Thread: I need others to read this

I need others to read this

Namaste

This is probably the wrong place but I need other people to read this. 'This' being a letter I have written to a woman I used to spend time with back home. I have been reading Himalayan Academy's How to Become a Hindu and the severance letter has struck me as something I believe I should do.

I have never been part of a formal religion but through this woman's coaxing I came very close to becoming a Jehovah's Witness. Lord Shiva, always watching on, guided me back towards Him however and now I don't think there was ever any chance of me joining that organisation.

You don't have to read if you don't want to but I had to share this with others.

*~*~*~*

Dear Debby

I am very happy that we had the chance to meet today (please ignore the date at the top). After two years away it was a pleasure to see you again. You have always been wonderfully kind and friendly to me and I treasure that. Please remember that.

I don't know if I've asked you to read this first or after - I suspect I've asked you to read this after our catch up because I've always been uncomfortable about trying to explain my beliefs to you. I think this is because you are so happy with where you sit in your beliefs and so sure that what you believe is true that I have never wanted to disappoint you. But I think it is time that I come true to you and told you my beliefs. This is both for your benefit and mine. By taking this step you - a person whose presence I have treasured in my life - will learn more about me and I will solidify my beliefs in a more tangible manner because I will no longer be hiding one of the most important parts of myself from a woman I highly respect.

Debby, shortly before I first met you - in 2006 I believe - I was having dreams and thoughts about God. I dreamed constantly about Him and my daily thoughts were consumed with Him to such a degree that, for a time, I could not even really function properly. It was only when I gave in, only when I stopped resisting, that God gave me a break.

Every time you enetered my apartment, Debby, God was watching us. Through an idol He looked out - although God needs no idols, no images, God is at once formless and with form for His devotees.

I gave into God's persistence by buying a small murti (what you would call an idol) and setting up a small shrine atop my bookcase. You may remember the posters of Lord Shiva, Durga Ma and Kali Ma that adorned my walls. All different forms that God takes for Her devotees that we might approach Her with a little more ease.

It was only after relenting and setting up that shrine that I was able to return to any semblance of functionality. And once that shrine had been set up I began a journey that involved meeting you and learning about Jehovah and his witnesses and asking myself 'do I agree with what I am learning? Do I agree with this picture of God?'

For awhile there, Debby, I did. Jehovah seemed to be the father I had never known and I prayed every night but eventually I would always be brought back - lovingly - to Lord Shiva and His beneficent smile. It was Lord Shiva who first called me and to Him I always returned.

I think the day that really told me Jehovah was not the right path for me was the day and some other Witnesses told me about one of the steps they had to take.

That step Debby, was burning the books on different beliefs and any objects of them. One of the young women there mentioned having - I believe - a wooden mask in her home. With it in her house she said she suffered from all sorts of mishaps. It was only when she became a Witness and realised that the mask was demonic that she knew what to do. She burned it, along with the books on different beliefs she had and suddenly it was all good. Maybe it was but I couldn't deal with the thought of burning books. Books are sacred. They are filled with knowledge and should never be so disrespected.

I could never burn books, no matter how much I disagreed with what was written in them. Ever.

I do not believe that Jehovah is God - if anything he is a divine being - but I do believe that Shiva is God. Shiva is God, Krisna is God, Mother Durga, Mother Kali, Parvati Ma, Sri Sri Radharani is God. Every name there is for a different aspect - a different form - that God takes so that His/Her devotees may know Him/Her.

Lord Shiva is forever merciful and most fond of His devottees. Lord Krisna is God as beauty and grace who came down to Earth to answer the desperate prayers of His devotees at a time of strife and He will come down once again as Kalki to spread righteousness and godliness once against amongst mankind.

Mother Durga is the firm, loving power of our universal Mother. She took form to liberate us all, as did Mother Kali who is so fierce, so frightening because She will do anything for us, to bring us to Her. Parvati Ma is Lord Shiva's loving wife, without Whom He is powerless and impotent. Sri Sri Radharani is Lord Krisna's eternal consort; that which even God is enamoured with.

