Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
Vannakkam Kismet: Nobody is wasting their time ... ever. The other day I had an odd subconscious dream ... it involved cold water, surfing, tipping boats, steering boats, and a bunch of other stuff in it. But also a former student was in it. One of those smart ones. So, out of curiousity I googled the name. She is now a doctor, and married. On the day after the wedding she shaved her head for a cancer benefit, and raised 19 000 dollars for cancer.

But ... back when she was either 11 or 12 she taught me that bandaids are racist. I have never seen bandaids in the same light again.

So we are all teachers, and we are all students.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste EM,

That's what I like to think too. That in a sense no effort is ever wasted. That we are on trajectories towards greater and greater knowledge and, eventually, bliss.

However, I wonder if this isn't a byproduct of the Western mindset which, as Alan Watts once said, is prone to finding a reason for all its doings, and is incapable of suffering pure spontaneity and a surrender to meaningless. That some things are in fact senseless and random in this great cosmic energy-play.