Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hindu Bashing

Re: Indirectly Demeaning Article

Quote Originally Posted by Flowing Along View Post
    "
    I recently read that the German Govt is being asked to clear the names of innocent women they burnt as witches just three centuries ago. Now that is an example of religious institution- sanctioned atrocity.Would they clear the matter for people and apologise for the 300 year old atrocities? I doubt.
    Ahh... thats what you have read? The german govt. ignore crimes they have not comitted? Shock Horror! Must be foul play of the adharmic, christian hindu hating western governments

Maybe instead of caring whether the german government will clear the names of people murdered as witches by the christian Inquistors hundreds of years ago, you should spent a thought about what happens to witches today in this punya bhumi, the home of sanatana dharma, the religion of truth, in the name of this very religion and of hindu society, with the help of village elders and the local panchayats and local village priesthood-shamans?

Hundreds of woman that are murdered and tortured because they are judged to be witches in India every year nowadays in even one province only!

According to you this can´t even be blamend on any aryan vs tribal culture rift, since this is invented by the "anti hindu" western scholars.

I don´t know why Hindus need any of these "anti hindus" to destroy the dharma, you do that job yourself much better without any foreign aid.

According to the Free Legal Aid Committee, which seeks punishment for such attacks, 536 women have been slain in the last 10 years in just two districts of Bihar, India's witch-killing hub. Unofficial estimates say at least 200 women are killed as witches across India each year.

But many cases go unreported in remote areas of Bihar, an eastern state where the Ho and Santhal tribes live. These clans lived for centuries in deep forests, surviving on its produce and taking little from the outside world. They hunt with bows, worship nature and swear loyalty to the village headman.

Women accused of witchcraft are dragged into the forest and hacked, hanged or burned to death. Heads of children have been smashed on rocks. Even nonfatal cases are ghastly. Women suffer smashed teeth, shaved heads or chopped-off breasts. Others have been forced to eat excrement or to strip and walk naked through villages.

http://articles.latimes.com/2000/sep/17/news/mn-22369

Unidentified attackers hacked to death five villagers accused of practicing witchcraft in northeastern India, officials said Tuesday.
    The deaths take the toll of people believed to have been killed over sorcery allegations to at least nine in the past two weeks in a remote part of Assam state, where many indigenous tribes believe in witchcraft.
    More than 150 people have been killed in the northeast in the past five years after being accused of practicing witchcraft or sorcery.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1918803.shtml

and so on....

do a google search on Witch hunt india if you like these kind of stories.
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 15 January 2012 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MahaHrada View Post
    According to the Free Legal Aid Committee, which seeks punishment for such attacks, 536 women have been slain in the last 10 years in just two districts of Bihar, India's witch-killing hub. Unofficial estimates say at least 200 women are killed as witches across India each year.

But many cases go unreported in remote areas of Bihar, an eastern state where the Ho and Santhal tribes live. These clans lived for centuries in deep forests, surviving on its produce and taking little from the outside world. They hunt with bows, worship nature and swear loyalty to the village headman.

Women accused of witchcraft are dragged into the forest and hacked, hanged or burned to death. Heads of children have been smashed on rocks. Even nonfatal cases are ghastly. Women suffer smashed teeth, shaved heads or chopped-off breasts. Others have been forced to eat excrement or to strip and walk naked through villages.

http://articles.latimes.com/2000/sep/17/news/mn-22369

Unidentified attackers hacked to death five villagers accused of practicing witchcraft in northeastern India, officials said Tuesday.
    The deaths take the toll of people believed to have been killed over sorcery allegations to at least nine in the past two weeks in a remote part of Assam state, where many indigenous tribes believe in witchcraft.
    More than 150 people have been killed in the northeast in the past five years after being accused of practicing witchcraft or sorcery.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1918803.shtml

and so on....

do a google search on Witch hunt india if you like these kind of stories.
    No us Hindus, don't want to hear about our shortcomings and barbarism that still go unchecked. If something is wrong there must be a white or a christian, sometimes sitting few thousand miles away from the scene of crime, who is responsible.

Bihar & UP have a particularly good reputation with these things. Most of the time this is a ploy to rob women of their properties or done by other enemies - but there is nothing like religious superstition to drum up support for personal greed among the others.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

That is some disturbing stuff, it shows that there is a lot of superstition in tribal areas (or at least superstition is used as an excuse for personal gain).

No us Hindus, don't want to hear about our shortcomings and barbarism that still go unchecked. If something is wrong there must be a white or a christian, sometimes sitting few thousand miles away from the scene of crime, who is responsible.
    I agree that this is an easy scape goat, but it depends on the situation who is to blame.
    Last edited by Sahasranama; 15 January 2012 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post

Bihar & UP have a particularly good reputation with these things. Most of the time this is a ploy to rob women of their properties or done by other enemies - but there is nothing like religious superstition to drum up support for personal greed among the others.
    The "I am the victim" and if anything is wrong "let´s blame someone else" game is what todays hindu society is fairly good at, and not only at the tribal level, on the political, social, within hindu activism everywhere, just look at the recent quite well organised smear campaign or "witch hunt" of hindu groups against western yoga and yogis , some people began throwing stones not only at Westerners but even at open minded formerly respected indian teachers like Iyengar.

The moral rule coming from those that identify themselves too loud as "true Hindus" in todays indian society seems to be at the moment: if you are not good at anything yourself and have no constructive ideas that would be respected, you still have the option to trample down others to get on top.