All these different, and sometimes conflicting, forms of God are for the devotees. God takes form for our benefit, so that we may become lost in Her.

He does not punish. She is not angry. He is not jealous. What God is - and so much more - is loving, merciful, playful and joyful. Words do not encompass what God is but when I see an image of Lord Shiva or Ma Durga I see a little of what God is and I feel God's presence.

I needed to tell you this Debby and maybe I should have told you when we first met but I was afraid of losing you as a friend. I know now that if you should choose never to speak to me again or believe me damned that's okay. We are both on the same path but we are not at the same way point.

I love you, Debby, and pray that you understand why I am doing this.

May God bless you
    Love always
    Divine Kala

~*~*~*~

I am surprised, looking at that, how much it reflects my beliefs. I have never really written them down like that before. I did hold my tongue at one point in the letter and called Jehovah a 'divine being' when I really wanted to call him a despot!

Re: I need others to read this

Vannakkam DK: Although others might differ on whether or not its necessary, I really liked the sincerity of this. It will lead to a clean break with little or no leftover scars.

Best wishes.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

A heartfelt outpouring indeed.
    Let the chips fall where they may!

Pranam.

4. Re: I need others to read this

I do not find there is anything like you are away, we all have some problem that makes us think some different. You know DK, it is Kaliyug where we all have less knowledge but we still have inner sense and cognition of ॐ.

Shiva is watching, he is merciful, but he is also true justice, he is Rudra and do not show any mercy on Adharm.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Kala View Post
    Books are sacred. They are filled with knowledge and should never be so disrespected. I could never burn books, no matter how much I disagreed with what was written in them. Ever.
    +1.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
    +1.

Good luck.
    I even have trouble throwing out magazines!

True love and true devotion. Loved it DK.
    Love and best wishes:hug:

Namaste DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Kala View Post
    I am surprised, looking at that, how much it reflects my beliefs. I have never really written them down like that before.
    Sometimes one's thoughts come across so much clearer in writing, because you can go back, edit, re-edit, consider your words, re-consider, and not to mention having the person's undivided attention!

I did hold my tongue at one point in the letter and called Jehovah a 'divine being' when I really wanted to call him a despot!

Ahahaha... I think that would have completely blown the intent of the letter (no matter how true it may be ).

I think it's a lovely letter. It's up to her now to accept or reject your feelings. If she accepts them, your friendship will be that much stronger. If she rejects them, then so be it. People drift apart for a brazillion reasons (G.W. Bush was once told that 6 Brazilian troops were killed in a roadside bomb... with a sad look on his face he asked "how many is a brazilian? )
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

It's a good thing your with shiva cause the Jehovah's witness teach things that are not supported in there bible. My mum is one and I used to join them once. For me personally, it wasn't for me and I didn't like the idea of billions of people die and only the jehovah's witness live on earth forever. Incase you have doubts about the JW. I recomend you this site: http://jehovah.net.au/1925.html
    The guy was raised as a Jehovah’'s Witness. 

He will show you old work by the watch tower that did so many false prophecys such as "millions now living will never die". In one of the pages it says:

"The chief thing to be restored is the human race to life; and since other Scriptures definitely fix the fact that there will be a resurrection of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other faithful ones of old, and that these will have the first favour, we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men of Israel from the condition of death, being resurrected and fully restored to perfect humanity and made the visible, legal representatives of the new order of things on earth." Millions Now Living Will Never Die p.88

Evidence is here: http://www.4shared.com/document/CMUk...Will_Never.htm

I just let my mum belive what ever she wants but we do get into fights sometimes when it comes to religions. 

Just wait till she sees my Gita in the post >_>

I wish you luck! Hopfully she's open minded cause in this type of cult, you must keep away from "worldy people" cause the myth is that the "worldy person" will turn you away from Jehovah... Heck you should see what happens when a follower gets booted, your not aloud to hang around with that person even if you are best friends
    Religion = self idenity = entrapment,
    Only in silence will you find God.

Thread Information