Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Hindus worship false Gods

  1. #21

    Re: Hindus worship false Gods

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali Bhakta View Post
    Compare the similarities between the doctrines of Shankara and Meister Eckhart and try telling me that there is little to nothing of worth in Orthodox Christianity.

    Blessings of the Divine Mother,
    William.
    While I dont disagree with other parts of your post your quote above made me google Eckhart. This is what I found. You still see him as Orthodox Christianity?

    he (Eckhart) was tried for heresy in the final years of his life. We do know that he disappeared from the public arena before the papal verdict, and is suspected by some of continuing his ministry in anonymity.

    On 13 February 1327, he stated in his protest, which was read publicly, that he had always detested everything wrong, and should anything of the kind be found in his writings, he now retracts. Of the further progress of the case there is no information, except that Pope John XXII issued a bull (In agro dominico), 27 March 1329, in which a series of statements from Eckhart is characterized as heretical; another as suspected of heresy (the bull is given complete in ALKG, ii. 636–640). At the close, it is stated that Eckhart recanted before his death everything which he had falsely taught, by subjecting himself and his writing to the decision of the Apostolic See.

    In 1328, the general chapter of the order at Toulouse decided to proceed against preachers who "endeavor to preach subtle things which not only do (not) advance morals, but easily lead the people into error". Eckhart's disciples were admonished to be more cautious, but nevertheless they cherished the memory of their master.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    March 2012
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Hindus worship false Gods

    Esotericism transcends exoterism so the fact that Eckhart was trialed doesn't matter. The exoteric dimension doesn't have to comprehend the more esoteric, not that these two terms can be applied easily to Christian doctrine) Al-Hallaj was also killed for heresy he's still revered as a great Sufi. Many Catholic intellectuals have high respect for Eckhart regardless and I don't think the church looks on him too negatively now.
    Om Kreem Kalikaye Namah

  3. #23

    Re: Hindus worship false Gods

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali Bhakta View Post
    I don't think the church looks on him too negatively now.
    You claimed in your last post that Meister Eckhart was orthodox Christianity. I showed you evidence that orthodox Christianity was not only against him but punished him as well.

    Now you are stating the present day Church accepts him. Since you equate Eckhart to Sankara do you mean to say that the following Advaitic ideas are accepted by mainstream Christianity today?

    I am God
    I am sinless
    There is one God, who is formless and everyone can discover that they are God.
    Last edited by Seeker123; 30 April 2012 at 02:53 PM.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    November 2007
    Age
    62
    Posts
    844
    Rep Power
    549

    Re: Hindus worship false Gods

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali Bhakta View Post
    It no more proves that America is a Christian nation than Richard Dawkins and a whole lot of his cronies harrassing the pope when he came to England proves that the U.K is militantly Atheist...And Christianity isn't technically the state religion because the consitution states otherwise.

    America's most destructive elements are down to Capitalism anyway. It makes no sense for us to tar all Christians with the same brush, I'm a Shakta but I've heard Hindu's say things that I would never want people to think represented me and my worldview at all...

    curses of Mother Mary
    William.
    A supporter of the pope the epitome of evil and an apologist of jesus christ, a enemy of Dawkins, and at the same time a shakta devoted to Kali, that will not work out. Kali is a warrior she loves garlands of freshly chopped off heads of enemys of Hindu dharma, These prophets of the black dharmas like eckhart, al hallaj et alia she likes to eat for breakfast.
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 30 April 2012 at 03:20 PM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    The Holy Land - India
    Posts
    2,737
    Rep Power
    5326

    Re: Hindus worship false Gods

    Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by Kali Bhakta View Post
    .......... And most of America's worst problems are down to Capitalism, its huge contribution to the ecological crisis for example, its corporate greed and the fact that gender and family structure there are being totally destroyed is all down to secularism not Christianity.
    While we are out bashing the US, why not increase the laundry list to include attempting to dominate the world through its pop culture, KFC, McDonald's and Starbucks. Why not also add its vile ways of propping up greedy banks around the world during the 2008 financial meltdown. Why not call it the devil incarnate, but still ask for its security blanket. For those not in know, we are in the middle of the Presidential election season and people with solutions to all of America's problems are welcome to run for the office and fix everything. Every kid thinks he knows it all and when he turns 40 and looks back, he invariably says, 'how could I have been that dumb?' I wish some generation will break the cycle and acknowledge being dumb first and then grow smart later on in life.

    Quote Originally Posted by MahaHrada View Post
    Kali is a warrior she loves garlands of freshly chopped off heads of enemys of Hindu dharma, These prophets of the black dharmas like eckhart, al hallaj et alia she likes to eat for breakfast.
    KaliMaa says: Crack, Snapple, Yum, Yum. Me wants more Xitian heads for breakfast.

    Pranam.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    March 2012
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Hindus worship false Gods

    "You claimed in your last post that Meister Eckhart was orthodox Christianity. I showed you evidence that orthodox Christianity was not only against him but punished him as well."

