Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evidence that it came from India?

Evidence that it came from India?

In my research when i was studieing the lost text of the bible, i found a story that was written around 300BC.
    It contains a prophecy of god comming to earth to free mens sins. But what's more intresting is this text could be proof that the ideas were taking from india.

Chapter XVIII - The mortal combat with the serpent.

1 When the accursed serpent saw Adam and Eve, it swelled its head, stood on its tail, and with eyes blood- red, acted like it would kill them. 2 It made straight for Eve, and ran after her; while Adam standing by, cried because he had no stick in his hand with which to hit the serpent, and did not know how to put it to death. 3 But with a heart burning for Eve, Adam approached the serpent, and held it by the tail; when it turned towards him and said to him: -- 4 "O Adam, because of you and of Eve, I am slippery, and go on my belly." Then with its great strength, it threw down Adam and Eve and squeezed them, and tried to kill them. 5 But God sent an angel who threw the serpent away from them, and raised them up. 6 Then the Word of God came to the serpent, and said to it, "The first time I made you slick, and made you to go on your belly; but I did not deprive you of speech. 7 This time, however, you will be mute, and you and your race will speak no more; because, the first time My creatures were ruined because of you, and this time you tried to kill them." 8 Then the serpent was struck mute, and was no longer able to speak. 9 And a wind blew down from heaven by the command of God and carried away the serpent from Adam and Eve, and threw it on the seashore where it landed in India.

The fact that the writers said that some dude threw the serpent to India must of visted there at one point. 

I can prolly see why this text wasn't in the bible even tho it has a "Jesus"  prophecy. Could this be hard evidence that the writers were in India at one time and was inspired with India's storys that they had to write there own verson?

You can read the full verson here 
    http://reluctant-messenger.com/eden_1.htm

Chapter XIV - The earliest prophesy of the coming of Christ.

1 Then Adam said to God: "O Lord, take You my soul, and let me not see this gloom any more; or remove me to some place where there is no darkness." 2 But God the Lord said to Adam, "Indeed I say to you, this darkness will pass from you, every day I have determined for you, until the fulfillment of My covenant; when I will save you and bring you back again into the garden, into the house of light you long for, in which there is no darkness*. I will bring you to it -- in the kingdom of heaven." 3 Again said God to Adam, "All this misery that you have been made to take on yourself because of your transgression, will not free you from the hand of Satan, and will not save you. 4 But I will. When I shall come down from heaven, and shall become flesh of your descendants, and take on Myself the infirmity from which you suffer, then the darkness that covered you in this cave shall cover Me in the grave, when I am in the flesh of your descendants. 5 And I, who am without years, shall be subject to the reckoning of years, of times, of months, and of days, and I shall be reckoned as one of the sons of men, in order to save you." 6 And God ceased to commune with Adam. * Reference: John 12:46

Chapter XV - Adam and Eve grieve over the suffering of God to save them from their sins.

1 Then Adam and Eve cried and sorrowed by reason of God's word to them, that they should not return to the garden until the fulfillment of the days decreed on them; but mostly because God had told them that He should suffer for their salvation.
    Religion = self idenity = entrapment,
    Only in silence will you find God.

Jainarayan is offline ॠनमो भगवते वासà¥à¤¦à¥‡à¤µà¤¾à ¤¯

Re: Evidence that it came from India?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    But what's more intresting is this text could be proof that the ideas were taking from india. ...

The fact that the writers said that some dude threw the serpent to India must of visted there at one point.

... Could this be hard evidence that the writers were in India at one time and was inspired with India's storys that they had to write there own verson?
    No hard evidence or evidence of any kind. The Abrahamic religions and myths are a plagiarism of earlier Mesopotamian and Near Eastern mythologies. That some elements may have come from India could be attributed to travel along the trade routes, if you have a fertile enough imagination.

But that is even a stretch and hard to believe because traders and travelers would have had an extremely difficult time crossing the mountains into south Asia. And I do not believe that Bronze Age peoples were skilled enough to build ships or boats to take a coastal route to the Indian subcontinent.

The Jesus stories which are dated to 500 years after the time of the biblical patriarchs (Moses, et al. ~2,500 BCE) and prophecies are an amalgam of stories that by then traveled across the land and coastal trade routes. There are some elements in the Jesus stories that seem to be lifted from the life of Krishna. If that's so, then it flowed from India to the Middle East over trade routes.

