Namaste, I am new to Hinduism. I decided I wanted to become Hindu in August, then took some thinking time before moving into the whole religion--a few weeks ago. I used to follow many religions (at different times of course), for awhile I was Lutheran, Baptist, and whatever my parents believed as a child, the whole Christian religion is fine but I didn't want a book that had chapters missing or added for each sect, so I became more of the New Age/Wiccan hippie belief, you know all the spiritual healing, again it didn't settle with me for awhile, so I became Muslim again, it didn't seem accepting. Finally after asking the question before I went to bed, I ended up having a dream about Ganesha, and that basically set me to exactly where I needed to go.

Now here I am as a new Hindu, but getting a lot of anger from old fellow Muslims about the fact that I "lack knowledge" and well picked a bad religion for a female--give or take it hurts a ton, and it shouldn't that I feel like I'm being looked at like I'm a monster for going with my heart and dreams. Anyways, I am actually very happy being a Hindu.

I have recieved a few books from ISKCON but there's not enough for me to get immersed.

The few things I am still confused on is praying and what exactly to do when and how to do it.

So any help, preferably from a female (I just feel better talking to another woman) about how things go and what not.

Thanks for reading,
Kalyanna (Jennifer)