Some hindus really know the magic formula of how to turn their allies to enemies and make enemies their friends.

The funny thing is first these people indulge in hard core smear campaigns against their friends and allies when they see the result is not too friendly-surprise surprise ! and people don´t bother to throw more $ after them, they play the victim card as Rampuri baba did recently when uninvited.
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 15 January 2012 at 08:13 AM.

What happened with Rampuri Baba?

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    What happened with Rampuri Baba?
    New york kumbh mela cancelled no $$$ my guess is only perverts pay to be insulted.

That sounds like a joke, a kumbh mela in new york.

http://notnewyork.org/2011/04/25/sad...-super-sacred/

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    That sounds like a joke, a kumbh mela in new york.

http://notnewyork.org/2011/04/25/sad...-super-sacred/
    Of course Kumbh mela in New york is a joke, it is only possible at the banks of Mother Tamas in Londinium, England.

Hmm i am posting in HDF so probably i have to add a

Would they go skinny dipping too?

Namaste MahaHrada, SM

Ahh... thats what youhave read? The german govt. ignore crimes they have not comitted? Shock Horror!Must be foul play of the adharmic, christian hindu hating western governments

This angry outburst puts words in to other people's message reply box .Butmeans very little otherwise.

Where have I used words such as you say I'd use [ Adarmic, anti-Hindu etcetc] or logic like " They did that, not me?"

No where.

Why no word on the idea on what I say in the beginning itself -the basic difference between religion-sanctionedevils and social evils the latter one that has been fought against well byHindu social reformers since a century -they dared to defy existing socialnorms at grave personal risk?

Narayana Guru, Ayya Vaikuntar, Subramania Bharathi.

Pls google about them and read.

No us Hindus, don'twant to hear about our shortcomings and barbarism that still go unchecked. Ifsomething is wrong there must be a white or a christian, sometimes sitting fewthousand miles away from the scene of crime, who is responsible.

If it is proved the perpetrators of these horrible crimes are Hindus to "uphold Hindusim or whatever ,what good Hinduwould justify this? I won’t. What makes you think I would? Where have I saidthese crimes have white, Christians behind them?

What I see here from both my brothers is an angry reaction that's all.

The same angry reaction you accuse someone of baselessly, without reading ,or thinking over their response.

Pls read this carefully.

I started my comment about the difference between religion sanctioned evils and social evils.

And gave as an example, pls note , an example , the German one where evenafter centuries it is hard for people to accept the wrongs of the past so as tomove on.

We choose to believe what our media says never mind they have been actingquite funny since 10 years , those Indian media watchers of any belief sytemknow this.

They throw around stories that'd put any fiction writer to shame and when itis proved wrong they never apologise or make amends.

THey arent accountable to anyone .We never show the same anger that I seehere in this response to me towards theirlack of ethics .

But if it is true , I won’t blame unconnected others for thisand will expect law to punish the perpetrators of the crime only.

I am making my stand very clear. The original poster laments the gory crimeas well as the labeling of a large religious group that doesn’t think as ablock. I go with that opinion

Hope you can see the logic this time.

By MH
    "
    "The "I am the victim" and ifanything is wrong "let´s blame someone else" game is what todayshindu society is fairly good at, and not only at the tribal level, on thepolitical, social, within hindu activism everywhere, just look at the recentquite well organised smear campaign or "witch hunt" of hindu groupsagainst western yoga and yogis , some people began throwing stones not only atWesterners but even at open minded formerly respected indian teachers likeIyengar.

The moral rule coming from those that identify themselves too loud as"true Hindus" in todays indian society seems to be at the moment: ifyou are not good at anything yourself and have no constructive ideas that wouldbe respected, you still have the option to trample down others to get on top.

Some hindus really know the magic formula of how to turn their allies toenemies and make enemies their friends.

The funny thing is first these people indulge in hard core smear campaignsagainst their friends and allies when they see the result is not toofriendly-surprise surprise ! and people don´t bother to throw more $ afterthem, they play the victim card as Rampuri baba did recently when uninvited".

Wrong .The Hindu society is not good atthis at all. They aren’t half good at listing out the injustices they suffer,as they are scared of tirades like these.

This is a lot of bashing, that is not atall relevant to the issue I point.
    Plsread , I summarise.

1.Any social evil In India [ consideringthis sudden spate of witch hunt news is true] is blamed on Hinduism when anydecent Hindus would want the criminals punished. Even for arguments sake if we believepeople cry “ me victim, me victim” nosensible Govt. would/should bow down to their pressure tactics. No centralauthority /religious math would mess with the law of the land.

2. It is sometimes hard for Governments of developed nationsto think freely as we live in sensitive times.I wanted to point that out , if it is hard for developed nations, India is not a mature democracy yet and the Governing party is in power thanks to many smaller parties and this makes their job harder. but many Govts are making sincere efforts and we see the examples throughout History. The Western World has made great strides in protecting individual rights.. As an ordinaryHindu I am the first to applaud when I see this happening .Still a lot needs to be done.

Finally why all this self –loathing ?

3.What Hindu groups are holding candle light vigils topressure Govt in to not taking action on criminals because they are Hindu? Ifthey are, be upset with them .Pressurise Govt to deliver justice without bendingdown to religion groups if the situation comes to that.

I also mentioned about early “ interventions” with tribals ,apparently this doesn’t interest you enough to think or analyse why we see manysuch reports suddenly and why in these states ?

Loka Samasta Sukhino Bhavanthu

Flowing Along

Thread Information