Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conversions of Hindus to Islam in Pakistan

Conversions of Hindus to Islam in Pakistan

http://tribune.com.pk/story/305697/s...slam-in-matli/

Another new convert Khan Muhammad, 45, said that no one in his family had converted to Islam. It is commonly believed that these people convert as they are unable to pay the debts they owe to their landlords. As the debts keep mounting, the landlords exploit them and force them to work on their lands as bonded labour. He admitted that he owed Rs60,000 in debt and the seminary had paid it off.

Bait-us-Salam patron Haji Bashir Kambho said that they had paid Rs311,000 for the seven families on Saturday.

It is saddens me to see people converting for money (In this case there might have been some social pressure too). Not that it not does happen in India. A lot of Indian Hindus convert to Christianity for the same reason. Also I have seen such conversions happen only among the Hindus. Maybe we have not been thought to respect our faith. Hope the Pakistani Hindu community does something to arrest this trend.
    Last edited by Yava Dari; 13 December 2011 at 09:19 AM.
    kuladalli keeLyavudO hucchhappa?
    matadalli mElyavudO?
    huTTi saayuva haaLu mansa mansaana madhye keeLyavudu melyavdO

Re: Conversions of Hindus to Islam in Pakistan

Let me pose a few questions and attempt some answers.

There is nothing new in what happens to Hindus around the world including India.

Are Xians/Muslims deceitful? Yes.

Is it fair that Muslims got a separate piece of homeland for themselves where non-Muslims are treated as 2nd class citizens? No.

Given that Muslims got a separate country in 1947, is it fair for a Prime Minister to go on record saying that "Muslims have the first right over India's resources"? No.

Is there double standards in India when it comes to the treatment of religions? Yes.

Is there constant bending over backward to appease Xians and Muslims? Yes.

Is there such a thing as "Hindu interest" that is recognized? No.

Since the answer to the above question is no, folks in the media and in society in general run around like headless chickens unable to reach a consensus on whether it is ok to ban Satanic Verses on one hand while allowing M.F. Hussain to paint Hindu Gods in the nude.

What is the solution? The only solution is a long term one. Every Hindu should be educated in what exactly is his cultural heritage and tradition. This includes learning a little bit about Hindu philosophy.

Is this possible? Not unless Hindus gain in self-confidence about their ancient philosophy and culture.

As long as we have a sinister cabal of JNU-educated elite media folks and self-styled (pseudo)secularists running the country and trying to run down Hinduism, Hindus will not gain in self-confidence.

Overall, is it a depressing time to be a Hindu? Yes.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post

Sadly yes.

If us Indian Hindus who are in such high numbers in India cannot gain self-confidence, I can't imagine the plight of the Pakistani Hindus. The Islamic republic has an entire system designed to destroy the Kaffir.
    kuladalli keeLyavudO hucchhappa?
    matadalli mElyavudO?
    huTTi saayuva haaLu mansa mansaana madhye keeLyavudu melyavdO

Namaste,

Unfortunately, the general population ignores this issue. It is a disgrace, but I can't come up with any solutions either.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
    Is this possible? Not unless Hindus gain in self-confidence about their ancient philosophy and culture.

And that's why I think the rise in interest for Hinduism from non-Indians is an important happening. Everytime a stranger admires something we're already familiar with we're pushed to cast a new point of view on that particular subject and then we begin to admire something we previously were indifferent to.

Vannakkam: Often these aren't real conversions, but simply for survival. Its quite hard to actually shift consciousness, especially from dharmic to Abrahamic, as it's a narrowing, rather than a growth. On the survival side, it's quite understandable. If some guy has a knife to my throat, (or a community says they will no longer support my business because I'm not one of them) I'd consider it.

Fortunately we have reincarnation. Who is to say that these poor souls having to tolerate a narrow way for a lifetime (it is karma, if I recall) won't be reborn in a place where religious freedom is a given. If it were me I'd be praying for that.

You can take the image of Hindu Gods out of the house, but you can't take them out of the mind.

As far as survival goes, the 'smart' tour driver in India may 'change' his religion with each new customer. Bigger tip at the end of the tour, family to support.

Aum Namasivaya

7. Re: Conversions of Hindus to Islam in Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: Often these aren't real conversions, but simply for survival.
    Most of the conversions were made for survivals but now the present generation of those are forcing others, forefathers of modern Christians were also Hindus, but accepting Adharm in any form makes the rise of Adharm.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Namaste,

It seems as if the entire country of Pakistan is bent on denigrating and destroying Hinduism. They are even corrupting the youth in schools by teaching hatred against Hindus: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501712_1...-hindu-hatred/

I hope and pray for the safety and well-being of our Hindu brothers and sisters in a land where Sanatana Dharma once flourished.

Jai Sri Ram
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

9. Re: Conversions of Hindus to Islam in Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna View Post
    Namaste,

It seems as if the entire country of Pakistan is bent on denigrating and destroying Hinduism. They are even corrupting the youth in schools by teaching hatred against Hindus: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501712_1...-hindu-hatred/

I hope and pray for the safety and well-being of our Hindu brothers and sisters in a land where Sanatana Dharma once flourished.

Jai Sri Ram
    I cannot read this, this is not new News and Muslims always hate their own forefathers. They call themselves Muslim Jat, Muslim Gujjars, Muslim Rajput, Muslim Mohyal etc but do not want to accept their forefather's faith in which they were rulers and many incarnations of different deities were born. This is all Kaliyug and Hindus or followers of Dharm are helpless, they will remain helpless until another warrior will raise, as Francois Gautier said "Hindus need another Shivaji"
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by PARAM View Post
    I cannot read this, this is not new News and Muslims always hate their own forefathers. They call themselves Muslim Jat, Muslim Gujjars, Muslim Rajput, Muslim Mohyal etc but do not want to accept their forefather's faith in which they were rulers and many incarnations of different deities were born. This is all Kaliyug and Hindus or followers of Dharm are helpless, they will remain helpless until another warrior will raise, as Francois Gautier said "Hindus need another Shivaji"
    First of all, we need to drop that "Kali Yuga" attitude. Blaming things on the Yugas is not going to fix anything.

Thread Information