Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Misinformation and manipulation disguised as True Hinduism

Re: Misinformation and manipulation disguised as True Hinduism

Hari Om!

Please know that IMHO those at www.hindujagruti.org/ do a fine job! Sometimes a bit "militant" for my tastes, but I have followed them via the Yahoo! Groups that they belong to.

Yes, a list of sites to avoid would be a big plus but may be difficult given the vast variety of beliefs here. Christians may eat this stuff up while we Hindus are more than offended by such.

Pietro, the feelings that you have and may still be experiencing are certainly justified as I see it. Not that you asked for it, but may I suggest that you put the energy from what you have felt and channel it towards making others aware of this fraud. You certainly can't be the first to have experienced this at the site most likely, so it's my assumption that you will find others with similar grievances. Maybe even your own blog with occasional updates.

Browsing the site made me sick. So glad you brought this to light.

Om Namah Sivaya
    Jai Hanuman!

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    http://www.truehinduism.com/2011/10/...-1-eating.html

I commented on this blog post disagreeing with this joker's views and saying that if he thinks that what we eat does not affect us (subtly and grossly) he's dismissing Ayurveda (weird for a True Hindu, I presume, the benefits of Ayurveda are clear as day).

He not only deleted or banned me from commenting, he tampered with my words and edited as if I was agreeing with him. Can I take legal action against him? That's a crime in the real world, so it's also a crime in the internet.

After tampering with my words, not accepting my comments on his post about Prabhupada and putting me on auto-delete, I cannot express what I'm feeling.

I just wanna say to people to steer clear from this site full of falsehood claiming to be true.
    This place...

http://hindu-answers.tumblr.com/

Also ran by the same barbarian-

Very sad he is spreading such things.
    Namaste,

Thanks Peitro and Naya.

I reported this to forumforhinduawakening.org and hindugajruti.org
    Namaskar,

AmIHindu ?

यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि ।

नाम्नोऽस्ति यावती शक्तिः पापनिर्हरणे हरेः । श्र्वपचोऽपि नरः कतुँ क्षमस्तावन्नकिल्विषम् ।।

Most people who run such blogs and presumably provide lot of informations on hinduism in form of views, are fullfilling there deep seated desire to be seen as gurus, acharyas or some learned pundit. Desire for fame (and fortune maybe?) is at the epicenter of such activities. I would stay away from commenting on any blog. I tried blogging, but soon realized it leads to developing psychological mania and psuedo role playing - particularly when your blog is merely distributing your self perceived knowledge of things. Unless you are a professional writer or have some professional/academic reason for blogging, stay away from writing or commenting on blogs. Either you are stroking someone's ego, or rubbing it wrong way, or worse fuelling your own. I don't think such blogs scattered throughout internet pose any new or substantial threat to Hinduism that is already not there in real society, media bias etc. Ignore these guys pls.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Although I suggest ingnore, I do often find myself reading blogs but I refrain from commenting. I found many people who have seemingly very rational views. When I posted comments commending their points, I got good welcome. The moment I started posted something I found not correct I saw problems. Posts getting modified, being deleted etc etc. It becomes clear those who take their words and views so seriously are seriously troubled people. They need psychological help to get rid of this guru role playing mania. I know quite many such peoples over internet - some of them are fully initiated and should feel much previledged, but instead spend all their time advertising themselves and their views among friends etc. FB is a great tool for promoting morbid narcissism and so are blogs. This has convinced me that mantras, religious living, intense sadhana etc are useless when the basic thoughts and aspirations of an individual is incorrect. The biggest service we can do to ourselves and humanity is to take a hard look at ourselves, our beliefs, our actions every now and then.

But I probably digressed a bit without clearly looking at the subsequent posts. Yes this particular site is clearly an Abrahamic agenda. The About-Us page is really funny. I don't know this clowns background, but perhaves what EM says is most probable - an ISKCON avenger.
    Last edited by sm78; 23 November 2011 at 02:12 AM.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

LOL ,

See your comment
    "Excellent post! I completely agree. More people should realize this. Thanks."

