Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which book contains Krishna's life?

Re: Which book contains Krishna's life?

Hello lord ^^
    I got the Bhagavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran. And planing on getting the Upanishads. I like his translations.

I'm in 19 mins of the first video you linked and I had to ask this cause it's bugging me now lol... Is it written that Ganga (the woman) walked on water?

Update:
    completed the first ep and it's... Kinda disturbing but at the same time there's a good lession on the subject too.
    Just like that dude who promised that what ever comes out of his door he will send it as a burnt offering to god and it turned out to be his kid. Sad story but the teaching is very good. Think before you promise anything! >=(
    Last edited by Moonlight; 31 December 2011 at 05:04 AM.
    Religion = self idenity = entrapment,
    Only in silence will you find God.

Smile Re: Which book contains Krishna's life?

Narayaneeyam is a highly devotional text. The author, Sri Meppattur Narayana Bhattathiri, was cured of his Vatha Roga (rheumatism), attained great devotion and the vision of the Lord, by composing and singing Narayaneeyam in front of the Lord at the temple of Guruvayur.

There are eighteen main Purarnas, in the Hindu scriptures. The most important is Sreemad Bhagavatham. It has 18000 slokas. Narayaneeyam is a condensation of this vast Purana, and contains only 1036 slokas, with its philosophical and devotional contents intact.

http://www.narayaneeyam-firststep.org/index.html

рд░рддреНрдирд╛рдХрд░рдзреМрддрдкрджрд╛рдВ рд╣рд┐рдорд╛рд▓рдпрдХрд┐рд░реАрдЯрд┐рдиреАрдореН ред
    рдмреНрд░рд╣реНрдорд░рд╛рдЬрд░реНрд╖рд┐рд░рд░рддреНрдирд╛рдвреНрдпрд╛рдВ рд╡рдиреНрджреЗ рднрд╛рд░рддрдорд╛рддрд░рдореН рее

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Search for Historical Krishna is also a must read.

Thread Information