Re: meda roga or obese

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    • amalaki
    • triphala
    • honey
    I am user of amalaki ( a+malaki - removing impurities) for general health. Triphala is a main stay offering of āyurveda
    Various uses of herbs in āyurveda can be reviewed here:
    http://www.banyanbotanicals.com/products.asp?dept=1044

Click on the herb name and it will inform you of the benefits.

praām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

I lost considerable weight since 2007 by removing some of the excessive sugar from diet. Then more recently I removed the rest of the excessive sugar and now excessive carbs.

Too much kapha is not good for my body, it makes me slow and dull, not conductive to good moods.

My main need however is not dietary, but I need to increase the amount of physical exercise I do.

In my case I also noticed how eating too much, specially sugar had a psychological reason. Sweetness is inside, not outside.

Hari Om!

I too have had much success with a diet very low in sugar. I disagree however about reducing carbs too much. The body runs off of them and without, in my experience, will feel sluggish and tired. In the past year I have lost in excess of 100 pounds and have improved my health 1000 fold. As I've mentioned previous, I have returned to the yogas that keep the mind, body and soul healthy. I am now a normal weight.

I agree with Sri Yajvan and his Ayurvedic suggestions of Triphala and Amla but never considered honey. I will certainly try it because of the other health benefits also associated with it. Thank-you for your ideas.

Also agree that physical activity is a must and one of my favorite verses from the gita applies - what may taste like nectar in the beginning is poison in the end (icecream and soda for me amongst other things along with almost no activity because I had zero energy) and what tastes like poison in the beginning (exercise, eating right) becomes nectar in the end. (Not the exact words mind you, but you get the idea, right?)

Probably another unpopular belief of mine, but I've felt that some people get obese because they need to get their attention, seeing something large is easier to draw the eye. They have neglected themselves to the point that they need so very much to pay attention to themselves, perhaps more than anything else.

Om Namah Sivaya
    Jai Hanuman!

Hari Om!

Another remedy that I have had some success with along the path at a previous time can be found at http://divyaproducts.com/index.php?d...&product_id=84

If anyone has used products from there, please comment. Especially is it is for this preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by c.smith View Post
    Hari Om!

I too have had much success with a diet very low in sugar. I disagree however about reducing carbs too much. The body runs off of them and without, in my experience, will feel sluggish and tired. In the past year I have lost in excess of 100 pounds and have improved my health 1000 fold. As I've mentioned previous, I have returned to the yogas that keep the mind, body and soul healthy. I am now a normal weight.

I agree with Sri Yajvan and his Ayurvedic suggestions of Triphala and Amla but never considered honey. I will certainly try it because of the other health benefits also associated with it. Thank-you for your ideas.

Also agree that physical activity is a must and one of my favorite verses from the gita applies - what may taste like nectar in the beginning is poison in the end (icecream and soda for me amongst other things along with almost no activity because I had zero energy) and what tastes like poison in the beginning (exercise, eating right) becomes nectar in the end. (Not the exact words mind you, but you get the idea, right?)

Probably another unpopular belief of mine, but I've felt that some people get obese because they need to get their attention, seeing something large is easier to draw the eye. They have neglected themselves to the point that they need so very much to pay attention to themselves, perhaps more than anything else.

Om Namah Sivaya
    Jai Hanuman!
    Well, the problem here is junk carbs, like pizzas and dumplings. This is junk!

Pizzas are just too rajasic and a person who loves them must be careful!

Obesity can be sometimes related to pathological introversion, fleeing from the world, hiding who you really are from the world. That's one possibility.

I have always been overweight since childhood and I am still overweight, but I have lost 50 pounds. It takes a lot of work to lose weight, diet and exercise are the most important steps. I don't put too much faith on magic potions, be it ayurvedic or otherwise, ultimately it comes down to calories in versus calories out. Although, anything taken to improve health is not a bad thing. I am now experimenting with fasting for weight loss. This approach gives more flexibility diet wise. There is an ayurvedic doctor in Amsterdam who recommends fasting for weight loss (which I read on her website), but there is also a lot of scientific research behind it.

Read this book: http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/Eat%20Stop%20Eat.pdf
    Last edited by Sahasranama; 31 December 2011 at 06:25 AM.

50 pound loss is impressive, what dietary changes did you make. Here in the USA even water only diet makes people fat. An overfed land without any question unlike Europe and Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    I have always been overweight since childhood and I am still overweight, but I have lost 50 pounds.

Read this book: http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/Eat%20Stop%20Eat.pdf

Hari Om

Namaste and hello to all,

Sahasranama, congratulations on your efforts!

Om Shanti

FFTW

Thread Information