Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What did you just eat?

What did you just eat?

Vannakkam:

Maybe this will help in a practical way for vegetarians or those trying to become vegetarians.

Lunch: I nuked a bit of rice and tomato curry I made yesterday. Then my daughter and I each made separate bowl sized salads ... spinach, tomato, raw cauliflower, canned black olives, cucumber, and then a dressing of some sort from the fridge. Too easy, but it worked.

Aum Namasivaya

Re: What did you just eat?

Namasté,

Excellent idea, EM!

I'm not much of an inspiration on this front today; have you ever purchased a salad dressing that didn't "match" the salad you were eating?

I just had a simple salad of mixed baby greens and shredded cheese, topped with Whole Foods' "Sesame Goddess" dressing. The bitter greens and sweet-ish cheddar did not mesh at all with the vinegar/sesame bite of the dressing. I ate it, but with more endurance than enjoyment, unfortunately.

This is what I get for not following my usual Pūrnīmā fast.

However, breakfast this morning was a Fuji apple with fresh-ground peanut butter, and snack was a spoonful of peanut butter and a dill pickle spear. And tomorrow will bring local strawberries with Creole cream cheese. YUM.

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Quote Originally Posted by Indraneela View Post
    Namasté,

Excellent idea, EM!

I'm not much of an inspiration on this front today; have you ever purchased a salad dressing that didn't "match" the salad you were eating?

Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.
    Vannakkam: I wouldn't know. I just eat anything. Mix and match whatever, and I'm fine. Rice and curry, then a dill pickle, then an apple. Then go out for chocolate ice cream. It's like going to a potluck and being blindfolded around here.

Aunm Namasivaya

Hari Om!

Today is an easy day for me. Fast for Lord Hanuman until sundown, then a simple Poha for dinner. I don't use the onion that the recipe calls for but hing instead, just a pinch does the trick.

http://indianfood.about.com/od/sides...ads/r/poha.htm

Jai Hanuman!

Home made Spanish Rice!

With vegetarian beans covered with hispanic asagio cheeses, chives with sourcream and large flour tortillas.

Then we get some flour tortillas....fresh provolone cheese....

Take two tortillas, place the cheese between and then grill or fry with a tiny bit of veggie oil. Quesadillas!

Garnished with fresh lime wedges and diced grape tomatoes.

One of the best meals ever<3

Quote Originally Posted by NayaSurya View Post

Take two tortillas, place the cheese between and then grill or fry with a tiny bit of veggie oil. Quesadillas!
    Vannakkam: We used to do that. But when I discovered gluten sensitivity, well, at least with the wheat ones, it changed. Can't get really good corn tortillas here.

Tonight ... beet curry from frozen beets from last year's garden, mung dal with cauliflower, Thai red rice, plain curd, and half a tomato ... we usually have curry like this about 3 times a week.

Aum Namasivaya

Namasté,

I want to eat with you people! Then again, food's nothing to complain about here; I'm back in New Orleans for the next three weeks and just finished a dinner of red beans and rice.

(Little family story with the meal: I'm staying with my parents during this trip. They had portions of meat for themselves and, simply out of hospitality, my dad offered me a piece. My mom jumped in, "No, hon, she'll go to hell or something if she eats that!" Bless them, they try to understand!)

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Hari Om

Namaste,

Good gosh, Indraneela's had me rolling and thinking. Before dad passed over, my sister and family were up from Florida. Sorry for this, they brought dolphin up with them. My dad used to think I was offending mom for my eating habits and would voice this. This is what I knew from him on this subject.

My niece, young at the time, had a fork and sung the flipper t.v. show theme song as she put fork towards me. My dad said, Quit that, he doesn't want to hurt it!

Bless them indeed. Thank you for this.

Om Shanti

FFTW

I had some fried rice with soy sauce and veggies with bananas dipped in batter and then fried (this is a different type of banana used for cooking). Later I had a quark smoothie with frozen blueberries, raspberries and some protein powder and ground flaxseeds.

I have bough some ingredients at the organic health food store to make pizza for tomorrow. I heard from Pietro that it will help with kundalini movement.

*Whole wheat crust
    *Tomato sauce
    *Pesto
    *Kalamata olives
    *vegetarian (rennet free) feta cheese
    *vegetarian (rennet free) mozarella cheese
    +I'll add some brocolli or grilled eggplant to it

Namaste,

Being at college presents a unique challenge, although there are a fair amount of vegetarian options around.

For breakfast I had some oatmeal and fruit. For lunch I had a simple salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, carrots, and chick peas and Italian dressing as well as some steamed vegetables. For dinner I had a veggie sub from Subway. I have also been trying to get more fruits into my diet and have been eating them throughout the day.

I can't wait until I go home and have some of my mother's roti and aloo gobi

Jai Sri Ram
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Thread Information