He thanked you also .."@Pietro, thanks for the comment.", real gentleman .

I am a professional writer in the realm that I have been paid for my writing and have been published online for my work. But I rarely read or post on blogs unless it seems helpful. Always positive.

But, a blog is more of my diary and nothing more. It used to be called "One idiots stumbling through the universe."

and one day someone read the blog, the next day 10 and pretty soon the blog was full of 100's of people. I was one of the top bloggers on Myspace for a time...often in the top three spot of views and comments. It was just stories of my life and our times together. Never changed. But, as I withdrew from the world I made the blog private, said goodbye and walked away.

A blog is like a doorstep to your home, so it's understandable that one would not want someone to come debate them upon a "diary post".

Blogs are created mostly as personal spaces like a reflecting pond.

However, this is not a blog...at least he doesn't want it to appear as one.

He wants it to appear as a website, a resource for learning about Hinduism. Which is exactly what I take it to be.

If you read my blog or any normal blog online you would never be left with the feeling we were anything less than silly folk talking out our problems. No one could ever confuse me with a learned Being.

This, this is the big problem.

It this was just another "idiot's stumbling through the universe" I would just depart and not be concerned.

But it seems this one has higher goals of altering the perception of what Hinduism is to the novice.

It would be great if you do put out a list on false Hindu sites cause it's very trickyspecially for people who wants to learn what Hindu's are about and what they belive etc. I was reserchingPrabhupada's book on the "Gita as it is" review and found a few sites that says thatPrabhupada has mistransalated the Gita and is a fraud etc. But cause I already watched his videos and read a few of his work, I don't see anything wrong in his teachings. And then there's this "cult" busness and other disturbing storys about him and his followers.

There's definitely an agena going on but why? Why can't people just focus on there own paths and beliefs without attacking others? To me theses people are demon worshippers cause what kind of god let's them run around attacking anything that breathes?
    I have more respect for Krishna in the Gita then any other gods that theses people follow...

The owner of the blog contacted me saying it was a misunderstanding and someone else did the tampering.

The blog post on the whole about beef eating was deleted and a clarification was posted: http://www.truehinduism.com/2011/11/...ntroversy.html

I did what I thought was right, with no agenda, no desire to denigrate anyone. I was just driven by the suspicion about a place that claims to be True and yet manipulates other people's expression and the feeling of injustice after someone perverted my own words. That I'll never accept, my truth is what it is.

Yet only the ultimate knower will know if things were done ill-intentioned or not, I'll do as many here advised, refrain from posting in any blog specially those outwardly claiming to bear the torch of truth.

Om

Well...it appear he deleted the "F#CK YEAH Hinduism" blog and claims-

"At no place on the Hindu Answers blog is there nudity intended to convey a sexual meaning. Even sexual images, in Hinduism, have a deeper philosophical root."

The entire post was nothing but about sex...and posting Beloved with that blog with that title made it about sex.

...and to try to slant it to say we should all be less christian and more accepting of sexual images...is very silly.

...and besides when does being modest or moral become an xtian trait?

Very wise to remove it.

You know I think sometimes...ones who are still very new upon this path such as this young man get very excited and want so much to share this Truth we found. But, sadly, this is exactly what we should not do....we should remain quiet mostly so that the ones who do know, and could teach us...can do so without our noise.

A very curious note I should make.

Either this young man "borrow" or took...or is this man- I think it is this man under another name-

Here (okay it will not let me post the link because of the adult language in the link)

http://f___-yeah-hinduism.tumblr.com/

and the "uck" to this link and take out the spaces.

Because he has the same blog up.

He will probably remove so I will screen shot in case anyone ever needs to know what this thread was all about some long time from now.
    Last edited by NayaSurya; 23 November 2011 at 08:27 AM.

Thread Information