Thread: scriptures urges all to attain immortality

scriptures urges all to attain immortality

You can not be a Christian unless you attained the Holy Spirit. (also known as Sophia) 

You can not be a Gnostic unless you attained Gnosis. 

You can not be a Buddhist unless you attained nirvana.

You can not be a Taoist unless you reached Tao.

Now let's spice this up with my favorite verse from the Upanishads 

"the Self cannot be known through study of the scriptures, nor intellect, nor through hearing discourses about it, 
    The Self can be attained only by those whom the Self chooses. Verily unto them does the Self reveal himself."
    Upanishad 2:23    

Now just add:
     Holy Spirit,Gnosis,Nirvana,Tao and the message is still the same.

And then we go to the rig vedas which says "There is One Truth but the wise know it by many names"

I love how it's all connected but it's a shame many don't see it like I do. Like Christians separated themselves from  the world of spirituality even though Proverbs urges them to seek wisdom (Sophia) 

It's the path that all must attained and yet alot of people follow others like sheeps. All scriptures are telling us to seek the supreme goal and be immortal.   

It is said in Proverbs that wisdom (Sophia) is the tree of life: 

"She is a tree of life to those who embrace her"

brahman is also the tree of life and so is shiva and so many others! Can't you see the pattern here?

It's amazing that even the bible talks about attaining immortality through a devine being. The Gnostics really knew what they were talking about 2,000 years ago it's amazing.

We are one!    

Edit:

Also isn't it intresting how once you attain this supreme oneness all your past sins are removed? 

Know how Jesus is pose to remove all sins of the world? (well it doesn't really removes all sins.. Big error on that part) 
    Here's a verse from the book of Thomas

Jesus said, "I am in all things; yet I am beyond all things. Not through seeking will you find me, but through peace of mind.” book of Thomas

Again this Is the same with Krishna,brahman.shiva and so many others! Once you connect to your beloved your past sins will be removed.

Storys are repeating itself over and over through out history. 
    Last edited by Moonlight; 20 January 2012 at 09:42 AM.
    Religion = self idenity = entrapment,
    Only in silence will you find God.

Re: scriptures urges all to attain immortality

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    Now let's spice this up with my favorite verse from the Upanishads

"the Self cannot be known through study of the scriptures, nor intellect, nor through hearing discourses about it, The Self can be attained only by those whom the Self chooses. Verily unto them does the Self reveal himself."
    Upanishad 2:23
    Please note that this does not suggest one should not study . It is much deeper the then words that are offered.

It is knowledge and experience that brings one to the proper understanding of the Supreme. Yet it is the Supreme's Self-referral quality that gives us that final experience of liberation.

praām
    Last edited by yajvan; 21 January 2012 at 10:47 AM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Hiyajvan =]

Yea I understood that later on when it went to this girl who knew all the Vedas and other stuff but didn't know the Self so she went to a sage for some help.

It's like dogen (zen master) he wouldn't of gained enlightenment if he didn't have the knowledge of it and his learnings were from the teachings of the Buddha, Then after that he did his own path to help others.

4. Re: scriptures urges all to attain immortality

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    Hi yajvan =]

Yea I understood that later on when it went to this girl who knew all the Vedas and other stuff but didn't know the Self so she went to a sage for some help.

It's like dogen (zen master) he wouldn't of gained enlightenment if he didn't have the knowledge of it and his learnings were from the teachings of the Buddha, Then after that he did his own path to help others.
    Buddha himself learned from Hindu Acharyas, Upnishads are our scripture to learn the Vedic time.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Hi param ^^

Buddha himself learned from Hindu Acharyas, Upnishads are our scripture to learn the Vedic time.
    exactly! 

It also looks like some people took the work of sages and used it for there own beliefs like in Proverbs in the bible.

According to wiki:

"Book of Proverbs
    Some old material from the ancient sages, some later material from the 6th century BCE or later, some material borrowed from the ancient Egyptian text called the Instructions of Amenemopet"

Which explains why so many religions seems to be talking about the same spiritual wisdom but with different names. 

Its like martal arts in away. So many styles but it's all the same and some people fight on who's art is better or the strongest.

Thread Information