    My comment about esotericism transcending exoterism already debunks your argument here. Many Gaudiya Vaishnavas's don't comphrehend Advaita but they are still both part of Hinduism. This is the simpler, more coherent explaination, your argument falls apart.

    "A supporter of the pope the epitome of evil and an apologist of jesus christ, a enemy of Dawkins, and at the same time a shakta devoted to Kali, that will not work out. Kali is a warrior she loves garlands of freshly chopped off heads of enemys of Hindu dharma, These prophets of the black dharmas like eckhart, al hallaj et alia she likes to eat for breakfast."

    I'm not much of a supporter of the pope actually since I'm not fond of Vatican 2 but I still don't think that this excuses Dawkin's behaviour. Being an 'enemy of Dawkins' is incompatible with being a Shakta? Wow, now I'm confused!
    Om Kreem Kalikaye Namah

  7. #27
    Join Date
    November 2007
    Age
    62
    Posts
    844
    Rep Power
    549

    Re: Hindus worship false Gods

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali Bhakta View Post
    "Being an 'enemy of Dawkins' is incompatible with being a Shakta? Wow, now I'm confused!
    I agree you must obviously be confused when you think that a supporter of the vatican, catholicism and islam, opposed to critics of these ideologies, can be at same time a shakta, people like Dawkins are a weapon in the hand of kali, since they debunk the irrational, oppresssive and sometimes outright evil ideologies of Islam and Christianity. So rational people like Dawkins or Harris are powerful allies in ther war against adharma. The sole reason for devi to appear in her ugra avatar is to destroy the asuras the enemies of dharma in a war and the sword in her hand and that of the Kalki avatara is indeed meant to be a sword of knowledge also, which is able to cut clean through evil customs and irrational doctrines.

  8. #28

    Re: Hindus worship false Gods

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali Bhakta View Post
    "You claimed in your last post that Meister Eckhart was orthodox Christianity. I showed you evidence that orthodox Christianity was not only against him but punished him as well."

    My comment about esotericism transcending exoterism already debunks your argument here. Many Gaudiya Vaishnavas's don't comphrehend Advaita but they are still both part of Hinduism. This is the simpler, more coherent explaination, your argument falls apart.
    Sankara was no esoteric. He was and has always been considered as an orthodox Hindu. If this was in Christianity Sankara would have had to hide around and recant his sayings instead of freely traveling the length and breadth of India winning intellectual arguments based on his interpretation of Vedas, gaining respect/following and establishing mutts. The beauty of Hinduism is people who follow Advaita, Vishistadvaita, and Dvaita and a host of other philosophies can coexist peacefully. Again all 3 are widely respected as Acharyas not esoteric individuals.

    So esotericism has transcended exoteric in Christianity already? I would love to see a mainstream Christian Padre's face when you say "I am sinless; I am God........"
    Last edited by Seeker123; 03 May 2012 at 01:40 PM.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    April 2012
    Location
    Kurdistan, Iraq
    Age
    27
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Hindus worship false Gods

    According to Republicans, Turkey is a theocracy ruled by Islamic terrorist and war must be declared upon them.......
    According to reality and common sense Turkey is a secular country and ha led military strikes against terrorist activities constantly

    According to Republicans Cuba is the greatest threat to the world. ironically after Fidel Castro condemned their behavior.............
    According to reality Cuba has as little power as a ant has against my brothers 16 inch long boot.

    According to republicans they are Christians and wish to see children compete with Chinese education system and provide for people...........
    According to reality Republicans say that government should not pay for school and parents should atleast loan their kids 15,000$ a year to help go to school and all medical care by government is wrong and its best to let the weak die.

    Do i need to continue?

    Fact stands Republicans are terrorists and have always used violent threats and ideals leading to the MOST wars in USA history and according to my native Country Republicans are deemed "The Anarchist Plutocratic party". According to Japan they are the rulers of oppression, and i am a conservative. Never worry about a fool my friend
    [CENTER] "Although the effulgence of the moon is brilliant initially at night, in the daytime it fades away. Similarly, although the lotus is beautiful during the daytime, at night it closes. But, O My friend, the face of My most dear Srimati Radharani is always bright and beautiful, both day and night. Therefore, to what can Her face be compared?" Vidagdha Madhava 5:20

  10. #30
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    839
    Rep Power
    1018

    Re: Hindus worship false Gods

    Quote Originally Posted by TouchedbytheLord View Post
    Rick who? Keep up with the times and stop spreading fear-mongering.

