Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arjuna's dilemma

Re: Arjuna's dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaskar,

Okay, I somewhat understand that, self is eternal so when some loved dies we should not grieve. But what about the lost relationship with that person for that lifetime? What about the lost memories? .
    Very serious dharmic dilemma indeed, no easy answer I guess. Preventive measure lokks some what plausible- Just be cold and dont get too close to too many beings? Just love people generically and not develop any new relationships close to heart ? Larger the number of friends greater the hurt, some one or the other will die or get hurt oneway or the other.

namaste charitra,

Quote Originally Posted by charitra View Post
    Just be cold and dont get too close to too many beings? Just love people generically and not develop any new relationships close to heart ?
    Yes, I have read much about detatchment but honestly the idea doesn't jive with me. Why are we emotional beings if we were meant to live with detatchment? Even a dog learns attachment and attaches itself to its owner and the owner is supposed to live with no attachment? What are we, stones?
    satay

Hari Om

Namaste and greetings to all.

Do not think we need to be stones, nor does detachment mean coldness, or renunciation necessarily mean being a robot. Who wants this? What good would anyone be for other beings if like this? If Sanatana Dharma means this, than do not wish for this.

These most benevolently posted thoughts, beloved scriptures, and sadhana tell me different.

Day of passing of loved one can be most happy and most sad day. Not some absolute. Like a moving dash on a continuum. Happy for what has been discussed on thread and at very innermost core of our beliefs. Sad, because we are emotional beings, we loved this portion as they interacted with us, and miss.... and miss.... Do not think Sanatana Dharma precludes grieving, it is natural. I think it permits it. I think it helps us put it, when time, in balance, so it diminishes quicker, we get perspective quicker as it is right as individual, and we get our Self perspective back quicker and are not as self absorbed and as selfish and are more benefit to all, to our Dharma. Sanatana Dharma does not tell us to be cold and unfeeling. Subjectively, it blesses us with perspective.

Thank so much for the posters.

Om Shanti

FFTW
    Last edited by Friend from the West; 18 January 2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: add word

Thread Information