Thread: Are my being selfish?

Are my being selfish?

I'm loving this spiritual journey I'm taking and I'm learning so much and I would love to reach the supreme Goal in this life time. But what I don't want is the golden age to happen cause it would take away my self discovery. It's like when I was under my mums belief when I was little and when Christmas would come I would pray to god not to change the world cause I want my gifts.

So is this selfish of me for not wanting something that may happen which the world is crying for? 
    Religion = self idenity = entrapment,
    Only in silence will you find God.

Re: Are my being selfish?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    I'm loving this spiritual journey I'm taking and I'm learning so much and I would love to reach the supreme Goal in this life time. But what I don't want is the golden age to happen cause it would take away my self discovery. It's like when I was under my mums belief when I was little and when Christmas would come I would pray to god not to change the world cause I want my gifts.
    There there. I think you should slow down a little in your thought process. Is a Golden Age first off even going to occur? Some have said so. Is it guaranteed? Well, let's say we are entering in a new Age. This is good no? Something my spiritual teacher said is, there is no loss in spiritual life, only gain.

Are you worried that you will have too many attachments that your goal will not be reached? Well, my take is, if you are even in that state of mind, where you believe you will be tricked, you are not yet on that high path. If you truly have one-pointed attention towards returning to Godhead, or uniting with Brahman, then you needn't fear external allurements because you have already scorned and put them past you. If you have not, then its better to reassess. In other words, 'check yourself.'

So is this selfish of me for not wanting something that may happen which the world is crying for?
    My recommendation as of now is... don't think so much of what the world needs, but of what YOU need. Once you know who YOU are, then you can know what's best for the entire world.
    How can I put this in a sentence? Try next time.

Hi kismet ^^

I think what I'm worried about is not reaching that enlightendment state before the golden age where everyone will reach that state in one go. I don't know lol... It's like I wana experience all the spiritual stuff in this yuga.

Are you worried that you will have too many attachments that your goal will not be reached?
    It's not the attachment. 

Ah here's an analogy!
    Your about to solve a puzzle and your so close in solving it till someone comes and tells you the answer. 

That's how I picture the golden age.
    Also with all the hype by the new agers saying 21st dec is the golden age and showing evidence to support it. 

It's like I wana awaken the kundalini and experience amazing stuff, but it would take years to reach that state.

I'll just continue what I'm doing and see how things goes ^^ 
    sorry for the useless post.

I'm loving this spiritual journey I'm taking and I'm learning so much and I would love to reach the supreme Goal in this life time. But what I don't want is the golden age to happen cause it would take away my self discovery. It's like when I was under my mums belief when I was little and when Christmas would come I would pray to god not to change the world cause I want my gifts.

take it from me, it is impossible to become enlightened without self discovery, even in a golden age. i fully expect the golden age to occur because of selfish people like yourself who are willing to do the work to become self realized, to raise kundalini, to sit through samadhi all the way to purusha and then receive final enlightenment by your efforts.

-dale

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by FutureHumanDestiny View Post
    take it from me, it is impossible to become enlightened without self discovery, even in a golden age. i fully expect the golden age to occur because of selfish people like yourself who are willing to do the work to become self realized, to raise kundalini, to sit through samadhi all the way to purusha and then receive final enlightenment by your efforts.
    No matter what your efforts the Self realizes itSelf by ItSelf... but what does that mean , do nothing ? This would be an incorrect accessment.
    What we do is prepare. Just like the farmer prepares the soil. Does he really grow anything ? Nope - nature does all the work and the farmer thinks he was really the author of the harvest.

But he plants the seed - who made the seed ?
    But he waters - where does the water come from ?
    He fertilizes - who is responsible for the 'intake' of nutrients into the plant ?
    He tills the soil with his own hands - and where did that energy in his body arise from ?

It is our ~duty~ to prepare.

praām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

hi ^^

Sorry for the silly post. It's all exciting learning new things and I'm like collecting all theses great teachings into a bag and want to work on them all and become one with the supreme. It's like saying "ah please don't force me to become one with you, I wish to earn my way to you" which is why I'm worried that if the golden age comes sooner it will be a forced spiritual experience. I want to earn it and not just giving it to me.  like giving pocket money to a kid who didn't really earned it. 

It is our ~duty~ to prepare.
    totally, that's what I want to do.

Edit:
    Dudes! This is amazing lol... I just got the Upanishads today and just read a verse from lord Yama saying:

"the Self cannot be known through study of the scriptures, nor intellect, nor through hearing discourses about it, 
    The Self can be attained only by those whom the Self chooses. Verily unto them does the Self reveal himself."
    2:23 

In the verses above it talks about meditation.

I've been to busy looking at scriptures and seeking enlightment through them but it's not enough. Only way is
    through meditation.  
    Last edited by Moonlight; 18 January 2012 at 05:31 AM.

Vannakkam:

One of the things I notice is patience versus impatience. Reincarnation is fact. Once that comes through in meditation, via the learned, via scripture, or otherwise, patience is a natural outcome.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information