praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Re: Enlightenment?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric11235 View Post
    Vannakam,

Over the last few weeks I have been practicing my own form of ablutions and rituals and I would like to know if any body has a functional definition of "Enlightenment" Cause I don't want to say I've attained it (I probably haven't)without a good definition.

Perhaps as a byproduct of recent illumination I have been feeling the energy of trees which is pleasurable but transitory. More apparent is realizing (to the extent that I can) God and feeling God's presence in absolutely everything. My inner peace has increased ten-fold and my desires are limited at the moment. I "see" god in everything now. But i'm fairly sure I haven't attained emancipation.

If anybody has these similar experiences please feel free to share. I am somewhat hesitant about this post because it may sound proud. I am aware that this vicissitude isn't forever(probably). But I am curious about the thing called "Enlightenment"

Namaste

Dear Eric,

Though this ‘successive alternation from the previous state’ is momentary, it certainly helps to direct your functional mind towards attaining the final goal.

As we are familiar, such a methodical way of directing one’s mind in search of the Real, is called Sadhana, or vaguely translated as “Spiritual Discipline.”

Let the seeking mind turn inwards and see for itself what substance assumed the form of the very seeking mind, that leads to a non dual experience, into this, become merged all philosophical understanding concerning the cause and nature of the world, all devotional and ritual observances, and all moral codes of human conduct. In this effulgence of wisdom, terminates all religiousness as well.

The more you try to get at the search for Reality, the more it becomes elusive, incomprehensible, and all inclusive, to be short, mysterious.

Then we start to ask ourselves “From where and how this world was originated? Who created it? Why was it done? Who am I” So and so..

So with all respect, I suggest you to learn Vedanta, which methodically moulds one to intuitively perceive the answers to all the questions above and enable the particular seeker to attain immortality in the Absolute sense. Good Luck and Love

Quote Originally Posted by Eric11235 View Post
    Vannakam,

Over the last few weeks I have been practicing my own form of ablutions and rituals and I would like to know if any body has a functional definition of "Enlightenment" Cause I don't want to say I've attained it (I probably haven't)without a good definition.

Perhaps as a byproduct of recent illumination I have been feeling the energy of trees which is pleasurable but transitory. More apparent is realizing (to the extent that I can) God and feeling God's presence in absolutely everything. My inner peace has increased ten-fold and my desires are limited at the moment. I "see" god in everything now. But i'm fairly sure I haven't attained emancipation.

If anybody has these similar experiences please feel free to share. I am somewhat hesitant about this post because it may sound proud. I am aware that this vicissitude isn't forever(probably). But I am curious about the thing called "Enlightenment"

Namaste
    Stop me if I'm wrong of course, this is only my interpretation. You do not say so explicitly, but it seems (though you understate it) you are avidly seeking enlightenment, and are wondering if you're pretty close? At the same time you are wondering if you can hold enlightenment in your hands as an object, something clear and distinct.

Your mind and your senses are expanding, I know no one in my personal life who strives for this and I deeply respect what you've undertaken, what started it, what drives it I do not know. I do know (well, who knows for sure?) believe this expansion is infinite, when are you done learning? Perhaps there is a line one crosses after a certain amount of expansion/insight has taken place and certain limitations fade, ignorance becomes transcended- is this is what one would call enlightenment? Tell me though, what about after that, should you continue to grow, experience new things, see that there is more to learn yet? Is there an enlightenment plus one, plus two, enlightenment 2.0 beta ?

Namaste,

As Swami Dayanand Saraswati Ji of Arsha Vidya said - "An enlightened person is an objective person".

Thread Information