Thread: Re: Vedic Prophecy

Re: Vedic Prophecy

Hi does anyone know of Vedic prophecies pertaining to the 2012 events and thereafter? Also is it true that the new golden age of kaliyug is to start in 2013 and all these religious issues plaguing our society and religion would be mostly resolved for the better and more will accept the Vedic faith?

Thanks for yr response.

Regards,
    Ravi

Hello Ravi,

Also is it true that the new golden age of kaliyug is to start in 2013 and all these religious issues plaguing our society and religion would be mostly resolved for the better and more will accept the Vedic faith?

I'm pretty sure Kali Yuga was supposed to have started around 3000BC during the alleged events of the Mahabharata war. Kali Yuga isn't a golden age either, it's a long, dark age of strife and unbelief.

As far as I am aware, there is no prophecy within hinduism that states anything significant will happen in 2012; however, many new-age cults and 'gurus' have shoehorned the Kalki avatara mythos into their 2012 hysteria. The origin of the 2012 beliefs apparently come from mayan ideas, not from hinduism.
    http://rajahamsah.blogspot.com/ Rāja Haṃsaḥ
    Unfolding the teachings of Advaita Vedānta- my Blog, Updated Daily.

Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananda View Post
    I'm pretty sure Kali Yuga was supposed to have started around 3000BC
    3102 BCE when Lord Krishna left Earth. Kali yuga is supposed to last 432,000 years. So, we have another 428,898 years to go.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

There is a guru, fairly knowledgeable and articulate in fact, who says while we are definitely in the Kali Yuga (and it will last for many thousands of years per the traditional account) there are so to speak "respites" within the greater Yuga.

In his view we are headed for a ten-thousand year golden age within the greater scope of the Kali Yuga:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSobds8p3iI

This is one of my few instances of pure "faith." I have no idea whether this is true, but I have a longing and blind trust that it is.
    How can I put this in a sentence? Try next time.

Thread Information