Namaste all,

It pains me in some ways to say this, and I know it will sound like 'blasphemy' to some. Not in the Abrahamic sense where you become an infidel, but in the sense where you become dissociated from a hefty part of your tradition.

It is in fact the whole idea of reincarnation which I have come to find less compelling in my case personally. I have not given up on it, yet. I still accept authoritative statements from Krsna in the Bhagavad Gita, among other places, that it is in fact true. But doubts have been creeping in my mind: what if it is not?

I have heard that in some strands of Buddhism, the moment after you die the Absolute Truth presents itself to you, and at that point, then and there, you can be liberated. This seems to cast the whole notion of endless cycles of birth and death (something which, admittedly, I've had trouble in the past accepting) in a negative light. It simply does not strike me as reasonable that any living entity could persist in his ignorance almost indefinitely.

I still do believe in a personal God, Krsna or Narayana, and this makes my doubts about reincarnation all the more ill-juxtaposed, one might say.

I do believe, and this is in my view beyond doubt, that there have been human incarnations with the knowledge impregnated into them of other persons. Whether they received such an intimation from close association with that personality in a pre-natal state, or if they accessed the "Akashic" record, I do not know. But of that I am quite confident of.