." - 1 Samuel 15:3

"Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children." - Isaiah 13:15-18

"If a man also lies with another man as he does with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." - Leviticus 20:13

"Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property." - Exodus 21:20-21

"Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people. For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death." - 31:14-15
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

"Deus est circulus cuius centrum est ubique, cuius circumferentia vero nusquam."

Thread Information