Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prayers to Srimati Sita?

Prayers to Srimati Sita?

This old thread http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...75&postcount=1 as I was surfing around prompted me.

Does anyone know of any prayers to Srimati Sita, praising Her? Does anyone pray to Her? I know there is a gayatri mantra to Her, but I mean like stotra or shloka.

I'm sure this is overkill, but in my daily (OK, maybe not daily) prayers I recite prayers to Sri Krishna & Srimati Radharani; Lord Vishnu & Maa Lakshmi; Lord Rama; Lord Narasimha. I know they are One, and Supreme, but I like the prayers. I feel I am saying different things to Them in these prayers. Of course I say the Mahamantra also; the Mahamrityunjaya mantra; and a few others (Asato maa gamaya...; Sarveshaam...; Tvameva Mata Cha Pita Tvameva...).

I also recite some prayers to Lord Shiva & Maa Parvati; Lord Ganesha; Maa Saraswati; Lord Hanuman. I don't know... I guess I'm an Equal Opportunity Bhakta. All this really only takes about 5-10 minutes, even with concentration.

But I feel that, even though She is Maa Lakshmi, Srimati Sita is being slighted in honoring Her for everything She went through. I can't seem to find anything praising and honoring Her, or even asking for Her blessings against adversity.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Re: Prayers to Srimati Sita?

Vankkam,

i also search.... maybe one Rsi or saint was composed the stotram for Mother Sita ?

but if not find it, with your love from your heart, you can composed one who was explain the divine sport of Devi on form of Sita

Jai Maa Sita
    Jai Sita Ram

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

In vaishnavism, I don't think one has exclusive or stand alone importance given to the feminine. She is generally only worshipped with the male aspect. Some sampradayas, like nimbarka or sri-vaishnava who give special imporance to attaining God thorough the medium of his shakti thus consequently do worship shakti more explicitely (althoug I don't think as stand alone diety) through radharani or lakshmi. But the traditional vaishnava followers of sri-rama (ramanandis etc) don't follow this approach of reaching God through the devotion to his shakti, so maybe hymns specially for Sita, special modes of Sita worship are less common. If she is mentioned, she comes in the same breath as the name of Rama, not separately.

Ofcourse in day-to-day hinduism people may have exclusive or at least a special place for Sita - but since I can't see any sampradaya practicing or propagating such, chances are less.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Namase TouchedbytheLord
    I remember seeing a Sita Ashtotram once in a book -verses in praise of Sri Sita -in fact there is a Lakshmana Ashtotram too.
    I am not sure if its on the net.
    But I found this
    http://www.hindupedia.com/en/Sita_Rama_Stotram
    These verses are a combo-version-they praise both Rama and Sita together in the same verse-I think Sri Sita may not want to be even thought of as different from her beloved Sri Ram.
    Loka Samasta Sukhino Bhavanthu

Flowing Along

I forgot to mention this
    There may be some folk songs in some Indian languages in praise of Sri Sita,though I cant cite a web link.
    In some weddings, in TN , women of the family sing about how it is really a celebration of Sita's wedding during some ceremonies. Some other families may remember Gauri's wedding to Shiva in the form of a song.
    So people may think of the divine on ordinary days as well as on occassions.
    Many of these songs must have been spontaneously done by ordinary people.
    Loka Samasta Sukhino Bhavanthu

Flowing Along

Namaste TBTL,

Perhaps you might find these links useful:

About Her and Her festival, with mantras etc.

Sri SitaNavami

This mandir (dedicated to Maa Sita, said to be where Maa Sita descended into Earth)'s website has "virtual aarti" for Maa Sita here:

Maa Sita aarti

Wishing Maa's blessing on your path..

JAI MATA DI

Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    In vaishnavism, I don't think one has exclusive or stand alone importance given to the feminine. She is generally only worshipped with the male aspect. Some sampradayas, like nimbarka or sri-vaishnava who give special imporance to attaining God thorough the medium of his shakti thus consequently do worship shakti more explicitely (althoug I don't think as stand alone diety) through radharani or lakshmi. But the traditional vaishnava followers of sri-rama (ramanandis etc) don't follow this approach of reaching God through the devotion to his shakti, so maybe hymns specially for Sita, special modes of Sita worship are less common. If she is mentioned, she comes in the same breath as the name of Rama, not separately.

Ofcourse in day-to-day hinduism people may have exclusive or at least a special place for Sita - but since I can't see any sampradaya practicing or propagating such, chances are less.
    Thanks. I wasn't sure if that was the case, but I guess it is; I thought there might be some reason. Clearly more emphasis is placed on Mahalakshmi and Srimati Radharani; there is a prayer to Mahalakshmi that calls Her the internal energy of Lord Vishnu and equal to Lord Vishnu Himself. In the Hey Ram prayer, there is a line that says "You are Radha's Krishna". It's probably just how devotions developed.

You learn something new every day.

Quote Originally Posted by JaiMaaDurga View Post
    Namaste TBTL,

Perhaps you might find these links useful:

About Her and Her festival, with mantras etc.

Sri SitaNavami

This mandir (dedicated to Maa Sita, said to be where Maa Sita descended into Earth)'s website has "virtual aarti" for Maa Sita here:

Maa Sita aarti

Wishing Maa's blessing on your path..

JAI MATA DI
    Thank you.

Much of the folk songs dedicated to Sri Sita talk about the trials and tribulations she goes through upon her marriage to Rama. Many of those songs do not flatter Rama.

Vanakkam,

Glad to find praises for Mother Sita.

This is also difficult to search for Rama storam who have talk about Sita (like Praises to Visnu : Vishnu Who is the Lord of Laskmi, Laksmi in His chest etc) , so many Rama storam is without praises of Rama and Sita relation.
    Maybe there is available somewhere but i can't find.

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Kala View Post
    Many of those songs do not flatter Rama.
    I went off on someone (who me!? really!? no way! ) on a Wikipedia talk page who was talking smack about Lord Rama.

Thread Information