    The Fate of Rick Santorum's Delegates - ABC News
    Apr 10, 2012 ... Now that Rick Santorum is out of the race, what happens to his delegates?
    Santorum has 285 delegates, according to the latest ABC News ...
    abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/.../the-fate-of-rick-santorums-delegates/ -
    I think I may have failed to communicate my point. The odds were always against Rick Santorum, but the extent of his campaigns success is cause for Hindus to most certainly be fearful. A Republican contender needs 1144 votes to win the nomination, which I take to mean that there are 2288 delegates available. Santorum won 253, which is slightly over 10% of the Republican vote. Assuming that a random sample of Republicans went to the polls and that half the country is Republican (an ironclad assumption given the nation's polarization), that means a full 5% of the population wanted Santorum to win. 5% of the nation thinks it's more important for Hindus to convert to Christianity than for the economy to improve. There are over 200 million registered voters in America, which means we have about 10 million Americans who hold this view. Smaller percentages have accomplished worse deeds than the forced conversion of Hindus. In 1932 there were fewer than 12,000 members in the German Nazi party. And yes, the comparison between evangelical Christians and Nazis was intentional. I've had honest enough conversations wiht evangelicals to know that they really would kill off Hindus who refused to convert under slightly different circumstances.

    I understand your aversion to militant action based on fear, and militant action is not what I suggest. But it's only "fear-mongering" if the fear is illegitimate. Consider the beliefs of these people for a moment. We're talking about people who believe that my cousin's five year old is going to burn in a lake of fire for all eternity because she raised him Hindu (as though being raised Hindu is less than ideal). Have you ever accidentally touched a candle flame when doing aarti to God? It's an extremely painful sensation, one for which God saw fit to give us a reflex to escape without our hands even sending a signal to our brains. This is because fire is incredibly detrimental to our flesh, and to even experience it for a few seconds is horrendous. Yet an eternity of this is what the Christian god would have in store for every Hindu child, if this god existed. And for that reason alone I am thankful he does not. So yes, I reiterate my earlier statement that Christianity is a religion without any redeeming merit. It is outright evil. No, not pure evil, and perhaps that is what makes it truly insidious. If Christianity taught nothing about forgiveness or care for the poor it could be easily dismissed along with Nazism. But beause it teaches these things it plants the seed of doubt in your mind. It makes you wonder what is going to happen if it's true, and causes you to ponder the possibility that you might go to the Christian hell when you die. The best lies are mostly true, and we do indeed see some truth in the Bible. Once again I will say that this religion is evil and ought to be avoided.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali Bhakta View Post
    TouchedbytheLord has summed things up with his link. If things were as Sanjaya says they were then I cannot see how this would have happened. And not all the conservative, Christian politicians are like him, Ron Paul is a Baptist and has happily assiocated with Hindu voters amongst others. Besides, many American Protestants belong to liberal organizations. And most of America's worst problems are down to Capitalism, its huge contribution to the ecological crisis for example, its corporate greed and the fact that gender and family structure there are being totally destroyed is all down to secularism not Christianity.

    I will not accept that Chrisitianity not recognizing the salvation of non-members makes it an 'evil' religion. Besides, many of the greatest Christians have recognized that the eternal hell in the Bible is symbolic of lower states or that its length is merely perpetual/indefinite, Thomas Aquinas was amongst the latter who held this view I believe. Anyway, judging all Christian doctrine by the state of American Evangelism is a pure copout. Compare the similarities between the doctrines of Shankara and Meister Eckhart and try telling me that there is little to nothing of worth in Orthodox Christianity.

    Blessings of the Divine Mother,
    William.
    If you say so, I haven't read him. What I will point out is that however the Christian chooses to rationalize belief in hell, the fact is that he believes Hindus are going there. You cannot get away from the idea that belief in Jesus is necessary for salvation without rejecting the Bible. Case in point: the very liberal Christianity you alluded to. What separates liberal Christians from other Christians is that they reject parts of the Bible as being true. They support things like being gay, sex before marriage, creationism, and various other things that are taught in the Bible. Now I agree with you that liberal Christians are better than other Christians. But this means that being a good person is antithetical to being a good Christian. Liberal Christians are good because they reject part of the Bible. And this is my point: the Bible teaches evil.

    I know the two of you don't want to believe that all Christians are demons. And I grant that many, perhaps even most evangelical Christians aren't bad people. But I dare any of you to sit down with an evangelical Christian, get him to stick his finger in the fire, and then have him tell you with a straight face that a Hindu child is going to the eternal fire of hell for his devotion to Bhagavan. I know a few evangelicals who could do this; but most probably couldn't. I think most of them know at some level that the Bible teaches evil. The supposed word of God disagrees with their personal conscience, and still they are asked to accept these words on paper over what their own minds tell them.

    But despite all that they keep paying tithes to their church, saying hallelujah when the pastor says that there is no salvation outside of Christ, and funding missionaries to go to India, effectively steal children from their parents, convert them to Christianity, and send them back to sow familial discord. And they call this "family values!" What do you call a religion that causes good people to do evil more often than it causes them to do good? I don't know about you, but I will never believe the lie that there is anything good about Christianity.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. khalsa rejects
    By GURSIKH in forum Sikhism
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 26 March 2012, 03:28 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 18 March 2012, 10:38 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 23 October 2011, 02:54 PM
  4. Hindus upset at Vogue editor for trivializing Hindu gods - Sify
    By HDFNewsBot in forum Politics - Current Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20 June 2010, 04:28 AM
  5. Nilakantha
    By Agnideva in forum Puranas
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11 May 2009, 11:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •