Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can Pranayama awaken kundalini?

Can Pranayama awaken kundalini?

namaste ^_^

i've been reserching for ways to awaken the Self and gain knowledge and I came across Pranayama.

If I use the sexual energy and concentrate on the energy going up to the root of the nose, filling the brain with energy, and then on the exhale going down to the heart. Will that ativate the kundalini?   
    Religion = self idenity = entrapment,
    Only in silence will you find God.

Re: Can Pranayama awaken kundalini?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    namaste ^_^

i've been reserching for ways to awaken the Self and gain knowledge and I came across Pranayama.

If I use the sexual energy and concentrate on the energy going up to the root of the nose, filling the brain with energy, and then on the exhale going down to the heart. Will that ativate the kundalini?
    Vannakkam Moonlight: I'm certainly no expert, but I do have a question. It might help with any response by me or anyone. Why is is you want to awaken kundalini?

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,
    If I use the sexual energy and concentrate on the energy going up to the root of the nose, .......... Will that ativate the kundalini?
    Dogs can get their sexual energy to the root of their noses without any concentration.
    Sorry could not resist. It has been that kind of a day.
    Back to the serious discussion.

Pranam.

hi eastern mind ^^

It's not kundalini I'm after but the gnosis/knowledge. I'm guessing that kundalini can also get to that state where knowledge shows up but I might be wrong. I'm after the Self and looking for methords to wake it up inside. The breathing methord feels like i'm still attached to myself cause my focus is on the belly breathing as well as on the breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

Dogs can get their sexual energy to the root of their noses without any concentration.
    Sorry could not resist. It has been that kind of a day.
    Back to the serious discussion.

Pranam.
    lol

hi eastern mind ^^

It's not kundalini I'm after but the gnosis/knowledge. I'm guessing that kundalini can also get to that state where knowledge shows up but I might be wrong. I'm after the Self and looking for methords to wake it up inside. The breathing methord feels like i'm still attached to myself cause my focus is on the belly breathing as well as on the breath.

lol
    Vannakkam: It is my understanding (it won't be shared by all) that kundalini rising is a natural occurrence once certain conditions have been satisfied, and it will just happen at that time in a natural way. Trying to force it to happen prior to that could lead to problems.
    The pre-conditions (again, only in my view) are things like virtuous living, restraint, and practise of dharma (as its summarized in yamas and niyamas, and elsewhere). Until then there may be temporary risings, but what we want for permanent gain is slow and steady, not sudden. Something like the turtle and the hare analogy. We want to be the turtle.

Aum Namasivaya

I listened to a 2 hour gnostic lecture and they pretty much said the same thing. The speaker was saying how the divine mother (kundalini) will not rise unless her child (us) is out of the way and that we must work on our selfs and our egoistic behavour's ect. But does this also apply to the self-relization? 

I listened to a 2 hour gnostic lecture and they pretty much said the same thing. The speaker was saying how the divine mother (kundalini) will not rise unless her child (us) is out of the way and that we must work on our selfs and our egoistic behavour's ect. But does this also apply to the self-relization?
    Vannakkam: Self-realisation, as I've been finding out lately, also has different viewpoints. Some people believe it can be done through book reading. I don't.
    So again, you may get different views.

With different views, all I can say is that you have to sort them out by asking, "Which makes the most sense to me?" on a more intuitive personal level. That's the self-inquiry process so unique to Hinduism. Same thing for reading various commentaries of texts, practices, which sampradaya to follow, if any, and more.

My understanding of it (Self-realisation) is in a far deeper way. It's when kundalini itself breaks through, or stays in the Sahaswara chakra at the top of the head, and more. So its deeply mystical, and in retrospect, I thing Self was a poor choice of words because it gets so confused with the other self as in myself. the ego. Here is a link to how I understand it. You have to scroll down a bit for the description.

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/reso..._self_god.html

I hope this is of some use to you. (Just to clarify, I don't really understand it, for that you have to have 'done' it. )

Aum Namasivaya

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté

We know that prāṇa is part of our daily life support. This breathing is called prāṇāna प्राणन- breathing, respiration.

Some also may practice prāṇāyāma - the ultimate extension is perfect balance, the center or mādhya, of breath-and-no-breath.

If you wish to know more of this, this HDF string may be of use:
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3911

As a wind drives away smoke and impurities from the atmosphere, prāṇāyām drives away impurities from the body and mind - B.K.S. Iyengar

praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste,

I have found this video to be inspirational, you may find it also to be of interest.

Gopi Krishna.

I have recently acquired a book written by him, I have not yet read it.

I am working on my breathing for singing, my two nostrils now remain clear throughout the day due to well being, with one slightly congesting to allow the other two breath with the proses reversing at regular intervals, how ever when I sing they both close slightly. Any ideas anyone, your thoughts will be appreciated?

I need to find a technique for this, perhaps prAnAyAma will help me.

I have been thinking also of the breathing technique used when playing a wind instrument, for circular breathing. This technique allows the musician to play continuously with out stopping for breath!

I hope you find wisdom in the video, other than that just some random thoughts aired.

praNAma

mana

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté
    Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    Some also may practice prāṇāyāma - the ultimate extension is perfect balance, the center or mādhya, of breath-and-no-breath.
    When the mantra is perfectly-well recited, the grand multitude of
    mantra-s and mudra-s immediately appear before him i.e. they become
    favorable to him, the practitioner - parā-trīśikā vivaraṇa, 11th and 12th kārakā ( or verse)

Now one must ask what is the grand multitude of mantra-s and mudra-s ?
    For now let's say they're siddha's but we must leave this for the uttara folder as an advanced idea.

But what of this one key phrase , perfecty-well recited ? This is sayak¹ uccāra. That is,spontaneous movement of the mantra within
    and
    the union with the breath that leads to realization. It is absorption i.e. smārta¹. constant (innocent) attention on the mantra.

praṇām

words

• saṃyak uccāra ( we may also see this as saṃyaṅ)
      • saṃ+ya+ṅ - together with or undisturbed + joined + ṅ, which intensifies 'ya'.
      • uccāra - utterance
    • smārta relating to memory; from smṛ , to recall
    Last edited by yajvan; 15 February 2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: corrected proper resource of parā-trīśikā vivaraṇa
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information