Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes i feel

Sometimes i feel

Vanakkam,

hm....

every religion from ancient until now, still have debate about many things etc...

maybe some moment we will feel satisfied when talk with people who same opinion and view with us,
    or when we can subdue the argument of others who weak.

But that is still in one condition,
    no any person can become a king who gain victory in debate against whole religions in worlds in many ways...

sometimes i feel... we walk in same circle and there is no hip and no edge

when i first saw Hindu and Buddhism, i also very naive
    i feel wow, this religion is no such problem who is make abrahamic religion hurt each others.

But walk in time by time
    i realize that in Hinduism and Buddhism, all of religion in the world, there is have same problem and debating some stuff, and this is no end...

sometimes i tell my self, this enough
    not my business and i dont care anymore

religion is too much political thinking

this is not mean i will walk in or i will walk out

i only know, what is important and what is not important

enjoy our everyday

enjoy our every breath

be grateful

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Re: Sometimes i feel

Quote Originally Posted by shian View Post
    i realize that in Hinduism and Buddhism, all of religion in the world, there is have same problem and debating some stuff, and this is no end...
    Hi Shian:

Unfortunately, you are right. Hinduism and Buddhism did have a rough "intellectual" encounter in history. But one saving grace is that no group slaughtered or killed the other.

Each one of us is a spokesperson for the philosophy we hold dear in our heart. When that is questioned, we will seek to defend it vigorously, no?

enjoy our everyday
    enjoy our every breath
    be grateful
    This is a great philosophy to live by.

You are a sweet, wonderful Portion Shian<3

Once, I also felt this way.

When I first see the arguing it was very sad but over time I began to understand.

These heated conversations and arguments are very needed. Like a diamond is polished, so too is our understanding.

Sometime it take this friction for others to know and to grasp things. To know where they stand. It help them identify what they are, and what they are not.

So do not feel sad, please.

It's all oki fine!<3

Vanakkam,

sometimes i tell my self, this enough
    not my business and i dont care anymore

religion is too much political thinking

this is not mean i will walk in or i will walk out

enjoy our everyday

enjoy our every breath

be grateful
    agree.
    Sat sangh means good company, it is good to talk to fellow hindus time to time. Even argue and yell, all is fine so long as one has that sat chit ananda bliss in ones core persona. Namaste.

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namast&#233;

every religion from ancient until now, still have debate about many things etc...

maybe some moment we will feel satisfied when talk with people who same opinion and view with us, or when we can subdue the argument of others who weak.
    True and honest debate is not for the debaters but for the listener. It is there to lift one up to a higher level of understanding.
    If there is just word war-fare ( jalpa) then little is gained. It is when there are points and counter-points. We see this in many great works ( the brahma sūtra-s would be an example); in this case the author points out the arugments to the audience ( the reader) then debates the points of contention. In that manner one is brought to a deeper level of learning.

Now the tougher question - can this, and does this occur today ? Many have opinons on this.

For some, debate is just noise and there is no need for intellectual stimulation. For others there is this need to know reality on a more intimate level and for that information and insight is desirable.

For me, I am most attracted to conversations that compare and contrast views; I am not much interested in my views ( or religion) is better then yours kind of thinking - for me this is small thinking which is just one more boundry I needn't concern myself with.

praām
    Last edited by yajvan; 13 December 2011 at 06:42 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thank you all

your reply is give me spiritual benefit

i have saw a few of peoples who love to do religious debate and then the end is make self pride (not only religion VS other religion, but also sect VS other sect in same religion)
    but when i know closer with these winner (debate winner), and i already know, that he still have many problems and distress , cant control emotion etc , there is even someone who not see religion is important in his life can controled his emotion and can have more healthy life better than this debate winner...

This fact opened my eyes...

Yes off course not all of debate is bad, some is usefull and good, make spiritual improve, then in this kind of debate , i really see Saraswati Maa.

But many of us (peoples in Kaliyug) debate then the end is listener not gain any spiritual improve, there is only create harted and arrogance etc... When beside this, their life still full of sufferings and distress... even for the extrem in their personal life they not have healthy life (their lifestyle very cruel and have some behaviour against their own sect)

this is many fact of this Kaliyug

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |

but when i know closer with these winner (debate winner), and i already know, that he still have many problems and distress , cant control emotion etc , there is even someone who not see religion is important in his life can controled his emotion and can have more healthy life better than this debate winner...

I think you have pretty much nailed it right there.

The point of debate is sometimes more about scratching your own ego. Truth be told, no one [theist, atheist, Muslim, Xian, Hindu, Buddhist] probably has a clue about why we are here or what the universe is all about.

But, unfortunately, each of us holds one belief closer to our heart than others and will seek to find confirmation of that belief everywhere. "Defeating" opponents in debates provides one such confirmation.

But you are right...being the best philosopher or logician or debater means nothing to having a healthy emotional lifestyle.

What really really has a bearing on one's life is past Karma/Reincarnation and nothing else. [Runs away]

hm... only feel tired to see the conflict who end with harted
    not because i am is Buddhist then see Buddhist VS Hindu
    But this also happened between Hindu vs Hindu or Buddhist vs Buddhist (sect VS sect)

but i love Sanatana Dharma
    i have tell myself, this is ocean life and death, this is ordinary human (this is will always happened in samsara)

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |

Namaste shian,

Just a few of my thoughts for your kind consideration.

If you bring joy, as you do with your postings, to these poor folk who know not of any other way, yet. You will find, I am sure, the universe conspiring to help you.
    These rifts that you see will take time to heal this is a large natural cycle like the beating of the earth's heart, that fact that you see them; is that healing taking place.

Growth must happen for life to prevail. You can find release and relief from this by your devotion, of that I am sure.

You are part of a better future in which there is wise counsil and guidance.

praNAma

mana

I am at a crossroads. I've looked at Hinduism. (I'm a westerner). I still practice yoga and believe there is something to the chakra energy centers. I like the Gita.
    But I do know that I'm not destined to become a "true" Hindu. I greatly like many of the principles, but I don't think Hinduism can be my only path, but part of it. Yes, I come from the US, but was not raised going to church, so it's not like Christianity was "forced" and "emblazoned" on me. I chose a Christian path for a while as it seemed the logical thing to do, since the generic Xmas and other "Christian" holidays were always observed in my house in the generic sense. Chrisitanity and the whole Jesus is the only way and you'll burn in hell if you don't believe that and accept him, etc is not anything I accepted even when I identified myself as "Chrisitian". I surely don't think it now. I believe he was a man who was a messenger and had compassion, and yes, like many in that time, was crucified.
    I will keep elements of Hinduism probably as part of me, but I know I can't go any further than that, and I'm not about to be fake. Some people do this as a phase. I never really revealed to anyone but my spouse that I was looking at Hinduism. I still like the mantras and find them God inspired. I just know I can't ever truly be a Hindu.
    And getting to the point the OP was making, yes, there are divisions and debates in every religion. This is why I am pursuing a free course as I've tried to do, and I doubt I'll ever "sign off" again to an official religious body unless it truly embodies what works for me. I remain a seeker of peace still.

Thread Information