Moreover, India was not known by that name until the time of Alexander the Great: Sindhu (the Indus River) -> Hindu via Old Persian -> Indoi (Ινδοί; ancient Greek sometimes dropped the /h/) -> India. Therefore the translation of "...and threw it on the seashore where it landed in India" is not plausible imo.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

But that is even a stretch and hard to believe because traders and travelers would have had an extremely difficult time crossing the mountains into south Asia. And I do not believe that Bronze Age peoples were skilled enough to build ships or boats to take a coastal route to the Indian subcontinent.
    What about thoses writings of ancient ships that alot of texts talk about? They could try and build a boat but not as high tech as the "gods" were in. I watched alot of ancient aliens ^_^;

Maby all this  knowledge was from the collective consciousness that reached that oneness with the gods and taught many things. So many theroys and I do like to think of it as spiritual knowledge was reached in diffent parts of the world and this is why we are all telling the same knowledge and wisdom, just diffrnt cultures and beliefs. 
    I also think that the non-enlightend ones changed the settings in the text and made it into "my god is better then your god" thing. And hence diffent types of gods have human personailtys of anger/hate/jelous etc. In the lost texts I also notised that there verson of god was more like a perent and spiritual. Iv read some amazing storys and I personally wish they were the ones for us westener's to have. 

Other then that, all is one and one is all ^.^

What about thoses writings of ancient ships that alot of texts talk about? They could try and build a boat but not as high tech as the "gods" were in. I watched alot of ancient aliens ^_^;
    That was your first mistake. Watching that series is like watching a pile-up on the interstate highway... you know it's wrong on so many levels, but you can't help but look (I'm just as guilty ).

Seriously, it was offensive in the extreme when vimanas mentioned in the Mahabharata were equated with spaceships. Vimana has a couple of meanings in Sanskrit, including "tower". The tower above the garbhagriha in a temple is called a vimana.

As far as the ships, I neglected to mention that the writers of the prophecies in the Abrahamic religions were desert nomads, sheep- and goat-herders. They had neither the time nor resources to build ships of any kind.

Ancient aliens is like picking up the National Enquirer and reading the section on aliens.

I have not been able to sit through a full episode of that show. It is very disturbing that the history channel and other knowledge rooted networks would begin creating ridiculously innacurate shows such as this...not to mention the scare mongering they do with the "big rock hits earth" "tidal wave takes out planet" type of shows.

The ones on einstein/blackholes were the worst.

I call it pseudoscience... though I often find no science involved at all.

Let me just take one example on Ancient Aliens, the bird toy found in Egypt. In the ancient alien shows it completely neglected to talk about the fact it had a place for a stick to be placed in the bottom which proved it was nothing more than a child's toy.

There was a whole show devoted to those things they thought to be unusual in Egypt and all of it had perfectly good explanations.

When they began speaking about India, and it always seems they do...why do most of them butcher most of the terms so badly?

I always wonder...why doesn't the producer ever hire an expert on ancient India from India?

I love the episode where it was talking about Krishna and that they found his city dwarka. UFO vs Krishna's bow
    there was also another area that dated 12 thousond years ago called Göbekli Tepe, but I don't think that was in India though. That episode got me intrested in who Krishna was but I was more into conspiracy alien reptile stuff at the time >_> lol history is deffinty fun when you use your inmagination  

Quote Originally Posted by NayaSurya View Post
    Ancient aliens is like picking up the National Enquirer and reading the section on aliens.
    I prefer Batboy.

When they began speaking about India, and it always seems they do...why do most of them butcher most of the terms so badly?
    Can't speak Sanskrit? (I should talk! )

I love the episode where it was talking about Krishna and that they found his city dwarka.
    There really is what may be a submerged city in the Gulf of Khambhat. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_...Gulf_of_Cambay

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarka#Dwarka_Kingdom

namaste,
    I love Ancient Aliens series.
    satay

Vannakkam: We're all aliens. It's just more apparent in some than in others.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

Yes, the "ancient alien" shows, books, etc. can be tiresome... I see it from two perpectives, however- of course, there is the annoyance of perceiving the unwitting racism/culturalism inherent in such authors as Von Daniken (where the underlying message is that primitive brown people are incapable of advanced feats of architecture, engineering, mathematics, etc.), as well as the lack of intellectual rigor evident in even the more academically oriented positors of such theories.

Yet many who are initially intrigued by the idea do go on to learn a great deal about world history and culture; the active, questioning mind that does not comfortably settle down once a more "modern" paradigm to replace extant dogma is reached will not long linger in the "ancient aliens" camp; but hopefully will have learned some valuable lessons on the nature of logic, philosophy, psychology, and history. Even a more realistic or sophisticated treatment of "ancient aliens" such as "2001: A Space Odyssey" does not pretend to address or solve anything metaphysical.

I agree that much of the modern Abrahamic framework is derived from a mixture of Sumerian, Egyptian and Zoroastrian cosmologies. While in a sense it all makes for fascinating and instructive research, once one has gone back far enough, it becomes a pointless exercise, unless one truly enjoys jalpa Unless today's physics are wrong, time-travel into the past is impossible, therefore some archaeological/historical questions will likely never be definitively answered. This does not mean I believe that we should stop researching them- but honesty in the degree of uncertainty must be maintained, otherwise an emotionally derived agenda is being served, wittingly or not.

Thank you for your indulgence in my rambling...

JAI MATA DI

Thread Information