Thread: Jai Shri Krishna

Jai Shri Krishna

Namaste
    New member here from Southern California. I have been drawn to Hinduism since I was 10 years old (I chalk it up to a past life). After studying here and there for years and exploring various spiritual paths, at 29 I wish to follow the Sanatana Dharma.

This seems like a wonderful forum, and a perfect place to learn more about the spiritual practices of India free from the intimidation of aggressive fundamentalists or the watering down of new age hippies.
    I am happy to see in looking through the threads that the people on this forum seem respectful of one another, unlike other forums I have visited where members badger and disrespect one another over their interpretations of the Vedas or the Gita.

We should never forget that Sanatana Dharma teaches acceptance and compassion, and that "As the different streams having their sources in different places all mingle their water in the sea, so, O Lord, the different paths which men take through different tendencies, various though they appear, crooked or straight, all lead to Thee." -Vivekananda
    Thank you, God Bless.
    Jai Shri Krishna!
    Hari Om Tat Sat!

Re: Jai Shri Krishna

Namate Tao of Drew. welcome to the forum. May I ask what was the faith you were raised in.

Quote Originally Posted by tao_of_drew View Post
    Namaste
    New member here from Southern California. I have been drawn to Hinduism since I was 10 years old (I chalk it up to a past life). After studying here and there for years and exploring various spiritual paths, at 29 I wish to follow the Sanatana Dharma.

This seems like a wonderful forum, and a perfect place to learn more about the spiritual practices of India free from the intimidation of aggressive fundamentalists or the watering down of new age hippies.
    I am happy to see in looking through the threads that the people on this forum seem respectful of one another, unlike other forums I have visited where members badger and disrespect one another over their interpretations of the Vedas or the Gita.

We should never forget that Sanatana Dharma teaches acceptance and compassion, and that "As the different streams having their sources in different places all mingle their water in the sea, so, O Lord, the different paths which men take through different tendencies, various though they appear, crooked or straight, all lead to Thee." -Vivekananda
    Thank you, God Bless.
    Jai Shri Krishna!
    Hari Om Tat Sat!

Namaste tao_of_drew!

I hope you will find your experience here joyful and interesting.
    How can I put this in a sentence? Try next time.

Hari Om

Namaste and Welcome Tao of Drew,

I hope you enjoy your time here with us all on your most glorious path. Again, welcome.

Om Shanti.

FFTW

Namaste and welcome to HDF, tao_of_drew!
    Fully aware of the deficiency of my intelligence, I concentrate my attention on the son of Pavana,
    And humbly ask for strength, intelligence and true knowledge to relieve me of all painful blemishes.

Namaste to you all and thank you!
    To answer charitra's question, I was raised without a primary religion. My family is traditionally non-religious. Though they would identify as Christian, though they are non-practicing, do not attend any church, are open minded, and very skeptical. I think they would identify as Christian because that's just what you did in middle-America where/when they were raised. They do not push any Christian ideology however.
    My mother taught me to explore all beliefs, and to do so with open and skeptical mind. She herself has adopted a bit of a deist philosophy in her old age.
    She also introduced me to Joseph Campbell's Power of Myth at a young age, after I began to show an interest in Hinduism. That had a great impact on me.

Hari Om Tat Sat

Thread Information