Though my devotion is focused on Sri Sri Radha-Krishna, of late I have been feeling very much drawn to both Lord Narasimha & Lord Shiva, especially to Lord Narasimha. I have some (some!? ) internal demons I need to destroy. Maybe I am subconsciously appealing to Lord Narasimha to help me fight and destroy these demons? I welcome his fierce and fearsome aspect. I include Him in my daily prayers with this:

I offer my respectful obeisance unto Lord Narasimhadeva, the source of all power. O my Lord Who possesses nails and teeth just like thunderbolts, kindly vanquish our demon-like desires for fruitive activity in this material world. Please appear in our hearts and drive away our ignorance so that by Your mercy we may become fearless in the struggle for existence in this material world.

I am also feeling drawn to Lord Shiva, in that I want to get to know Him better. I know He is the destroyer of negativity, lust, and is the embodiment of asceticism and meditative peace. I say a prayer to Him also:

I salute that Ishvara along with Bhavani, who is as white as camphor, an incarnation of compassion, the essence of this world, who wears a snake around his neck and is ever present in the lotus abode of our hearts.

Om Trayambakam Yajaamahey Sugandhim Pushti Vardhanam
Urvaarukamiva Bandhanaath Mrutyor Muksheeya Maamritaat

I know that Bhavani is a ferocious aspect of Maa Parvati, but is also compassionate and full of mercy.

So what really is going on here?