Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Techno' Rave Church Service

Re: Techno' Rave Church Service

Hari Om,

Namaste,

With the exception of Touched By The Lord's, first paragraph "It was the RCC's answer to Peter, Paul and Mary (pun intended) to draw the younger people.", all so disconcerting.

With Indraneela's "And it saddens me to see creative, faithful people having to pull from popular culture, to express and interpret what their own liturgies cannot."

and what Sahasranama reports, only worse. I think we are all on same path, looooooooong term, and this dynamic seems to me, to not only impact those who participate, but others as well, in their path, in what could be adverse manner.

Om Shanti Om

FFTW

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Hindu organisations are also starting to use these techniques. Just look at most dipavali celebrations which have become a far cry from worshipping Lakshmi devi.
    Only one problem with your statement - these are not Hindu "Organizations". Hindus have no Organizations, zero. Ok, there are some, but they are nothing like church and mostly centered around their own sectarian greedy/fake leaders.

Hindus do these festivals on their own accord sometimes at local community level by gathering community resources. It is not a church like organization trying to attract or retain believers, but people deciding to celebrate their cultural festivals in less and less traditional way.

I think the two are slightly different things, at least for me since for me the main issue is not about tradition, but about societal and organizational.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Friend from the West View Post
    I think we are all on same path, looooooooong term
    No we are not on the same path. But we are same - we are human. On contrary to what you say the human unity is not in these paths (or their destination) we curve for ourselves conditioned by culture, space & time from birth to our death - but what we could have been (what we actually are) outside the confines of these so called paths.

Sorry for digressing. I know it sounds like Liberal Humanism, but can't help, it is what it is.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    Only one problem with your statement - these are not Hindu "Organizations". Hindus have no Organizations, zero. Ok, there are some, but they are nothing like church and mostly centered around their own sectarian greedy/fake leaders.

Hindus do these festivals on their own accord sometimes at local community level by gathering community resources. It is not a church like organization trying to attract or retain believers, but people deciding to celebrate their cultural festivals in less and less traditional way.

I think the two are slightly different things, at least for me since for me the main issue is not about tradition, but about societal and organizational.
    In the west there are a lot of small Hindu organisations. They are not like the organisations in India which are centered around certain guru figures, but more like HAF type of organisations. Mostly, these small scale organisations are not concerned about converting new members, but they are trying hard to attract Hindu youth to religious celebrations and they are using pop culture in a similar way as in Chrisitanity. It's not on the same scale as in Christianity, but I think it's going to catch on. Like EM's story about the church offering hayrides to attract people, I have seen Hindu organisations offering disco parties after the pooja.
    Last edited by Sahasranama; 26 January 2012 at 06:14 AM.

5. Re: Techno' Rave Church Service

This is true by even Hindu political parties like Shiv Sena and BJP, but these are the only options left for Hindu hearts to do something for Dharma. Some sects are still involved in the great way of Dharma Prasar and their call is more near to Dharma.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Thread Information