Thread: Blonde Gods in Sacred Texts aka AIT in the House?

Exclamation Blonde Gods in Sacred Texts aka AIT in the House?

Im not an expert on Hindu Scriptures, im a newbie, so ill ask if there are really blonde gods in the texts or if its made up? I just know Indra is described as the one with "yellow hair and yellow beard" but its because "he is waxed in might", he dyes his hair blonde from soma juice. Indras skin is described as "gora" [yellowish-brown] and "brown and golden hued". "Golden Cheeked" [NOT white pale cheeked]. He is called Fair Skinned, but fair is relative because im fair compared to an african but compared to an swede im dark. English People used to call the gypsies yellow, which refers to their golden toned skin. Indeed many indians have an golden skin tone and the ones in the south are darker because of sun, lets say in kashmir,punjab and rajputana they would be fairer like golden toned. Agni is described as red [NOT AS WHITE] one passage reads "among the dark ones you shine forth red". Which white person has an red skin? the red skin is reddish-brown, with reddish hue, my uncle got a brown skin with reddish hue, i have red cheeks. On wikipedia i read Rudra got yellowish-white hair, but i was not able to find the passage in the texts, just that he got "braiden hair" BUT he is called the "tawny god" [tawny is light brown or brownish-orange] white people dont have brown skin, and maybe he dyes his hair with soma like Indra?

Anyone can help me to find more passages in reference to black hair and "gora" skin of the Gods and debunk the nordicist white supremacist racial theories?
    "[I]O Indra, lead us on the path of Rta, on the right path over all evils[/I]."
    [SIZE=1]--RV 10.133.6[/SIZE]

[B]When i look into the mirror i see india, the land of aryans, the craddle of civilization, the mother of all religions.[/B]

Re: Blonde Gods in Sacred Texts aka AIT in the House?

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Most , if not all, depictions of the devatā are for a reason...Let's look to kṛṣṇa. He is known also as keśava. This word is defined as having long, handsome flowing hair.

This word is not chosen haphazardly by the wise. If we look at its parts , we see the wisdom in the name:
    • keśava = k or ka + eśa or īśa + va
      • ka = brahmā
      • īśa = is a name of śiva; also meaning ruler, master.
      • va = varuṇa; in this case, the world means all enveloping sky; varuṇa is key in the veda, conidered the king of all , king of the universe.
    Who then is kṛṣṇa ? He is keśava ... brahmā + śiva + varuṇa , the Lord, master of the Universe.

praām
    Last edited by yajvan; 18 December 2011 at 01:33 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information